The Official Momoiro Clover Z & Stardust Planet Thread

Stan BiSH

Global Star Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,483,925
congratulations on the 15th anniversary! 15 years is a long time

i'm curious, since when are you a fan? i think the first time i heard of them was when they did the ED of Joshiraku

also the Sailor Moon stuff, etc

Last edited:

abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Momoclo released a new song for the 15th anniversary

congratulations on the 15th anniversary! 15 years is a long time

i'm curious, since when are you a fan? i think the first time i heard of them was when they did the ED of Joshiraku

also the Sailor Moon stuff, etc

I became a fan in mid-late 2017. I had heard about them before but I was mostly into kpop so I didn't check them out. But then as I was losing my interest in kpop I explored Jpop more. One of the videos I saw was from Momoclo's christmas concert at a ski resort and it continued from there!

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Some articles about the 15th anniversary concert
yoyogiDAY2_3.jpg

Hyadain, Akarin and Momoka also congratulated Momoclo, as did DMB

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,483,925
Momoclo released a new song for the 15th anniversary

One of the videos I saw was from Momoclo's christmas concert at a ski resort and it continued from there!

i was aware of them since around the time of Joshiraku but i legitimately never saw a picture of the members until around 2014 :doge:

for whatever reason i never bothered searching who were the artists of the songs from Animes, for example i discovered SCANDAL in 2014 or so and it wasn't until almost a year of listening to them daily that i realized they did the OP songs for "BLEACH" and "Full Metal Alchemist", i watched both series while they aired (multiples times!) so dunno how it went over my head

anyway what i want to say is that this probably was the first picture i saw of MCZ, from "MUSIC FAIR" in 2014

musicfair20140426_0502_010.jpg

also fun fact, both groups are on the race for the title of "longest active Japanese female group", MCZ are on their 15th year while SCANDAL are on their 16th, there are several girl groups that had been around for longer but they either took hiatuses or have different line ups / generations, the Guinness record is around 20 / 21 years+ of so
I became a fan in mid-late 2017. I had heard about them before but I was mostly into kpop so I didn't check them out. But then as I was losing my interest in kpop I explored Jpop more.
SCANDAL were the first and only Asian artists i liked until around late 2014 when i discovered AOA which to this day is probably my favorite Kpop group, around early 2017 was when i first heard about BiSH and them gradually started loosing interesting in Kpop, i don't if something happened in 2017 or what but i noticed that many international Jpop fans and fan sites started appeared from nowhere that year, dunno if it was something to do with Jpop, Kpop or what

:wherearethelies:

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
i was aware of them since around the time of Joshiraku but i legitimately never saw a picture of the members until around 2014 :doge:

for whatever reason i never bothered searching who were the artists of the songs from Animes, for example i discovered SCANDAL in 2014 or so and it wasn't until almost a year of listening to them daily that i realized they did the OP songs for "BLEACH" and "Full Metal Alchemist", i watched both series while they aired (multiples times!) so dunno how it went over my head

anyway what i want to say is that this probably was the first picture i saw of MCZ, from "MUSIC FAIR" in 2014

musicfair20140426_0502_010.jpg

also fun fact, both groups are on the race for the title of "longest active Japanese female group", MCZ are on their 15th year while SCANDAL are on their 16th, there are several girl groups that had been around for longer but they either took hiatuses or have different line ups / generations, the Guinness record is around 20 / 21 years+ of so

SCANDAL were the first and only Asian artists i liked until around late 2014 when i discovered AOA which to this day is probably my favorite Kpop group, around early 2017 was when i first heard about BiSH and them gradually started loosing interesting in Kpop, i don't if something happened in 2017 or what but i noticed that many international Jpop fans and fan sites started appeared from nowhere that year, dunno if it was something to do with Jpop, Kpop or what

I actually also heard of Scandal before Momoclo thanks to Shojo S which I stumbled upon on Youtube!

In my case it was that my favourite kpop groups (T-ara, Brown Eyed Girls, 4minute etc) became inactive and I got disillusioned by kpop and the fan culture. I already knew about other jpop acts/groups like AKB, Perfume, Utada, Kyary etc but I started expanding into it a bit more. I'll be honest, I was a bit worried that Momoclo might disband just after I got into them when Momoka left before their 10th anniversary. But thankfully they kept going!
It's pretty rare for groups to stick around for so long so fans of Momoclo and Scandal are lucky! I think the longest active ones are Negicco, or maybe Perfume if you count them.

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Ayakanation 2023 was held yesterday!

Amefurasshi, Crown Pop, Luna and Harima appeared from Stardust Planet.
%E4%BD%90%E3%80%85%E6%9C%A8%E5%BD%A9%E5%A4%8F0521%E3%82%BD%E3%83%AD%E3%82%B3%E3%83%B3_%E3%83%A9%E3%82%A4%E3%83%96%E3%82%B9%E3%83%81%E3%83%BC%E3%83%AB1-1536x1024.jpeg

%E4%BD%90%E3%80%85%E6%9C%A8%E5%BD%A9%E5%A4%8F0521%E3%82%BD%E3%83%AD%E3%82%B3%E3%83%B3_%E3%83%A9%E3%82%A4%E3%83%96%E3%82%B9%E3%83%81%E3%83%BC%E3%83%AB14-1536x1024.jpeg

%E4%BD%90%E3%80%85%E6%9C%A8%E5%BD%A9%E5%A4%8F0521%E3%82%BD%E3%83%AD%E3%82%B3%E3%83%B3_%E3%83%A9%E3%82%A4%E3%83%96%E3%82%B9%E3%83%81%E3%83%BC%E3%83%AB5-1536x1024.jpeg

They also announced Ayakarnival 2023!

