abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Hachimitsu Rocket just announced that they're disbanding :(

Their last live will be on the 26th of April at Nittele (Nippon Television) Lang Lang Hall in Yomiuri Land.
Some members wanted to move on, and after some discussions they agreed that disbandment was the best option.
I wonder if they'll even be able to hold the live...

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
AKB48 Kashiwagi Yuki mentioned Momoclo as one of her "god 5" idol acts who's had an impact on her

Speaking of articles, this one about Momoclo got a surprising amount of attention (one of the most commented on Yahoo news):
It's paparazzi pics of Momoclo leaving a music show (maybe the one that Taconiji was also on?) last month with lunch boxes that the artists were given at the show. There wasn't time for them to eat the food so they brough it home. The article is praising them for being humble and their attitude towards the staff.

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Here's a teaser for a new Ebichu song "Sweet of sweet ~kimi ni todoku made~, the MV will be out on the 22nd!

This came out of nowhere, so I'm not sure if it's going to be part of a physical single or only released digitally.
I like what I'm hearing so far!

Momoclo's spring concert has been postponed until 2021

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Sadly Ebichu's stage play was cancelled due to the coronavirus

-----------------------------------------------------
Now for more some good news! :shablob:
It's a graduation special -- but with a positive spin!

Team Shachi's Honoka graduated from Meiji Gakuin University!

She was in the faculty of sociology and studying culture and media courses.
Her thesis was about Shonen Jump :Slime:

Ebichu's Mirei also graduated uni!

Her blog post doesn't reveal what she studied, but it seems like she also went to Meiji Gakuin

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
Two quick TokiSen updates. You mentioned some changes in the group a couple weeks ago. One additional change is that Bambi is graduating. She announced it on Feb. 20th and I don't remember reading about it until now. It's possible I just spaced out and forgot. That would explain why they're getting a new member and decided to slightly change their name. This is the second member to wear Yellow who's graduated. At this point, they should probably retire that color and give the new member a different one. Orange could be good.

TokiSen is also doing a live stream on YouTube with Tokyo Girls Style on the 22nd. At last year's Tokyo Idol Festival the two groups formed a Unit called "Tokyo Advertising Department". This will be the second event for the Unit. I hope I'm able to catch the stream, but as usual it will probably be on when I'm asleep.

*Bonus: here's a live perf of Dancing Reni-chan from this month's event in Namie. To be honest, I forgot to listen to it when you posted the audio earlier in the month. I really like it and love how she mentions her name so many times. Definitely following in Arin's footsteps.

AKB48 Kashiwagi Yuki mentioned Momoclo as one of her "god 5" idol acts who's had an impact on her

Speaking of articles, this one about Momoclo got a surprising amount of attention (one of the most commented on Yahoo news):
It's paparazzi pics of Momoclo leaving a music show (maybe the one that Taconiji was also on?) last month with lunch boxes that the artists were given at the show. There wasn't time for them to eat the food so they brough it home. The article is praising them for being humble and their attitude towards the staff.

Yeah, I saw that Momoclo article yesterday. It looked very tabloid-ish so I didn't investigate it too much. I thought they were drawing attention to the members not having makeup on and wearing really casual clothes. I'm glad it was something positive :)

Here's a teaser for a new Ebichu song "Sweet of sweet ~kimi ni todoku made~, the MV will be out on the 22nd!

This came out of nowhere, so I'm not sure if it's going to be part of a physical single or only released digitally.
I like what I'm hearing so far!

Momoclo's spring concert has been postponed until 2021

Glad we're finally getting some new Stardust music :shablob: I thought Ayaka was back from her hiatus, but I don't see her in the teaser so I guess it's still too early.

I watched a little bit of Momoclo's live stream yesterday about moving the Spring concert. I wonder if they'll do something special next year to make up for cancelling it. I also noticed that Shiori's hair is getting a bit long. She needs a trim.

Sadly Ebichu's stage play was cancelled due to the coronavirus

-----------------------------------------------------
Now for more some good news! :shablob:
It's a graduation special -- but with a positive spin!

Team Shachi's Honoka graduated from Meiji Gakuin University!

She was in the faculty of sociology and studying culture and media courses.
Her thesis was about Shonen Jump :Slime:

Ebichu's Mirei also graduated uni!

