TXT vs SMNGG: Fandom Hypocrisy

SageWren

The Genre is BTS Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭553,095
It is well known that SM is set to debut a new GG this year and many people are excited about it, myself included. Yet as the date slowly approaches, I can't help but notice a double standard within fandoms responses to the news when compared to news from 2019 about a NBG.....

TXT is that rookie group (obviously lol), and their debut last year was highly anticipated seeing as they were the second group to debut from BigHit Labels, and everyone was interested in seeing what BTS's little brother group was gonna look/sound like. As the individual teasers were dropped the hype only increased and many people began speculating the various roles of the revealed members, yet there was also a large, much more negative response from others.

"How do you know you'll like them before you even hear what they sound like?" "People only care cause they like BTS/they are from BTS's company." "If they were from a different company, no one would give them the time of day" and my personal favorite "the only ones who care are armys/bh stans, they won't have their own fan base and they will never escape BTS's shadow."

Then TXT debuted, and the hate remained but with an inteteresting additive, TXT ARE THE FIRST GROUP I HAVE EVER SEEN TO BE FORCED TO ACKNOWLEDGE THEIR "PRIVILEGE" DUE TO BH.
Never have I seen a group from "the big 3" be so strongly reminded that they should be grateful, grateful to their company for anyone interest in them. Grateful, to BTS and their massive success and fanbase, cause apparently only company stan armys like them. Both of their albums have sold over 200k, making them the best selling rookies on an individual basis compared to any other groups from last year (not including x1 obvi), yet still there are many people who would like to remind them, and MOAs, that their (in antis words) success is a lie. Only armys buy their albums, and they have no actual fan support or industry interest/attention outside of being BH new boy group.

So in light of SMs plans for 2020 and fandoms response to the news I grew curious......
Where's the NGG witch hunt? The campaign dedicated to reminding these girls, that they should be grateful to SM and their privilege After all, the only reason anyone cares about them is cause they are related to SM right? I hope when they debut they make an official statement thanking GG, fx, and RV for all the attention they get, cause they are nothing without their brand. I hope others constantly remind them that only reveluvs support them, and that they have no sincere fan base/interest.......

I don't have these hopes, cause they are pointless and hateful. But the question is, why did TXT have to suffer it? What is the differnce between the two groups? Is it cause one is boys and the others girls? Is it cause big 3 stans feel threatened by BH anchoring themselves within the industry? Is it cause fans of other rookie groups were jealous of TXT's attention and the fact that they actually charted? Or is it cause they are from BH, and it's hard to hate on BTS cause their fanbase is so huge and dedicated, so it's better/EASIER to hate on their new rookies?

yerm

I can make the beat go! Graphics Lead Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,505,706
Pronouns
she/her
Uh maybe because we have actually heard SRG sing and seen them perform? Are we not allowed to like them for their talents that we've seen so far? Their music we've heard so far? I care about them because I like them for who they are. Not because they are linked to SM. It is wrong that TXT suffered from people saying they were only famous because of BTS. But let's not drag others into this?

itzy

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭204,385
Every big company groups go through this. ITZY went through it last year and the new SM girl group likely will as well.

Mina

ᴊᴜɴɢᴡᴏᴏ ʙᴇʏᴏɴᴄᴇ ᴏғ ᴋᴏʀᴇᴀ Shop Lead Awards
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭40,660
Pronouns
she/her
It's not a really big deal? People said the same thing about Itzy pre-debut.

SageWren

The Genre is BTS Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭553,095
Uh maybe because we have actually heard SRG sing and seen them perform? Are we not allowed to like them for their talents that we've seen so far? Their music we've heard so far? I care about them because I like them for who they are. Not because they are linked to SM. It is wrong that TXT suffered from people saying they were only famous because of BTS. But let's not drag others into this?
You are missing the point, the question is why was TXT made to acknowledge their privilege when no other group has?? Itzy didn't get nearly the same amount of hate and criticism. And how much have we really seen from the new gg to be sure of their "talent"? Other groups always get mentioned, things don't exist in a bubble. So is NCT successful due to Exo then? SKZ due to Twice? Why is hold against TXT but no one else?

Why have ppl continued to try to rub it in TXTs face that all their acheivments aren't self earned?