The performers will be Yukirin (from AKB48), Juice=Juice (Hello! Project), ExWHYZ (WACK/Avex), Kyurushite (Dear Stage) and FRUITS ZIPPER (Asobisystem).
ExWHYZ are the only returning group, as they previously performed under the name EMPIRE. This year the akb groups are represented by Yukirin. I can't remember seeing Yukirin and A-rin together but Yukirin likes Momoclo and went to their 10th anniversary concert. FRUITS ZIPPER went viral with a song last year. They also have a couple Momoclo fans among the members who went to see the 15th anniversary concert. I don't know anything about Juice=Juice or Kyurushite except for their agencies.

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,483,925
They also announced Ayakarnival 2023!

The performers will be Yukirin (from AKB48), Juice=Juice (Hello! Project), ExWHYZ (WACK/Avex), Kyurushite (Dear Stage) and FRUITS ZIPPER (Asobisystem).
ExWHYZ are the only returning group, as they previously performed under the name EMPIRE. This year the akb groups are represented by Yukirin. I can't remember seeing Yukirin and A-rin together but Yukirin likes Momoclo and went to their 10th anniversary concert. FRUITS ZIPPER went viral with a song last year. They also have a couple Momoclo fans among the members who went to see the 15th anniversary concert. I don't know anything about Juice=Juice or Kyurushite except for their agencies.

surprised to see Yuki Kashiwagi, first time right? also nice to see ExWHYZ, their predecessor group EMPiRE guested on all previous versions but i wasn't sure if they too were going to be invited

too bad they are going to be on separate days, as part of her single project with WACK YK was actually part of EMPiRE for a little while, it would have been a good chance to see the first official live performance of the song

-

so how are the artists picked each year? at the very least it seems they always have some representation from the 48 groups, Hello! Project and WACK there but i don't recall any Dearstage artist being invited before

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
ukka announced their first major single "wonder little love"

Iginari Tohoku San finished their Japan tour with performances at Line Cube Shibuya
650x_sub_image263748.jpg
Fw4L5gpakAAHOBk
They released a video of their Makenai Uta performance

And they also performed a new song, "NIWAKA", and announced a Pacifico Yokohama concert at the end of the year!

Kanako is the MC for a new TV show called LEGO MASTERS

surprised to see Yuki Kashiwagi, first time right? also nice to see ExWHYZ, their predecessor group EMPiRE guested on all previous versions but i wasn't sure if they too were going to be invited

too bad they are going to be on separate days, as part of her single project with WACK YK was actually part of EMPiRE for a little while, it would have been a good chance to see the first official live performance of the song

-

so how are the artists picked each year? at the very least it seems they always have some representation from the 48 groups, Hello! Project and WACK there but i don't recall any Dearstage artist being invited before

Yes, first time for everyone except ExWHYZ. For the first iterations the artists were picked by a committee made up of idol magazine editors/writers but I don't know what the process looks like now. I don't remember there being a H!P group before but I might have missed or forgotten one Up Up Girls.

Last edited:

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Natalie started a 15th anniversary cross-talk series with Momoclo members chatting with people.
The first article is Shiori talking to actress Sairi Ito.
p_two01_v3.jpg

Sairi starred alongside Momoclo in Maku Ga Aru in 2014 and is one of Shiori's closest celebrity friends. We get to know a bit more about how they got to know each other and they reflect on their careers.

There were also some MVs released recently.

Amefurasshi - Blow Your Mind

I haven't liked Amefurasshi's songs much but this has both a good song and MV!

TEAM SHACHI - Into You ~Taste of Love~

TEAM SHACHI switch back their image and sound for the first time since they rebranded several years ago

Momoclo - Kaerimichi

Momoclo's second 15th anniversary song. This time all members contributed to the lyrics for the first time since Ano Sora E Mukatte in 2008!

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,483,925

also stuff for Reni Takagi's 30th birthday

one of them is going her first solo photobook (i think it's her first?) is going to be released by Shueisha on August 29

they released a preview
9-001-micmicidol.jpg

9-b05.jpg

9-b02.jpg

9-b03.jpg

9-b04.jpg

9-b01.jpg

there is an interview too

and i believe they are going to release a behind the scenes of it in August?

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Yes, it's Reni's first PB! It's also the first time a Momoclo member has done underwear/swimsuit gravure (but not the first in Stardust). It's a bit surprising since Momoclo management seemed opposed to the idea before and no member seemed interested when they were younger but I can see how she'd do it at the end of her 20s. The photos look great so far. AYAKARNIVAL also seemed fun! I couldn't watch the stream this time but I look forward to next year, and maybe I can catch the performances on other platforms. Nice to see Yukirin tweet "from now on we're not senior and junior, we're friends".

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Batten Girls will release a new song!

battenshoujotai_jkt202307.jpg

Igininari Tohoku San also released a new song

And ukka appeared on NHK World's J-Melo
Momoclo was also voted in some poll about "idols around 30 you want to see active forever"
#1 perfume, #2 Kanako, #3 Yukirin (AKB), #4 Reni, #5 Shiori #6 A-rin
But there were very few responses from people in their 10s

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,483,925

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
I forgot my password :pandafrozen:

Shiori released her first MV, "Sepia", as part of her 12 colors project!

She also wrote the lyrics for the song. Composition is by Mitsu J.

Shiori will also sing "Nausica of the valley of the wind" in the upcoming Studio Ghibli tribute album "Ghibli wo utau" (Singing Ghibli)
jiburi.jpg

And in much sadder news, Tomomi Furuya recently passed away after a long battle against cancer. She had been a Momoclo manager since the group's formation.
58e688fc.jpg

Top Bottom