The Official Pokémon Thread

Baymax

(•—•)
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,400
Ok...these pictures are ADORABLE

I'm probably going to end up waiting to see the evolutions before deciding which one to get but aaah, they are so cute ; ;

I got a Switch for my birthday last week and I'm so excited for Sword and Shield. They'll be the first Pokémon games I'll buy (Switch is my first console hehe). Before this, I played Platinum on a DS a friend gave me, and ROMs of Red, HeartGold, Black and Black 2. I really hope I can afford the new game :teehee:

Happy belated birthday, I hope you enjoy the Switch as much as I do! ♡
I feel you about the cost of games, I'm about to sell an organ for the games I'm planning to buy.
:sadpuppy:

yerm

I can make the beat go! Graphics Lead Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,505,706
Pronouns
she/her
I'm probably going to end up waiting to see the evolutions before deciding which one to get but aaah, they are so cute ; ;

Happy belated birthday, I hope you enjoy the Switch as much as I do! ♡
I feel you about the cost of games, I'm about to sell an organ for the games I'm planning to buy.
:sadpuppy:

I should have kept my appendix when the doctors removed it all those years ago and sold it for Switch money :sejeongcry:

sexy cutie

N.FIA / BABY / DEOBI / FOREVER / MYDAY / ONCE Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,376,100
What generation did you guys start playing pokemon? And on what handheld?
I started with Ruby on my trusty silver GBA SP and I still have it :shablob:
I think my first Pokemon was FireRed in VBA (GBA emulator). I used to have GBA SP but never had a Pokemon. My first Pokemon on handheld was Platinum in Nintendo DSi. It was easier to get games for DSi...

Baymax

(•—•)
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,400
What generation did you guys start playing pokemon? And on what handheld?
I started with Ruby on my trusty silver GBA SP and I still have it :shablob:

My first Pokémon game was Gold and I played it on Gameboy Color!
It's been a while since I last saw them so I'm not really sure where they are now, RIP.
:sejeongcry:

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,245
I am still keep on playing this game even after the Masuda annoucment that not all the previous Pokemon won't be included on the game.

TonyAndonuts

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭35
I am still keep on playing this game even after the Masuda annoucment that not all the previous Pokemon won't be included on the game.
What are you some kinda Game Freak apologist!? 🤨

I'm joking. I'm still getting the game too. I 100% understand some fans' anger though and Masuda's reasoning for getting rid of Pokemon is questionable at best, but it's not enough to keep me from getting it. There's still enough there that has me excited. I just hate the overly passionate fans that're boycotting the game and judging those that still wanna buy it. Like, sorry, not everybody cares about graphics and the National Dex as much as you do. :rolleyes: That being said, I do hope Game Freak and The Pokemon Company take some of the rational criticism to heart and really improve next generation since it's probably too late for Sword and Shield at this point.

roseychu

sungjae's wife Administrator Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭516,171
Pronouns
She/Her
Polteageist.jpg

Baymax

(•—•)
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,400

:heartublob:
EDp7U2PX4AANevn

Polteageist is the cutest akjsfhaf I can't wait to get this lil dude in my party aaa

and I'll just post the trailer from Nintendo Direct from last week here:

I'm going to spend most of my days just sitting around in camp and cooking curries, istg. :sejeongcry:
And I can't wait to make my character look cute in the customisation features, especially the league card.

peach

♡ Sweet Like Sugar Poison ♡ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭146,190
I‘m so ready for Sword and Shield, but I‘m still not sure which edition I want :peepopbirthday:

yerm

I can make the beat go! Graphics Lead Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,505,706
Pronouns
she/her
Ah this thread is so quiet but I just got to play Pokémon X and Moon in the past week so I thought I'd share my thoughts as they're the most modern Pokémon games I've played.

• I love that EXP Share is across the whole party in them. It's seriously a lifesaver. I'm guessing this feature will continue for Sword and Shield which is awesome.
  • The rollerskates in X are driving me crazy - I just can't control them properly. Using the summon Pokémon in Moon to ride on is an interesting evolution from bikes and rollerskates but I totally miss earning HMs and hopping on my bike. Don't know if the trailers for Sword and Shield have given any hints for what transport will continue in the game but I hope the bike returns and I can earn HMs again. Since it is a British based location, I like to think that the bike reflects us a bit better than the other two options.
  • I miss the gyms in Pokémon Moon. The trials are a nice change, but the gyms are what make a Pokémon game. Correct me if I'm wrong but from what I remember from the trailers, gyms are back in Sword and Shield? I could be wrong...
  • I like taking care of Pokémon in Moon. I thought it would be more cumbersome to stroke them and stuff but it's actually a nice relief from battling.
I'm also wondering which Pokémon from previous generations will appear in Sword and Shield! I think a few appeared in trailers but I don't remember which. Anyway, I want my Shinx/Luxio/Luxray so Nintendo better provide!

Baymax

(•—•)
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,400
It's finally November which means Sword/Shield will be released in a few weeks! :wow:

It took me a while to decide which version I wanted but I'm going for Shield since I prefer the Pokémon exclusives (although, I really want Sirfetch'd) and I love the look of this gym leader, Allister.

people_allister.png

roseychu

sungjae's wife Administrator Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭516,171
Pronouns
She/Her
my brother bought the two pack and said he'll give me one
:somicry:

Zero

the cutest pupper
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭38,480
I can't decide if I should buy it, I've read all the complaints about "Dexit" etc and understand why people are mad, but at the same time I'm not sure it would bother me that much personally, I just really miss playing Pokémon and was looking forward to a new game :feelsblankie:

Baymax

(•—•)
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,400
I can't decide if I should buy it, I've read all the complaints about "Dexit" etc and understand why people are mad, but at the same time I'm not sure it would bother me that much personally, I just really miss playing Pokémon and was looking forward to a new game :feelsblankie:

If it won't bother you personally then I think you should go ahead and buy the game if that's what you want! You shouldn't let others discourage you from playing it bc they don't like how things have been handled; there's always going to be people complaining about something.

When Pokémon: Let's Go got released a lot of people didn't like it bc of some of the changes made (like catching wild PKMN to level up but this won't happen in Sword/Shield) but I personally loved it bc it reignited my love for Pokémon; I got that feeling of pure excitement which I haven't felt for a long time when playing a game.

If worse comes to worst, and you don't end up enjoying the game you can always sell it!

Baymax

(•—•)
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,400
:wow: The game is finally released; I can't wait for my copy to come through my door tomorrow morning! I've been stalking the Pokémon Sword/Shield hashtag and I'm getting so excited seeing screenshots and clips that people are posting.

Also was curious to see the final forms of the starter Pokémon...
EJXYElXW4AAfTQ0

:youdontsay:

Top Bottom