Her blog post doesn't reveal what she studied, but it seems like she also went to Meiji Gakuin

The only time Graduation is something good in the Idol world, lol. TokiSen's Yoshikawa Hiyori also graduated from High School.

Last edited:

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Two quick TokiSen updates. You mentioned some changes in the group a couple weeks ago. One additional change is that Bambi is graduating. She announced it on Feb. 20th and I don't remember reading about it until now. It's possible I just spaced out and forgot. That would explain why they're getting a new member and decided to slightly change their name. This is the second member to wear Yellow who's graduated. At this point, they should probably retire that color and give the new member a different one. Orange could be good.

TokiSen is also doing a live stream on YouTube with Tokyo Girls Style on the 22nd. At last year's Tokyo Idol Festival the two groups formed a Unit called "Tokyo Advertising Department". This will be the second event for the Unit. I hope I'm able to catch the stream, but as usual it will probably be on when I'm asleep.

*Bonus: here's a live perf of Dancing Reni-chan from this month's event in Namie. To be honest, I forgot to listen to it when you posted the audio earlier in the month. I really like it and love how she mentions her name so many times. Definitely following in Arin's footsteps.

Yeah, I saw that Momoclo article yesterday. It looked very tabloid-ish so I didn't investigate it too much. I thought they were drawing attention to the members not having makeup on and wearing really casual clothes. I'm glad it was something positive :)

Glad we're finally getting some new Stardust music :shablob: I thought Ayaka was back from her hiatus, but I don't see her in the teaser so I guess it's still too early.

I watched a little bit of Momoclo's live stream yesterday about moving the Spring concert. I wonder if they'll do something special next year to make up for cancelling it. I also noticed that Shiori's hair is getting a bit long. She needs a trim.

The only time Graduation is something good in the Idol world, lol. TokiSen's Yoshikawa Hiyori also graduated from High School.

Oh, I missed the graduation... It does explain things. I'm surprised that it's the youngest member who's graduating, but I guess she'll focus on high school. Speaking of Tokisen, that 360 degree video of Koi No Shape Up was very intense. The purple/red/pink members were so close to the camera:ohmygod:
Anyway, with all the 360 degree/VR videos it made me wonder if I'll ever get a VR kit. It might come in useful in situations like this.
And congrats to Tokigreen/Hiyori!
---------------
I'm once again impressed by how Momoclo manage to make such a positive press conference/stream about bad news. They're always looking forward without dwelling on the past or sulking.
Momoclo were very amused when they were asked about the article. They had to clarify some things.

Apparently that was their second lunch 🤣

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
The Sweet of Sweet MV is out now!

It seems like we've gotten our answer. The song is part of the Kubota LOVE Water Project, and it "conveys the importance of tap water".
The music is written by Hyadain!

Here's an article w/ comments from the members:

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
So glad Ayaka's coming back!

:partydogo:

Oh, I missed the graduation... It does explain things. I'm surprised that it's the youngest member who's graduating, but I guess she'll focus on high school. Speaking of Tokisen, that 360 degree video of Koi No Shape Up was very intense. The purple/red/pink members were so close to the camera:ohmygod:
Anyway, with all the 360 degree/VR videos it made me wonder if I'll ever get a VR kit. It might come in useful in situations like this.
And congrats to Tokigreen/Hiyori!
---------------
I'm once again impressed by how Momoclo manage to make such a positive press conference/stream about bad news. They're always looking forward without dwelling on the past or sulking.
Momoclo were very amused when they were asked about the article. They had to clarify some things.

Apparently that was their second lunch 🤣

Yeah, I've never used VR Goggles, so I'm really curious what it's like watching these 360 videos using a pair. If they could do a live concert using the same technology, it would be perfect for our current crisis.

It's so true how positive Momoclo are. when I was watching the live stream, they made it seem like it was good news, lol.

The Sweet of Sweet MV is out now!

It seems like we've gotten our answer. The song is part of the Kubota LOVE Water Project, and it "conveys the importance of tap water".
The music is written by Hyadain!

Here's an article w/ comments from the members:

Wow! This is one of the more visually creative MVs they've done in recent years. It's also interesting how much Hinata is being pushed as the center. Performing as 5 makes it natural to create a center spot, but it does feel like she's gotten more attention after cutting her hair.

The MV's gotten over a million views in just a couple days! I think Ebichu might be at their peak of public interest right now. I don't know what happened, but at some point in the last couple years, they became a highly respected musical act beyond just being Idols and it seems to have increased their popularity.

