TWICE Nayeon has reportedly submitted a request to withdraw the restraining order filed against her foreign stalker

denizen mars

Lesbian Potato Goddess
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,250
Well, that guy is probably under quarantine rn, but he's still dangerous and they need to keep tabs on him so I'm not sure why they're withdrawing this

askingquestions

who what when where why Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,975
100% guaranteed that the stalker guy will think that this action of JYPE/nayeon withdrawing the restraining order is her "finally accepting his proposals"... that's how delusional that stalker is.
and seeing as how mentally ill he really is, I wouldn't be surprised if he does indeed proceed to travel to Korea, the moment the travel bans are lifted, and 'take his chances'... even with JYPE stating that the stalker will get arrested at the airport upon arrival won't stop him.

the way I see it, there are only 2 ways it can go
1) - the deranged stalker travels to Korea, gets arrested at the airport, then sent back home. nothing happens (money will bail him out)
- try again another time, and/or wait until twice travels outside of Korea, then he'll proceed to follow wherever they go..

or
2) stalker travels to Korea then somehow gets passed the immigration... then proceed to do whatever he plans to do until the authorities finally steps-in and arrests him. nothing happens (money will bail him out)...

the only way this stops is if this guy's parents cut him off, either be it financially or literally disown the creep. to which, unfortunately, won't seem to happen regardless of how messed up their son is.

peach

♡ Sweet Like Sugar Poison ♡ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭146,190
Well, I'm not sure if it's the right decision... he will just wait until Twice has a schedule outside of Korea and follows Nayeon there.

BlueNose

Not to say that Im in love with you VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,195,600
i dont think this shouldve happened
should've kept it on him for as long as humanly possible. but what's done is done and we can only hope for the best :peepoblanket:

BlessMeAchoo

Excuse My Charisma
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭201,500
They should have kept the restraining order so he can never step foot near her again. He's clearly deranged to start with so I wouldn't put it past him to see this as a chance to harass her again. She's being way too kind. I just hope she stays safe.

No.1

Idol Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭292,855
TWICE Nayeon has withdrawn the restraining order against the German man who has been stalking her. JYP Entertainment will continue to take intense measures.

A representative for JYP Entertainment said on the 18th, “Nayeon has withdrawn the restraining order against the stalker.”

Since last December, Nayeon has been threatened by the foreign stalker. Even after Nayeon requested police protection, the stalking did not cease. In January, JYP Entertainment filed a restraining order and pressed criminal charges against the stalker.

The agency clarified that the withdrawal of the restraining order did not mean they were going to stop pursuing legal action.

The representative said, “Due to issues with processing, we will withdraw the restraining for now even though it is a civil case. We will proceed with the restraining order once the stalker enters the country. We have not dropped the criminal charges that were filed against him for Interference with Business (Criminal Act Article 314). If the stalker arrives, the immigration office will contact the police and they will arrest him at Incheon International Airport.”

Whisky23

"Kind but not soft" Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,200
Pronouns
Stud/Studmuffin
So...they are withdrawing the restraining order for now "due to issues with processing". Any law students want to weigh in on what that means?

edit: From Soompi
The restraining order is a civil matter. We withdrew [the order] due to problems with its delivery, and we will proceed with it again when [the stalker] arrives in Korea. We did not withdraw the criminal complaint for Interference with Business that is currently under a stay of proceedings. Measures have been taken so that when the stalker arrives in Korea, the Immigration Service will contact the police department in charge and have him taken directly from the airport

IIANM, they withdrew the restraining order because they were unable to the deliver the orders to the stalker (seeing as he ran away with his tails between his legs). I assume that's the reason for the stay of proceedings for the criminal case as well. My guess is that he won't be stepping foot on Korean soil ever again, though I definitely foresee him continuing on with his sick obsessions outside of SK. Hope JYPE/WMJ pursue legal actions in Japan as well - that will cut his access off from Nayeon and Twice for a large part of their activities.

Last edited:

peach

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭146,190
So...they are withdrawing the restraining order for now "due to issues with processing". Any law students want to weigh in on what that means?

IIANM, they withdrew the restraining order because they were unable to the deliver the orders to the stalker (seeing as he ran away with his tails between his legs). I assume that's the reason for the stay of proceedings for the criminal case as well. My guess is that he won't be stepping foot on Korean soil ever again, though I definitely foresee him continuing on with his sick obsessions outside of SK. Hope JYPE/WMJ pursue legal actions in Japan as well - that will cut his access off from Nayeon and Twice for a large part of their activities.

He already said on instagram that he's planning his next stay in Korea, but he has to wait until Germany lifts it travel ban.
We can only hope that they arrest him then and bans him from entering Korea again.

Whisky23

"Kind but not soft" Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,200
Pronouns
Stud/Studmuffin
He already said on instagram that he's planning his next stay in Korea, but he has to wait until Germany lifts it travel ban.
We can only hope that they arrest him then and bans him from entering Korea again.
tbh, I don't really put much stock in what he says. He ran away from SK for a reason (he was going to get arrested and dragged to court), so him saying he's coming back to SK just to get arrested makes little sense. I think he enjoys trolling and riling up Onces, and it certainly doesn't help that his thrice fan club eggs him on. If he really is planning a trip to SK, then good - the civil and criminal cases against him can proceed, and the courts can administer a permanent restraining order and ban him from the country.

peach

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭146,190
tbh, I don't really put much stock in what he says. He ran away from SK for a reason (he was going to get arrested and dragged to court), so him saying he's coming back to SK just to get arrested makes little sense. I think he enjoys trolling and riling up Onces, and it certainly doesn't help that his thrice fan club eggs him on. If he really is planning a trip to SK, then good - the civil and criminal cases against him can proceed, and the courts can administer a permanent restraining order and ban him from the country.

Well, he's mentally unstable and tells himself that Nayeon needs him and can't live without him.
He sees no flaw in his behavior and stopped thinking rational a long time ago.
So yeah, I'm sure it's just a matter of time until he decided to travel back to Korea even if he risks to get arrested. Simply because he thinks what he does is the right thing.
We can only hope that his family wakes up and urges him to seek therapy.
He's lonely, desperate and mentally unstable and I'm just afraid he snaps one day.

lingyi

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭73,925

Not a lawyer, but my understanding is what was stated above. It's not fully in effect until he's served, though he could still be forced away or arrested and charged with the judge having to decide if he's guilty or not. Withdrawing it may make it easier to file for another one in the future that can be properly served.

As for filing in other countries, AFAIK, there aren't any global restraining orders. The violation (stalking) would have to occur and be proven in each country.

Finally, Restraining Orders aren't forever. They have a finite timespan and have to be renewed with proof that the threat still exists and continues. They also aren't a magic forceshield. The police have to be notified of the violation before any action can be taken.

My sister had to get several TROs against her son (don't want to go into details), but that didn't stop him from contacting her on the phone or in person. I know of a couple of times the police were called, but he was never arrested, just told to stay away.

Top Bottom