abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Eg0yZX2UcAE2q13

Stardust's Tohoku-based girl group Iginari Tohoku San (aka Made in Tohoku) will release their new single "re;star" on October 24th and they've started a fundraiser to afford make up and clothes. Tohoku San was previously under a "make-up ban" which banned them from wearing make-up and restricted them to simple clothes.

Their goal is to raise 4.5 million yen (approximately 45 000 dollars) by the end of the month. The fundraiser, which opened earlier today, just passed the 3 million yen mark from a total of more than 600 pledgers. There are various pledge rewards ranging from a digital thank you photo (1000 yen) to a signed stage backdrop (120 000 yen), but currently all benefits except the digital photo are sold out.

Fundraiser:

News article:

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
Hmm, it seems like they dramatically mismanaged the rewards. They have a solid fanbase, but it's not particularly large. I'm sure a number of people would have been willing to give more support if there had been more of the larger reward tiers. 1.5 mil is a lot to ask for in increments of 1000.

abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Hmm, it seems like they dramatically mismanaged the rewards. They have a solid fanbase, but it's not particularly large. I'm sure a number of people would have been willing to give more support if there had been more of the larger reward tiers. 1.5 mil is a lot to ask for in increments of 1000.

Yeah, considering how minimal the reward is for the 1000 yen pledge there's no real reason for fans to donate now except for funding the MV. There should be some slightly more expensive tier with unlimited actual rewards. Now there are almost 130 people who've pledged 1000 yen, but even if that were to double that'd be the same as 1 person getting the highest tier.

I just don't see them getting 1500 more people who pay ~10 USD each for a digital photo. Still I'm surprised they managed to raise that much so quickly! There are clearly some fans who are willing to spend a lot of money on them.

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
Yeah, considering how minimal the reward is for the 1000 yen pledge there's no real reason for fans to donate now except for funding the MV. There should be some slightly more expensive tier with unlimited actual rewards. Now there are almost 130 people who've pledged 1000 yen, but even if that were to double that'd be the same as 1 person getting the highest tier.

I just don't see them getting 1500 more people who pay ~10 USD each for a digital photo. Still I'm surprised they managed to raise that much so quickly! There are clearly some fans who are willing to spend a lot of money on them.

I mean, idols are the lifestyle for wota. Most wota are not any better off than the average person, but they save and use all their discretionary income on supporting their oshimen. If your oshimen needs help, you step up however you can. That's why the sousenkyo was so successful for 48G. That said, it's a bit unreasonable to ask someone to make multiple purchases of ¥1000 each and have the reward essentially be an email, because now they're paying money to receive a full inbox, and it's unclear if you'd even get a different message each time or if it's just a standard thank you card sent out. Hopefully they'll see what's happening and add some more rewards, if they can. Otherwise I am really not sure how this will go.

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
Update:

They made it. I'm glad my fears were unfounded, although I know they did end up adding a few more of the different rewards.

Top Bottom