TIME 2020's Person of the year: Joe Biden and Kamala Harris are TIME's person of the year

Stan BiSH

Global Star Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,429,625

while i'm glad that Biden won the election... he hasn't done anything yet
more or less TIME pick him on the merit of not being Trump (which is a really low bar)

in my opinion the winner should have been the medical workers, collective groups of people already won in the past so there was no excuse

previous winners​

YearImageChoiceLifetimeNotesRunners-up
2010Mark Zuckerberg at the 37th G8 Summit in Deauville 037.jpg Mark ZuckerbergBorn in 1984Founder of social-networking website Facebook.
2011Marcha estudiantes Chile.jpg The ProtesterRepresenting many global protest movements—for example, the Arab Spring, the Indignants Movement, the Occupy Movement, and the Tea Party movement—as well as protests in Chile, Greece, India, and Russia among others.
2012President Barack Obama, 2012 portrait crop.jpg Barack ObamaBorn in 1961In 2012, Obama was re-elected President of the United States, defeating Mitt Romney.
2013Pope Francis Philadelphia 2015 (cropped).jpg Pope FrancisBorn in 1936Elected head of the Roman Catholic Church in 2013, following the resignation of Pope Benedict XVI.
2014PPE Training (2).jpg Ebola fighters"Ebola fighters" refers to health care workers who helped stop the spread of Ebola virus disease during the Ebola virus epidemic in West Africa, including not only doctors and nurses, but also ambulance attendants, burial parties and others.
2015Angela Merkel Juli 2010 - 3zu4.jpg Angela MerkelBorn in 1954Chancellor of Germany since 2005, recognized for leadership in the Greek debt crisis and European migrant crisis.
2016Donald Trump official portrait.jpg Donald TrumpBorn in 1946In 2016, Trump was elected President of the United States, defeating Hillary Clinton.
2017Feminism and Media 2.jpg The Silence BreakersThe people who spoke out against sexual abuse and harassment, including the figureheads of the Me Too movement. Represented on the cover by strawberry picker Isabel Pascual (pseudonym), lobbyist Adama Iwu, actress Ashley Judd, software engineer Susan Fowler, singer-songwriter Taylor Swift, and a sixth woman, a hospital worker who wished to remain anonymous and whose face cannot be seen.
2018The GuardiansJournalists who faced persecution, arrest or murder for their reporting. Those highlighted on four different covers were:
  • Jamal Khashoggi, Washington Post columnist murdered for his criticism of the Saudi crown prince;
  • Maria Ressa, editor of the Philippine news website Rappler, who was indicted for her critical coverage of its president’s controversially violent policies;
  • Wa Lone and Kyaw Soe Oo, Reuters journalists captured in Myanmar while investigating a massacre of Rohingya Muslims;
  • the staff of The Capital, a Maryland newspaper whose office was targeted by a gunman who killed five of its employees in a mass shooting.
2019Greta Thunberg au parlement européen (33744056508), recadré.png Greta ThunbergBorn in 2003Environmental activist and founder of the school strike for the climate campaign.

UMJI MOODS

엄지는 내 장미 VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭43,128,613
While they technically haven't done anything yet they did manage to knock out Trump. Given all the issues of pandemic they won by a significant margin.
That said healthcare workers should have been on the cover.

Sasori

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭366,985
Time's criteria for picking the person of the year is "for better or for worse... has done the most to influence the events of the year". You can make a case for Biden/Harris for defeating an incumbent President which is incredibly rare. However, Covid dominated this year and changed the way we live, so either Fauci or the front line healthcare workers as a whole would have been a more appropriate choice.

She

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭53,550
so basically if you become US president then you're auto person of the year? what a boring way to make a list

Top Bottom