OTHER UN: A House Targaryen Fanfiction / Installment #12 Just Another Girl

Aquamaraqua

Jinyoung's Wife
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭970,145
dragon_divider_by_penstress-dcssfov.png

°Ƹ Listen as you read Ʒ°

Jieqiong felt her body accelerate downwards, her hair flying in the wind, her limbs moving around aimlessly. Her high pitched scream seemed to be drowned out by the commotion in the school.

Midway of Jieqiong’s descendence, she felt her body hang in the air. Her eyes, shut before, were now wide open, her mouth gasping for air. Her hand had been enveloped by someone’s much larger, warmer hand. Jieqiong looked up, her eyes flooded with the figure of a male student perched atop a scaly blue dragon, the student’s eyes looking at her with curiosity, but also a hint of amusement. Jieqiong’s heart was beating a mile a minute. She couldn’t believe that she had just escaped the wrath of death. The boy she had her eyes fixated on dragged her up atop the dragon’s back right behind him, Jieqiong’s frightened expression slowly becoming relaxed.

“I assume you’re a lower classman, seeing as how you don’t know how to fasten your belt,” the student told her, his head turning back to face the main building as he did so. He then patted the dragon on the head, “It’s okay Julis, she’s just here to visit.” The dragon let out a small growl, but continued to flap its wings in place.

Jieqiong caught her breath, then whispered, “thanks... And yeah, I’m a freshman.”

The male student looked back at Jieqiong and stated, “well, if you’ll excuse me, we can’t just stay here forever,” and with that he quickly fastened a belt around Jieqiong’s waist. The two belts on the dragon that connected down to Julis’s torso functioned as a safety contraption.

Jieqiong stiffened at his contact, her breathing also still recovering from the fall.

“I’m Byunchan by the way. Anyway, Julis, let’s go,” exclaimed the student, before pausing and turning back to Jieqiong and asking, “what were you doing on the edge of that roof for? You’re lucky I was flying after rehearsal practice.”

Jieqiong stuttered, “I-I don’t know what happened. I felt like someone pushed me off the ledge.”

With that the student’s face washed over with concern, “let’s check out the roof, come on Julis.”

As the dragon started rising in elevation, Jieqiong became startled, and as she wasn’t too trusting of the belts, she immediately grabbed onto the male student’s shirt by his waist.

I hate doing this, but it was a close call and I am not about to fall again.

The male student didn’t seem to be very bothered by the contact, focused on the surface of the roof, which seemed to be empty, with the staircase door open.

~

Nana was seated at the journalism conference room, feeling as though she had been experiencing an out-of-body experience the past few hours. She sat silently as her peers typed away at their computers, she observed their cynical excitement with utmost disengagement. Sure, there was a story she was extremely interested in now, the obvious elephant everyone acknowledged in the room: a death of a fellow student. Yet it seemed as though with her peers' prodding of the victim’s family, their stalking of police, and their following of professional journalists, the very essence of justice had escaped their minds. With a hampered mood, Nana left the room and walked toward the dorm room. At first her pace was slow, but then her mind lit up with an idea that caused her to walk faster, her hand reaching her cardigan pocket for her phone.

~

Minki rushed over to Eunbi, who was hunched over with a circle of students surrounding her in the music room. Word had somehow gone out that she was the one who found Minkyung’s body in the bathroom. Some students came to her out of curiosity, others to console her, Minki, although knowing that the two couldn’t be any more than friends, still felt the need to be by her side.

His steps slowed down as he realized the mass around her. Did she even need him at this point? He wasn’t too sure. Regardless, he planted a letter near the grand piano she usually would sit at and left the room. As he was about to turn to the right to exit the room, someone tapped him on the shoulder.

Minki turned around to face Yeri. She was holding a lollipop in her hand, which she extended out to the boy.

Minki gave Yeri a small smile, before taking the candy from her, “thanks, Yeri. It’s really nice of you to be such a great friend through times like this when everyone is so chaotic.”

Yeri gave him a small nod, the two were now stepping out the room with a similar rhythm in their steps.

“It’s whatever. People get riled up at the most weird things. They should’ve just not showed up for class if they’re that scared.”

Minki gave Yeri a small laugh, “you’re so brave. I admire that.”

Yeri blushed and looked away. The young girl feigned a sense of security with her demeanor, but inside she too felt like there could be a victim at the very next corner. And that victim might be her.

~

• Listen as you read •

Yuqi looked at the girls surrounding her in the middle of the library’s 2nd floor table. Nana what are you forcing me to take part in. Yuqi was still recovering from her confession at the volunteer trip, and now she had to once again be in the presence of the girls who had heard her jabbering that night.

Nana gave the group of girls a wry smile. Seated around the circular wooden table were Pinky, Hani, Yuqi and Doyeon.

“You guys have all heard what’s been going on in the school right? As a journalism major I thought it would actually be interesting to help Minkyung’s family move on after they find the perpetrator… but that’s going to be kind of impossible with the way the journalism department is being run right now. They care way too much about the gossip aspect than about the ethos,” she stated, with Yuqi about to put a word in, but Nana continued, “So, I thought, what better way than to have you guys, my dearest, talented friends, help me with the case?”

The girls discussed how Nana’s plan would actually work, and what purpose they would have in her sleuthing. Hani seemed to be up for everything, but Yuqi and Doyeon were more reluctant. Why did they have to be a part of this? It seemed dangerous considering all the rumors that were floating around. Surely the police could solve this on their own, what could a bunch of inexperienced girls from a private institute even do? Pinky was also on the fence, after having faced a near-death experience.

With the back and forth bickering between the girls, Hani sighed, an itch starting to form around her ears. It wasn’t going away with her scratching, however. The itch seemed to serve another purpose aside from physical unrest. The itch had manifested a heavy feeling in Hani’s body. A feeling that told her that she and her friends were being watched.

- END -

Writer's note:

Updated Character Map

ddwqrym-5ae3598d-0975-4fae-a413-72c550c79867.png

ddwl7il-8a86ea9d-7918-4d37-b926-18699655ad86.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom