엄지는 내 장미 VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭44,237,963
Rothy on the list
Translation
Rothy

@rothy_ming

I am digesting various genres, but I am curious about what genre you like more, and whether there is a genre you want to unravel more as a musician named Rothy.
I am still thinking a lot between what I like and what genre I have to do. It seems like I’ve been looking for answers little by little lately, but if I sing a variety of genres and lean towards popular music, the music I listen to is not a very calm ballad, but I’m only looking for and listening to so-called indie genres that blend with one instrument as if whispering. So, deep down, I was happy that I had found my taste, and I thought that someday I would definitely like to release this kind of music like myself. But you should try not to be picky about music.

In addition to their own music, there are many cases where songs are presented in various ways, such as OSTs or participating in music programs. What is the secret to expressing various expressions in songs that fit various moods and as a musician named Rothy?
Just as actors permeate the background and personality of the character through acting, I think acting with the tone and skill of the voice according to the lyrics and temperature of the song is also a singer. I still lack a lot, but I think I'm trying to figure out the lyrics, the situation of the drama, and the flow of the song as much as possible.

What kind of time was the last 2022, Corona 19 period for a musician named Rothy?
In fact, right before the start of the corona, thankfully, the sound source was doing well, and I was in a state full of plans and excitement for this and that sound source. And the hardest thing was that I was upset because I couldn't stand on stage and meet the fans. So after wandering around for a while, I quickly found my vitality by releasing albums one by one and starting over one by one.

Just as actors permeate the background and personality of the character through acting, I think acting with the tone and skill of the voice according to the lyrics and temperature of the song is also a singer.
-Rothy-

I am directly involved in writing songs, so I wonder if I will be able to see more of myself as a singer-songwriter in the future.
Although she is still very immature, she felt a sense of accomplishment and pride when making songs, and was attracted to the fact that she could have a deeper affection for my songs. In the past, she wanted to sing but had no interest or confidence in making music, but now that she is enjoying the fun of creating, she has a dream to make my own music and release it as an album.

There are two mini-albums, but for those who like musician Rothy, it might be a pity to release the work in a single unit.
I want to show my view of the world of music through a regular album that can show all the joys and sorrows of a movie or drama. I think I need to work harder to do that, and I think it's also important to broaden the bowl of musicality that can digest all the songs in the regular album. I really want to challenge myself with a regular album by working hard to express a wider range of genres.

What do you want to express as a musician under the name Rothy, and what are your plans for the future?
I want to express music that is neither difficult nor too light. I want to become a person who shares, sympathizes with, and breathes songs with those who listen to my music. I want to become a singer who can be a shelter for those who listen to my songs, and though I am far away from me, through my voice and melody, I want to tell them that Rothy, a musician, is not a difficult or unapproachable person, but is always by my side like a friend. In 2023, I wonder if the songs I have prepared so far will be released sequentially as an album. And if given a chance, I want to challenge many things without avoiding them. I plan to do things one by one that I always avoided because I was worried that it would be difficult or impossible to do. And I plan to work hard for the health of body and mind.

Last edited:
Top Bottom