Last edited:

SageWren

The Genre is BTS Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭553,095
It's not a really big deal? People said the same thing about Itzy pre-debut.
Not to the same degree, and not nearly as wide spread. I think all double standards are a big deal, especially since TXT gets the most hate I've ever seen from a rookie group.

Enchanted

𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭50,785
Uhm I'm not an army or a BH stan and yet I stan TXT...

SageWren

The Genre is BTS Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭553,095
Uhm I'm not an army or a BH stan and yet I stan TXT...
According to antis you don't exist, which is one of the points of this thread. TXTs acheivements are undermined by their BH affiliation, compared to others who are propped up because of their company roots.

yerm

I can make the beat go! Graphics Lead Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,505,706
Pronouns
she/her
You are missing the point, the question is why was TXT made to acknowledge their privilege when no other group has?? Itzy didn't get nearly the same amount of hate and criticism. And how much have we really seen from the new gg to be sure of their "talent"? Other groups always get mentioned, things don't exist in a bubble. So is NCT successful due to Exo then? SKZ due to Twice? Why is hold against TXT but no one else?

Why have ppl continued to try to rub it in TXTs face that all their acheivments aren't self earned?

If I'm missing the point it's because it upsets me that you'd try and discredit them. I know TXT didn't deserve that. We all know it. No one is saying that they should have had to acknowledge their privilege while no one else does but... all those other groups do get that they are only successful because of their seniors. ITZY absolutely got the same level of "they're only successful because of TWICE".

Beefy

Billion Dollar Bitch
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,773,435
Pronouns
They/Them
It's because Army harassed Big 3 groups forever about "privilege"/"blindly stanning" and now they did the exact same thing (we know many have a hate boner for Army so). It's unfortunate and horrible that TxT are getting hate because of an entirely different group of people but yeah.

SageWren

The Genre is BTS Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭553,095
It's because Army harassed Big 3 groups forever about "privilege"/"blindly stanning" and now they did the exact same thing (we know many have a hate boner for Army so). It's unfortunate and horrible that TxT are getting hate because of an entirely different group of people but yeah.
Thank you for proving my point, TXT got hate trained cause other fandoms hate armys so they attacked a group with no correlation. Makes me wonder why armys get the generalizing statement of being toxic, when other fandoms act like this.

BlueNose

Not to say that Im in love with you VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,195,600
SM had a tv show, Micky Mouse Club, for the whole intent to show off their upcoming trainees. Several NCT members and smngg were all there... The rookies used to perform at SMtown concerts occasionally. SMngg have several members who sang osts for an animated show (shining star)... they have shown their talents and personalities a bit for a predebut group...

I don’t think it’s right for antis to say what they say about txt and they shouldn’t. But u don’t sound informed either about the other side. Maybe Itzy didn't get the same level of it as txt does, but they did get it​

Mina

ᴊᴜɴɢᴡᴏᴏ ʙᴇʏᴏɴᴄᴇ ᴏғ ᴋᴏʀᴇᴀ Shop Lead Awards
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭40,660
Pronouns
she/her
Not to the same degree, and not nearly as wide spread. I think all double standards are a big deal, especially since TXT gets the most hate I've ever seen from a rookie group.

I don't think it's necessary to compare the amount of hatred each group gets; because let's face it, they all get hate. I think it's pretty clear that you seem to have a theory as to why TxT got so much hate, which makes me think the point of this thread was to throw shade at SMNGG and SM stans.

SageWren

The Genre is BTS Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭553,095
If I'm missing the point it's because it upsets me that you'd try and discredit them. I know TXT didn't deserve that. We all know it. No one is saying that they should have had to acknowledge their privilege while no one else does but... all those other groups do get that they are only successful because of their seniors. ITZY absolutely got the same level of "they're only successful because of TWICE".
Yes, and how many people
SM had a tv show, Micky Mouse Club, for the whole intent to show off their upcoming trainees. Several NCT members and smngg were all there... The rookies used to perform at SMtown concerts occasionally. SMngg have several members who sang osts for an animated show (shining star)... they have shown their talents and personalities a bit for a predebut group...

