This is what Shanghai looks like right now...

lovenatu

🥺 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭24,950
It’s also empty because a lot of people have returned to their hometowns for New Years. Major cities like Shanghai will always be a bit empty during Chinese New Years but maybe not to this extent.

I doubt that it’s actually that empty. I think it’s more likely that the photos were purposely taken to make it look more empty than it really is. This is Shanghai after all.

Last edited:

denizen mars

Lesbian Potato Goddess
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,250
It's new years and the holiday was extended a week because of the virus to encourage people to stay put. East asian cities are always empty around new years, but I guess most westerners don't understand that so we get this sensationalism. 'Sensitive content' my ass :rolleyes:

Danee

♥ ANSWER ♥ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭234,495
Seriously... Why is photo of streets marked as sensitive? Its just creating panic which isnt exactly what people need. One would expect dead bodies in streets or something. Arent Chinese towns usually empty during national hollidays and if we count that people being encouraged to stay in their houses... I guess its expected.

Seunghee's Eyebrows

그댄 나의 Angel Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,943,788
It's new years and the holiday was extended a week because of the virus to encourage people to stay put. East asian cities are always empty around new years, but I guess most westerners don't understand that so we get this sensationalism. 'Sensitive content' my ass :rolleyes:
Seriously... Why is photo of streets marked as sensitive? Its just creating panic which isnt exactly what people need. One would expect dead bodies in streets or something. Arent Chinese towns usually empty during national hollidays and if we count that people being encouraged to stay in their houses... I guess its expected.
Removed the tag.

Top Bottom