Tiger King' Holds Longest Streak as Number One Show on Netflix. Joe Exotic and co. have been the most-watched TV show or movie for 15 straight days.

Stan BiSH

Global Star Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,429,625

Tiger-King.jpg

“Tiger King” is on a roll, with Netflix sharing on Monday morning that the popular docuseries was once again its most-watched show or movie in the U.S. over the past 24 hours — pushing its streak of being the top title on the streaming service to 15 straight days.

The seven-part series, covering the bizarre life of former tiger zoo owner Joe Exotic and several other owners like him in the U.S., easily holds the longest streak atop Netflix’s recently-launched top 10 overall shows and movies list. “The Trials of Gabriel Fernandez” holds the second-longest streak at 6 straight days as Netflix’s most watched show or movie, followed by “Love Is Blind” and “Spenser Confidential,” which were both in the top spot for five straight days.

“Tiger King’s” 15 days overall as the top title on Netflix is also far and away the most days spent at number one by any show or movie on the service. These records are relatively new, of course: Netflix has only been publicly sharing its Top 10 lists — which cover TV, movies and a mixed overall category — since late February.

More “Tiger King” could be on the way, too. Jeff Lowe, one of the stars of the series, said a few days ago that Netflix is planning to release a new episode of the show this week.

Lowe, who owns the Oklahoma zoo that Joe Exotic once ran that is featured in the docuseries, sent a video message to Los Angeles Dodgers player Justin Turner following an episode of a podcast hosted by Turner’s wife, Kourtney.

“Netflix is adding one more episode. It will be on next week. They’re filming here tomorrow,” Lowe said in the video. “Take care, stay safe, and put your mask on.”

Netflix did not respond to TheWrap’s request for comment.

“Tiger King” has been a wildly popular series for Netflix since it debuted on March 20. The docuseries is about the eccentric owners of wild tigers and how their world coincides with drug kingpins, conmen and cult leaders who all love the cats. It most closely follows Joe Exotic (née Joseph Maldonado-Passage), who by the end of the series winds up in jail serving a 22-year sentence for animal abuse and for a plot to hire an assassin to take out his rival and big cat owner, Carole Baskin.

Fans of the series have created petitions calling for Exotic’s release, and celebrities including Dax Shepherd have led social media campaigns to be cast in an inevitable “Tiger King” feature film.

It’s unclear what the nature of the new “Tiger King” episode would be — either a continuation or a reunion of the existing docuseries.

also :doge:

Stan BiSH

Global Star Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,429,625
i agree, but tbh i think that dude jeff lowe and doc antle are like x10 worse,

also joe exotic just tested positive for coronavirus, 2020 sure is a ride :doge:

carole fucking baskin
that bitch!

btw season 2 is gonna be about her

time to pull that skeleton out the closet septic tank :doge:

Dragon of the West

Iroh VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭793,900
Honestly one of the best docu-series I've ever seen. I hope more people get sent to jail starting with Doc Antle and then Jeff

Also, f*ck that bitch from Florida, Carole f*cking Baskin

Edit: people asking for Joe to be released are actual psychos for not seeing why he deserves an even longer death sentence

Saint Ren

So Iconic - User OT Month 4 April , May AND June
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,176,025
The twists in this damn show! What happened to Travis and that one man turning snitch were the most shocking to me

my fave was Reinke the manager of the zoo with the artificial legs. I was so sad how he lived all alone in a trailer, I hope he gets some work off of this

Whisky23

"Kind but not soft" Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,200
Pronouns
Stud/Studmuffin
Not sure if I wanna get into this series...seems like a show about people I'm gonna intensely dislike.:meh:

Grape Soda

SKZ Simp 🍇🍇🍇 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,180,125
i agree, but tbh i think that dude jeff lowe and doc antle are like x10 worse,

also joe exotic just tested positive for coronavirus, 2020 sure is a ride :doge:

that bitch!

btw season 2 is gonna be about her

time to pull that skeleton out the closet septic tank :doge:
Florida reopened her husband's death investigation

Top Bottom