I don’t think it’s right for antis to say what they say about txt and they shouldn’t. But u don’t sound informed either about the other side. Maybe Itzy didn't get the same level of it as txt does, but they did get it​
Yes they did, and how many people never watched that until after debut? Or have never watched in general? How many people only paid attention due to the SM name? I am not saying that it's a bad thing for groups to get attention due to their labels, its only natural.

Every group in kpop gets hate, thats obvious. But the VOLUME of hate TXT got was disproportionate to that recieved by others, and I'm asking why that is. It probably rhythms with MigBit Labels lol

Icy

Yuta
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,411,900
i got the impression from armies when i was an army that sm was the big bad wolf and that bts were "victims" of the industry and that privilege was a crime against humanity
its not txt's fault and armies claiming all they want is for the big three groups to "acknowledge their privilige" and that armies never claimed txt wern't privilige and whatecer
armies made a point that bts's sucess was a triumph against the corruption of the industry so i would say people are confused about how armies are so cool with the fact one of the major reasons txt is sucessful is because of bts, when that sort of thing was something armies seemed to be so against
its is also implied by this armies never actually caring about justice but just about bts getting popular

SageWren

The Genre is BTS Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭553,095
I don't think it's necessary to compare the amount of hatred each group gets; because let's face it, they all get hate. I think it's pretty clear that you seem to have a theory as to why TxT got so much hate, which makes me think the point of this thread was to throw shade at SMNGG and SM stans.
Go off i guess, the goal of this thread was definitely to piss of sm stans (insert clown face here).

By your logic, a single mean comment on YouTube is the same as a top trending hate hashtag.

Grape Soda

SKZ Simp 🍇🍇🍇 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,180,125
You said it yourself so idk why you dont get it.
They are the first to debut after Bts, there's obviously gonna be that "youre only famous because of them" especially with BTS not really starting off with that push.
SM has had how many groups now? They are a large company known for creating some of the industry's biggest groups to the point there are certain expectations set for these groups and if they dont meet them they then get dragged.
You whining about why a group isnt getting hate like your bias is kinda pathetic hun.

SageWren

The Genre is BTS Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭553,095
You said it yourself so idk why you dont get it.
They are the first to debut after Bts, there's obviously gonna be that "youre only famous because of them" especially with BTS not really starting off with that push.
SM has had how many groups now? They are a large company known for creating some of the industry's biggest groups to the point there are certain expectations set for these groups and if they dont meet them they then get dragged.
You whining about why a group isnt getting hate like your bias is kinda pathetic hun.
Its kinda pathetic hun that that was your take away message, since I clearly stated I didn't want SMNGG recieve the kinda hate TXT did, but instead wanted to point out fandom double standards (as you can read in the OP) But it's okay if people hate BH groups as long as people don't question it right;)?

Y

Yeddong

"How do you know you'll like them before you even hear what they sound like?" "People only care cause they like BTS/they are from BTS's company." "If they were from a different company, no one would give them the time of day"

First I must say that this is absurd. I have always thought that such comments towards people who are in a group before their debut is stupid. People are free to choose what they want, whether before or after, I have done it many times in the BIG 3 groups and so far none disappoints me in their debut.

Where's the NGG witch hunt? The campaign dedicated to reminding these girls, that they should be grateful to SM and their privilege After all, the only reason anyone cares about them is cause they are related to SM right?

In this I totally disagree with you. Why should they do it? SM has debuted multiple groups, why do the new girls have to say that? RV debuted thanks to the success of SNSD and f(x), and f(x) and SNSD debuted thanks to the success of S.E.S. All new groups debut thanks to their seniors, the point is that these new groups hit big in future years, and so far, TXT has not attracted attention for themselves in Korea (I say "in Korea" because it looks like in Japan they did gain attention for their last song).

Is it cause big 3 stans feel threatened by BH anchoring themselves within the industry?

Lmao, no.

Or is it cause they are from BH, and it's hard to hate on BTS cause their fanbase is so huge and dedicated, so it's better/EASIER to hate on their new rookies?

I don't know if you haven't noticed, but you are doing the same as what you are pointing here. You are prejudging the BIG 3 groups. Do you forget that BTS stans threw hate at Stray Kids because they were called rapper wannabes and trashy songs? The new BIG 3 groups have always received hatred from people, I don't know why you have to talk as if TXT are the only ones who get that hatred.

Top Bottom