Last edited:

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
TokiSen uploaded Bambi's last live with the group.

A couple tweets from the perf including the set list.

They also uploaded the live stream they did with Tokyo Girls Style. It would have been cool if they made special costumes for the Unit featuring members from both groups.

Last edited:

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
I like this pic for some reason.

ETtK-ywUcAEP5m1.jpg

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
So glad Ayaka's coming back!

:partydogo:

Yeah, I've never used VR Goggles, so I'm really curious what it's like watching these 360 videos using a pair. If they could do a live concert using the same technology, it would be perfect for our current crisis.

It's so true how positive Momoclo are. when I was watching the live stream, they made it seem like it was good news, lol.

Wow! This is one of the more visually creative MVs they've done in recent years. It's also interesting how much Hinata is being pushed as the center. Performing as 5 makes it natural to create a center spot, but it does feel like she's gotten more attention after cutting her hair.

The MV's gotten over a million views in just a couple days! I think Ebichu might be at their peak of public interest right now. I don't know what happened, but at some point in the last couple years, they became a highly respected musical act beyond just being Idols and it seems to have increased their popularity.
I thought I'd replied to this post...
Yeah Ebichu is doing very well since aiai left. Maybe it's in part due to them growing up a bit. I just know I prefer the more recent Ebichu over their earlier stuff. With Ayaka left they should go back to a center-less lineup. Idk why Hinata was picked, but she does look very cute with the short hair. Personally I'd expect Rika (purple) to be center since she stands out the most visually, but I admit that Hinata fits it more. With Ayaka back, she has a very similar look to Hinata (especially if they both have short hair).

I like this pic for some reason.

ETtK-ywUcAEP5m1.jpg
My favourite part is the girl in the middle who just puts her arms in front of her
Makes the pic more chaotic and fun

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Aarin updated her blog 4 times in a day!
First (pictures with Reni and filters):
https://ameblo.jp/sasaki-sd/entry-12585758047.html
Second (Aarin):
https://ameblo.jp/sasaki-sd/entry-12585759100.html
Third (Aarin + a pic from Ragazze):
https://ameblo.jp/sasaki-sd/entry-12585760464.html
Fourth (Overture off-shot):
https://ameblo.jp/sasaki-sd/entry-12585761160.html

There has also been a couple of livestreams on Momoclo's YT channel where first Reni and then Kanako played some (very old school) games. Maybe we'll get to see Shiori and Aarin stream too. It'd be nice if they played something a bit more contemporary though, as especially Kanako's text-based game was impossible to understand as it was in Japanese.

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
I posted it on OH already but I'll post it here too:

There was another livestream on the Momoclo channel! This is by far my favourite gaming stream so far and I can recommend checking it out (if not the whole thing, then some segments or clips/gifs). This time Shiori was guesting, and she was playing a couple of PS1 games: Crash Bandicoot & Parappa The Rapper!

It's only about 1 hour 40 minutes so it's not that long

It also seems like they might remove the videos after a while, so it's good to check them out before they're gone!

Here's a fun/cute gif from the video

Last edited:

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Great news!!
Aarin's first solo album, "A-rin Assort" will be released on her birthday (11th of June).
The tracklist hasn't been revealed yet, but it'll contain both new and previously released songs!
It'll be released in a standard edition as well as a limited edition version containing a Bluray disc.

Momoclo also appeared on Overture. I'll post these off-shots that I prefer over the actual photos in the magazine

JA Namie posted several photos on IG. Based on their expressions it seemed to have been a bit cold and windy

Oh and here's some BOLT, since it's a good couple of photos

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
TokiSen did a live stream at the beginning of April to introduce their new member Shida Aki. It was just like that episode of Team Syachihoko's variety show that I posted a couple years ago when the members took a trip to an amusement park and Chiyuri got kidnapped. The other members had to look for clues to find out where she taken. It's the same principle here. The TokiSen members look for clues on rides, games, and other attractions that will lead them to the location of the new Tokimeki Lemon. I may do some translations to help better understand it.

Here's some pics from the episode.

For their new single, it looks like they're using 3D images for all the covers. They made some gifs of them which are kinda creepy. The first one is especially creepy because their eyes keep looking straight ahead.

Last edited:
Top Bottom