SALES TWICE's HAPPY HAPPY debuts in Oricon Charts

TWICE•MOMO

🍑#1 MOMO FANBOI🍑 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭501,845
I don't see why a Twice sales thread is being turned into a drama about another group...who I look around and can't see a single one of that groups stans in here? So why are we bringing them up?

On topic. I am happy to see some solid sales for today on Happy Happy considering all the content has been so packed together lately with Fancy You still being fairly fresh on most people wallet, new CBZ, concerts, Breakthrough in just a few days...given they both sadly have compromised fansigns too it's really good.

I would be super impressed if this went above about 220k in a week and if somehow Breakthrough was able to perform similar next week. That would be massive, not sure how realistic that is but would be mega impressive if it happen.

Sunny

Stream icy
Reaction score
⨭100,295
Let's not forget the keyword here: consistency. Amazing how they can maintain an insane amount of sales despite the influx of content they release to fans. It's a given that twice's fandom is 100% solid now.

Y

Yeddong

The only thing I'm going to say is that to have an absence of 1 year without singles in Japan, this is bad for me. I don't care what others say, or if they are happy to see these sales low, but the idea is that after 1 year without singles, supposedly the Japanese fandom had grown, dome tours, etc, sales should have at least improved a bit. Yes, double single and everything yall say, but the Japanese fandoms have the culture of consumerism, they are rich, they buy whatever they want, the amounts they want (even if Bodan releases a double single after 1 year they will also have an improvement in their sales). I don't like that sales are stagnant in the same number. Why do we always have to settle for 300k copies thanks to longevity? Why can't we search for 300k copies in 1 week, or 1 day, and in the end have a total of 400k-500k? This is the same as in Korea, when we thought that FANCY YOU was going to sell 400k but we got another album with 300k copies instead of having at least a small improvement. Do we have to rely on special editions (in Korea in the case of LANE 1) or repacks (in Japan in the case of BDZ) in order to have a boost in sales and be able to sell a little more? And no, I don't care if yall say that this is to raise our ego as fan, because yes, we as fans always want to improve with the passing of the years if we are supposedly supporting a group that is currently the most popular of all among the ggs. But hey, will we have to wait another year, in 2020, to have a 6th single (without double single) and make us "happy" for another 200k in 1 week and 300k with longevity? But yes, in the end they are the queens, Asia No.1 GG and everything we want.

I'm even surprised by Hinatazaka46's overhype, I thought they were going to sell another 600k copies of their 2nd single, but I see that the 600k copies of their 1st single was just because they had just separated from Keyakizaka46. I was disappointed because in the end I thought that their sales were going to triple those of TWICE.

pastelcake

JYP Nation Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭11,991
Let's not forget the keyword here: consistency. Amazing how they can maintain an insane amount of sales despite the influx of content they release to fans. It's a given that twice's fandom is 100% solid now.
This. very important to have consistency and longevity and Twice had both

sexy cutie

N.FIA / BABY / DEOBI / FOREVER / MYDAY / ONCE Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,376,100
This is the same as in Korea, when we thought that FANCY YOU was going to sell 400k but we got another album with 300k copies instead of having at least a small improvement. Do we have to rely on special editions (in Korea in the case of LANE 1) or repacks (in Japan in the case of BDZ) in order to have a boost in sales and be able to sell a little more?
I don't know which chart you're reading but we're obviously seeing different ones. Their best-selling album, What is Love (discounting TCL1 because it's a cheat), took around a year to reach 360k copies, while Fancy You took 3 months to do it. And seeing how it's getting high positions in weekly lately, I'd say we can see another 5k-10k this July. so if this isn't a "small" improvement for you, I wonder how high your standards are.

inb4 people talking about first month blah blah...you're really going to compare an album that had a whole month to get orders versus an album that only had 18 days? and yes, it matters. since you see the second month they sell 25k, which is pretty big even for Twice's standards.

"1 year without singles in Japan" you make it sound as if there wasn't a full album, a repack, season greetings and a compilation album in between all that. not to mention J-once also buy Korean content. Japan wasn't in drought in between that 1 year without singles. They're not established Japanese artists either (they're only a bit more than 2 years old in Japan) nor do they have GP buying their albums so idk where these high expectations come from. they're going to sell at least 400k in two weeks versus 250k last year. is that not a "small improvement" either?

Top Bottom