TIME publishes an article of interview with TWICE about "Feel Special"

imaslave4tzuyu

Hallyuboo Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭51,940
Some snippets from the article by Kat Moon:
"By now, TWICE’s nine members — Jihyo, Nayeon, Jeongyeon, Momo, Sana, Mina, Dahyun, Chaeyoung and Tzuyu — have grown accustomed to setting and breaking their own records. Feel Special has already reached the highest first-week album sales for a K-pop girl group, adding to TWICE’s six million-plus albums sold worldwide. At the start of their career four years ago, the group’s music video “Like OOH-AHH” became the first K-pop debut track to reach 100 million views on YouTube. Since then, TWICE has gained hundreds of millions of views on the platform. BTS, Blackpink and soloist Psy are the only K-pop acts with music videos that have more YouTube views. But TWICE’s online impact reaches far beyond the video site. On Twitter, member Momo’s name trended ahead of the Apple event in the U.S. when, on the same day the tech giant introduced the iPhone 11, TWICE dropped her individual teaser clip for the “Feel Special” video. The occasion demonstrated that even a dose of new information — in this case, Momo’s hairstyle change — can spark a tweetstorm among TWICE’s fans, who are referred to as “Once.”

And yet, a cloud looms above their recent milestones. Mina, one of the group’s main dancers, has been sitting out of the promotional activities for Feel Special. A few months ago, JYP Entertainment announced that she would not be participating in TWICE’s world tour because she was “struggling with sudden anxiety and insecurity toward performing on stage.” Shortly after, the company posted an additional note explaining that her condition was confirmed as anxiety disorder. The statement was one of the first times a K-pop label shared the specific health-related diagnosis of a member — especially one regarding mental health. As Mina’s hiatus continues, the group’s music has taken a turn to reflect more of TWICE’s personal hardships."

Full Article:

drhcc

OH glitch bot Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭95,560
Posted this in the Twice MT, so thought I mind as well post it here too:

The girls were more open about Mina's situation than I had expected, but I feel happy knowing that they are able to talk freely about their worries and struggles (with Mina's permission, I'm sure). The pressure to succeed and surpass expectations must've been crushing, and I understand that feeling to some extent. Just makes me even more appreciative of their sheer force of determination, their strong sense of teamwork and family bond, and their now deeply personal desire to convey messages of support and positivity to others.

Forever proud of them

:tears: :heartublob: :noooo:

Last edited:

Stannie

Philippians 4:11-13
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,001
To be completely honest, I have come to "understand" and love more Twice over the past 3+ months during Mina's hiatus than I ever have been in the 4 years of stanning them. It's weird. But this whole ordeal really hits home and makes me feel closer and more relatable to them than ever.

This is a great article.

imaslave4tzuyu

Hallyuboo Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭51,940
Posted this in the Twice MT, so thought I mind as well post it here too:

The girls were more open about Mina's situation than I had expected, but I feel happy knowing that they are able to talk freely about their worries and struggles (with Mina's permission, I'm sure). The pressure to succeed and surpass expectations must've been crushing, and I understand that feeling to some extent. Just makes me even more appreciative of their sheer force of determination, their strong sense of teamwork and family bond, and their now deeply personal desire to convey messages of support and positivity to others.

Forever proud of them

:tears: :heartublob: :noooo:

I know. The pressures of a top girl group must have been eating them slowly, I am just happy that they have each other to power through it. I am so amazed at their growth. We've come a long way from singing about happiness and love to spreading awareness and tackling serious issues. I love them.

To be completely honest, I have come to "understand" and love more Twice over the past 3+ months during Mina's hiatus than I ever have been in the 4 years of stanning them. It's weird. But this whole ordeal really hits home and makes me feel closer and more relatable to them than ever.

This is a great article.

SAME. It felt like a deeper bond or connection was made. It shows their humanity; going beyond the goddesses and perfect image they are to some fans, and even how they're portrayed in the media. They are spreading awareness that this serious issue could affect anyone; even someone who supposedly should enjoy all the perks, love, fame and fortune that comes with the idol life.

A Flower4ever

❤ #AlwaysWithTwice #OT9ForEver ❤ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭281,245
I know. The pressures of a top girl group must have been eating them slowly, I am just happy that they have each other to power through it. I am so amazed at their growth. We've come a long way from singing about happiness and love to spreading awareness and tackling serious issues. I love them.

SAME. It felt like a deeper bond or connection was made. It shows their humanity; going beyond the goddesses and perfect image they are to some fans, and even how they're portrayed in the media. They are spreading awareness that this serious issue could affect anyone; even someone who supposedly should enjoy all the perks, love, fame and fortune that comes with the idol life.
Might I add that Twice having to perform without a member had made them closer than ever before. If they were like a family, now the bond is tighter and they value each other more. I can see them all showing more affection, and they were affectionate, it just beautiful to watch.

Twice, as Onces too, are looking forward to Mina being back, when the time is right, to perform again.

Well written and informative article, it does Twice justice, it's what they deserve.

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,420
Top Bottom