[theqoo]NCT’s Taeyong admits to bullying, personally apologizes to his middle school classmate

Baal

Hallyuboo Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭96,320

Meet the victim … NCT Taeyong, the truth of past controversies

NCT-Taeyong-2.jpg

NCT’s Taeyong was previously accused of having bad behavior during middle school, such as being homophobic towards a classmate and bullying a classmate.

It has been confirmed by Wikitree that Taeyong did indeed write the comment that was said to be homophobic, but the comment was not made with malicious intent, as the person the comment was directed to was a friend of his.

Taeyong was close with the person that he wrote that to, so there were no bad feelings at all from it. – Wikitree

The victim of bullying by Taeyong and his friends came out to say that all they wanted was an apology from him.

I’ve lived in pain for years after the incident. I just wanted to ask you why you did it, and to receive a sincere apology. – Victim

When the victim tried to make Taeyong’s past action public knowledge, the victim instead was accused of spreading false information and rumors, causing the victim to suffer more and live in fear.

It was a wound that I couldn’t wash away. My feelings were being represented by someone else. I was reduced to being someone who was spreading rumors. – Victim

The victim sent SM Entertainment an email saying that they would like an apology in person, but there was no reply from SM.

However, after Taeyong returned from the United States on October 11, he decided to meet with one of the victims. Here, Taeyong admitted to his actions, and apologized to the victim directly.

The two people faced each other for the first time in 10 years. The victim shed tears, while they sat in silence for nearly one hour. After calming down, the victim faced Taeyong again. Taeyong was the first person to say something, bowing his head in apology. He admitted to his past wrongdoings, and sincerely apologized.

It has been a long time since I saw this friend, and I am upset that I am meeting them over something like this. Honestly, I have never once felt at ease because of this. Every day, dozens of times, I think ‘why was I like that’ and feel regret. – Taeyong

The victim listened to Taeyong’s every word, and felt sincerity from his apology. Eventually, after more than 2 hours of talking with each other, the victim decided to forgive Taeyong.

At that time, I was very poor with how I expressed myself. I would like to sincerely apologize for my thoughtless remarks and actions when I was younger. I’m very sorry. – Taeyong

original post: theqoo

1. Not rumors, all true ㅋㅋㅋㅋ I’m curious about what the members think of him

2. If you really want to apologize, go it alone. Why did you go along with the reporter?ㅋㅋㅋ

3. Wow .. The victim is a real bodhisattva.

4. Everything from his presence to the time and the way of apologizing made his fans and his group worse.

5. He should do it before his debut. How many years has it been since his debut? Would he not apologize if the truth was not made public? And if he sincerely apologizes to the victim, he should meet the victim privately, not with the reporter. Before debuting, after debuting, did he feel sorry for that victim? He really is trash

6. With the reporter? Is he crazy? He’s beating the victim a second time.

7. Why doesn’t SM know this?; SM shouldn’t let him debut

8. I don’t want to see him on TV. As a person with similar circumstances to the victim, It’s annoying to hear anything about him in the media.

9. I’m not a fan, but I don’t understand why the fans keep shielding him? He’s too filthy to be an idol

10. What is wrong with other NCT members? I think NCT would be better without Taeyong .. I felt sorry for the victim who cried for an hour and forgave him in the presence of reporters and company staffs.

11. Taeyong should retire and reflect on his actions for the rest of his life

12. If you really want to apologize and be forgiven, go without the reporter and sincerely apologize to the victim, and the victim will post it.

Taeyong’s fans try to clean the search bar after the article about his scandal

Real-time Twitter after Taeyong’s article

Taeyong-1.jpg

Taeyong-2.jpg
Taeyong-3.jpg

Unify this tweet for a number of reasons..

original post: theqoo

1. Clean the search bar / Try to push good keywords and eliminate bad keywords in real time

2. It’s about cleaning the search bar.

3. They’re trying to clean the search bar, his fans are real idiots

4. I’m surprised that how his fans can do that. How can they continue to stan an idol like him?

5. This is ridiculous, Taeyong still has fans after all he has doneㅋㅋㅋ

6. Taeyong went with reporters to apologize to the victim, but fans are trying to bury his scandal

7. Well … Now they try to blame the victim and shield the perpetrator.

8. They’re trying to clean the search bar. What the hell?

9. I know they’re trying to clean the search bar, but it’s popular among idol fandoms, but it’s funny that fans clean the search bar even when he’s wrongㅋㅋ

10. Any fandom does that but it’s funnyㅋㅋ

11. Fans are real idiots ㅋㅋ He doesn’t deserve to be a celebrity. Thinking about him in SuperM, Lee Soo Man has to admit it’s a mistake of him

BlessMeAchoo

Excuse My Charisma
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭201,500
The fact that he admitted it does make me look at him differently not gonna lie. As someone who was bullied myself I can't imagine how the victim must have felt seeing the person that bullied them become famous. I'm not saying Taeyong hasn't changed to become a better person because he might have and at least he has apologised I guess, but I feel quite conflicted about him now...

Mina

ᴊᴜɴɢᴡᴏᴏ ʙᴇʏᴏɴᴄᴇ ᴏғ ᴋᴏʀᴇᴀ Shop Lead Awards
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭41,160
Pronouns
she/her
Wow. I'm.... not gonna support him. Happy that he apologized, but I feel like this is just something I can't tolerate.

Icy

Yuta
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,411,900
i have complicated feelings about bullying, having been a victim myself.
but i wanna see what he says about this to the fans:jinjudge:

cheese sandwich

jimin’s 5.7cm pinky™
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭200
he basically pressured the victim into accepting his apology with the reporter present

domination

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,330
Now his fans are gonna talk about how angelic he is, how he's the kindest sweetest fluffiest person they ever met. These sort of comments is in all the threads about him.

Quite honestly there's no concrete proof he has changed. Everything we see of him now is nicely curated since he's a public figure. So while I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he's not as shitty anymore, it really doesn't make him a saint. He got caught once in the past and apologised for that, now he got caught again so he apologised for this. The way I see it, he only apologised cause he got caught.

And to think SM shielded him with bullshit statement like "we check with his school and there's no evidence" to further feed his fans' delusion.

AegyoInTheStreets

Hallyuboo Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭18,675
Bringing reporters to his apology means the apology is just mediaplay. They didnt do it to make things right with the victim, they did it as a PR solution to this issue. That's not genuine.

fullofjoy

The innocent one!
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭913,845
People do change. I don't why some people are down his throat like this. I don't even stan him but I understand as a children we make mistakes. I am also a victim of bullying but I'm not going to hide the fact that I was a bully. Yes, I said some mean things when I was 12 years old but would I say those things now, absolutely not. I have grown, I followed the crowd back & it got me nowhere.
I know he WAS a bully. But I believe he has change, seeing with the other boys shows that he is not same middle school idoit.

fullofjoy

The innocent one!
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭913,845
+ this is not his first time apologizing.
Why people down his throat? People change after 10 years.

Top Bottom