OTHER UN: A House Targaryen Fanfiction / Installment #11 Sink or Swim

Aquamaraqua

Jinyoung's Wife
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭970,145
dragon_divider_by_penstress-dcssfov.png

Jieqiong was stunned at the photo she received via text early in the morning. She was still in bed in her dorm room, later than usual as classes were to continue the following week. Jieqiong felt the need to rub her eyes furiously with her fingers, as if to alter the image she had in front of her. But the image remained as it was, glowing as lightrays from the sun seeped into her room, as if to mock her. She had been cheated on. There was no doubt about that.

~

After the nitrogen campaign rally, students flooded the dining hall, their starving stomachs rushing them to their seats.

Yuqi was seated next to Nana, with Hani and Doyeon sitting across from her. Hani was loudly slurping on her kimchi stew, with Yuqi’s face of disgust amusing Doyeon. “Hani I think you’re being too delicate, you should let yourself wild while you eat,” Doyeon teased. Hani looked over at Doyeon, gave her an evil little grin, and started to chew even louder, “man this is delicious. I’m gonna need to thank the chef for gracing me with this.” Yuqi rolled her eyes and looked over at Nana, “I’m done, I’ll meet you in our room.”

Nana quickly swallowed her last piece of egg before grabbing Yuqi’s arm, “wait! I thought we could do a little s’mores roasting session at the end of the night. We’re gonna have midterms soon, so what better time to relax than now?”

Nana’s giddy face was somehow infectious to Yuqi. The blonde had excitedly planned out a plethora of activities the girls could do together to get some quality “bonding time” in. While Yuqi wasn’t all that interested in making new friends aside from the exchange-students circle, which kept her more than satisfied, she didn’t want Nana to feel disappointed, so she went along with said plan.

Outside the residence hall, near the beach’s outer fence, the girls set up a small fire and Nana brought the s’mores supplies. “Chocolate: check. Marshmallows: roger. Graham crackers: beep boop we got em.”

Hani excitedly took the ingredients and started making her version of s’mores, “I’m not really a marshmallow fan, but if they’re good toasted I’ll give it a shot.”

Doyeon and Yuqi were silently sitting next to each other on a log, hoping someone else would interrupt the awkward air between the two.

Doyeon cleared her throat and said, “yknow, I guess Yuqi we’ve all been curious, how’s it like being a junior now? Have you gotten to ride any of the dragons yet?”

Yuqi winced at the thought. Not this again.

Before Yuqi could comment though, Nana brought over a few skewers, “here ya go, get cookin’!”

The girls each took a few marshmallows and did as told. Yuqi’s pupils reflected the dancing flames, her eyes stared at her marshmallow’s metamorphosis, going from a pale white to a golden, crisp brown.

“I can’t ride dragons because of my bones. They’re weak. I’ve got a rare case of osteoporosis,” the auburn haired girl blurted out.

~

☁ Listen as you read ☁

In the past when boyfriends would displease Jieqiong, she would usually go the route of some sort of revenge. She had dumped eggs and flour from her window on one of her highschool sweethearts after he was caught using her for her money, while another had his vehicle’s upholstery all tattered once Jieqiong realized he was two-timing on her with an ex-friend. Jieqiong was infuriated. Perhaps moreso at herself than at Mark himself. She should’ve seen the red flags from the beginning and read them like they were meant to be read. Escalation of his advances coming on too strong. Nearly never nervous around her. Jieqiong sighed to herself, wiping away the oncoming tears. She needed to get out of her dorm room if she was going to distract herself.

Jieqiong bought herself a lemonade can from a vending machine before heading to the college swimming area in the arts building. She needed to release her mind from the tension in her head, chugging down the lemonade as she power walked through the hall. Jieqiong’s eyes were so laser focused on the swimming entrance, that she didn’t even realize her shoulder had bumped into a tall male figure.

~

“It was at 8:32PM today, on April 23rd, that 22 year old student Kim Minkyung was found dead in a bathroom at the University of Neyragrat campus. It was a fellow student who found her in a stall, who stated that the sight was ‘a horrific shock’ and she feels ‘only guilt for not finding Mikyung earlier to help prevent the attack’. Officials say that the cause of death was due to a loss of blood as well as an unusually high amount of silver exposure in the victim’s bloodstream. The suspect is still being identified as no CCTV footage has been found to contain any clues regarding the assault. University administrators say that it is with great urgency they will resolve this issue, and in the meantime, classes will resume after the campus’s volunteer field trip period ends. This has been Kim Bohyung reporting to you with CBC News.”

~

Despite the pleas of parents, classes were still resuming, as midterms were shortly approaching, and the school administrators felt confident in wrapping up the issue as it had started. Bad press was already beginning to shed mockery in the inner circles of the education sphere toward UN.

The whispers and rumours were floating everywhere, like a dark cloud that suffocated the atmosphere, unwilling to let go of its victim. The school wasn’t somber however, it was in fact, more alive than ever. Theories were running wild, the journalism department went nuts about every detail they could cover, and bathrooms were safe-guarded with security that rivaled that of A-list celebrities.

Jieqiong, among other students, was startled, but she felt little fear in her being a victim. For what reason, she had no idea. In fact, she wasn’t really known to be the fearless type. But her gut feeling somehow released her of the stress of being murdered in the middle of an unruly bathroom. Her mind perhaps was still processing her silent breakup. She had encountered Mark earlier that day, who had tried approaching her with the topic of Minkyung’s death, but Jieqiong ignored him, and continued to go through the motions of her classes. It wasn’t until she was headed toward the roof, “to get some fresh air” she told herself, that she realized how truly numb she was feeling.

The day was quite chilly for a mid-spring day in Long Island, she wasn’t wearing many layers, in fact just a thin periwinkle blouse made of cotton. It was as though the wind never permeated her body, as her mind had already formed a sturdy shield. Without realizing it, Jieqiong was already on the edge of the roof, her eyes however still pointed toward the setting sun. Her feet were planted firmly, but she still felt the platform's edge through her thin flat shoes. It was when she felt a sudden push behind her that she became startled. She felt her body losing its balance, ultimately caving into gravity’s silent sonata: pulling her thin frame off the ledge, and into the open air.

- END -

ddwlqzg-515586ef-05f2-4e1a-a33e-207651142252.png

ddwl7il-8a86ea9d-7918-4d37-b926-18699655ad86.png

Last edited:

sm maid

Global Star Administrator Events VIP+ Eighth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭60,904
Pronouns
She/Her
Why is doyeon killing jieqiong??​

Jieqiong’s eyes were so laser focused on the swimming entrance, that she didn’t even realize her shoulder had bumped into a tall male figure.

i cant believe yohan killed her for bumping on him

Top Bottom