Aquamaraqua

Jinyoung's Wife
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭970,145
dragon_divider_by_penstress-dcssfov.png

🎭 Listen as you read 🎭

4 Days Before Minkyung’s Death

Siyeon could hear her mother yell at her father in the office room, the sounds were muffled as the mansion’s rooms were so large, but the voices were heard nonetheless. Siyeon brought her ear up to the wooden double doors.

“...we can’t do this forever. They’ve already… and now someone could die!” she heard her father say. Her breath caught for a split second, her hands now shaking.

“...I know, but this…” the sounds became too soft as she heard the clicking of her mother’s stilettos move farther away.

Observing Siyeon from far away was Yeri, who stood in the shadows in the hall, her eyes closing in on Siyeon’s figure.

~

Present

Hani breathed a deep breath, before turning around, to reassure herself that no one was behind them. Hani was startled, and had a visceral physical reaction as she gazed into the eyes of a student with pale skin, dark hair, and piercing eyes staring at her.

Nana was in the middle of telling the girls what tools they would need for sleuthing, when the dark haired girl spoke up, “you guys must be out of your minds talking about this here.”

Nana looked up to see the source of the voice, and raised an eyebrow in confusion. “What do you mean?”

The girl huffed, “You’ve got no idea about how dangerous this place is, do you? I’ve been following you for a while now, since I saw you leave the journalism department.” Before continuing, the girl leaned into the table, her arm between Yuqi and Doyeon, her eyes peering into Nana’s.

“It’s not safe to talk about how you’d solve this here,” she whispered, before shifting her focus onto the rest of the crew’s bewildered faces.

“Follow me.”

After a bit of back and forth, the student finally convinced the girls to get up. A look of pure fear on some of their faces. Nana crossed her arms but continued to walk behind the bold girl. Hani cleared her throat and asked, “so what’s your name anyway? And why should we trust you?”

“Krystal Jung. Chemistry major. Senior. I’ll explain the rest once we get off campus.”

“Off campus!?” declared Doyeon, “I have class in an hour!”

Krystal looked back at Doyeon, with an unphased haze over her eyes, “tough luck. I’ve got a car so I’ll try my best, I’m not making any promises though.”

~

Yohan just left his dragon biology class and let out a sigh of relief. There had been a recent change of professors for the course, as the previous professor had to bow out due to personal reasons. Yohan found himself to be surprisingly fond of the new professor, Dr. Lee. The professor was less strict, had a sense of humour, and would even crack a few jokes of his own playing off of Yohan’s deviant spirit.

Yohan smiled to himself, thinking that maybe he could truly get through this semester without throwing a fit against his parents. As he walked through the halls to the arts building, the boy took out his phone and started to text Doyeon. He realized midway that she had just brushed past him without noticing. Doyeon was following a group of girls out the campus.

Yohan pouted before giving himself an evil grin, and speed walked toward Doyeon. He lightly pulled her arm and spoke, loud enough for the other girls to hear, “where’s my cute little frog going today?”

Doyeon turned around and fumed as a scowl appeared on her face. She reprimanded the boy with a fake air punch before whispering, “shut it. I’m in the middle of something for a… for a project.”

Hani snickered in the background, “oh so you guys are together again? Thanks for keeping me in check, best friend.”

Doyeon’s eyes narrowed before she turned back to Yohan, however, she was interrupted by Krystal before she could speak.

“We’ve got no time. Hurry-” Krystal’s thoughts were derailed as she noticed Yohan’s familiar face.

“Wait a minute! You’re that kid that knows nearly everyone and their dragons in this school right? The one that got elected as SGO president as a gag?” Krystal scoffed midway, “yknow, you’d be handy. You should come with us.”

Yohan pulled out a piece of gum from his back pocket, popped it into his mouth, and then asked, “so where are we going?” his hand now sliding onto Doyeon’s shoulders.

Jieqiong and Yuqi awkwardly held in their breath as the exchange continued.

“Nowhere with you!” Doyeon exclaimed, with almost a child-like fervor, as she swatted his hands away.

Hani rolled her eyes, “Doyeon we promise not to gag at the two of you if he comes with.”

Nana nodded, “we’re going to need all the help we can get. And if, she,” pausing to give a small glare toward Krystal, “says he’ll be useful, we might as well have him join us.”

Yohan gave Doyeon a cheeky, aegyo-filled reply, “it’s not my fault I’m so popular my froggy woggy” before planting a small kiss on her cheek. Doyeon blushed, but still softly pushed away the boy.

Yuqi laughed with second-hand embarrassment, while Jieqiong just stood quietly, still unsure of how exactly Krystal and Nana’s plans were going to work.

~
/ Listen as you read /

3 Days Before Minkyung’s Death

Siyeon and Yeri’s stay at their parents’ mansion was riddled with awkward interactions between the children and parents. The house staff was on vacation, so there was a growing disorder within various locations in the residence.

Siyeon was getting more curious about what she had heard the day prior. What did her parents have to do with someone’s oncoming death?

At dinnertime, her parents put up a facade of control, but it was clear that across the large dining table, there was a darkness within her parents’ conduct.

Yeri was growing suspicious of Siyeon’s prodding around, and decided she needed to confront her when the time was right.

After dinner, Siyeon went sleuthing around in the couple’s library office, where they would often quarrel these days about god knows what. To get into the office, she needed to retrieve its key though, as her parents forbid anyone, even their butler who worked there for over twenty years, to enter that room.

Siyeon followed her parents into their bedroom floor, her steps tip-toeing in the dark. Her parents closed their suite’s room door, and she then hurriedly checked in every drawer she could find on that floor. Before she could grab open the knob of the drawer on the east wing of the floor, a dark figure bumped into her, causing Siyeon to fall down. Siyeon looked up, holding in her breath, hoping her parents didn’t hear her fall.

The figure turned out to be Yeri, her face smirking as she held up a shiny silver ring with a small object on its end. The key.

“Looking for this, yeah?”

Siyeon whispered furiously, “how did you know? And where did you find it?!”

Siyeon now stood upright, fuming that her snooping was uncovered.

“You’re too predictable hag. And mom and dad told me where the ring was because I am their favorite child, don’t ya know?” Yeri whispered back, giving Siyeon a small sarcastic laugh.

Siyeon rolled her eyes, “be serious troll. There is some shady stuff going on.”

Yeri now tip-toed downstairs to the guest room, with Siyeon now following her. “No duh. And you’ve got to be more observant, that’s all. I found it in one of their old books in the guest room.” she said, pointing at the bookshelf that looked like it hadn’t been touched in years, aside from their maid’s bi-monthly cleaning.

The girls proceeded to enter the library office room, after Yeri painstakingly slowly turned the key in the hole.

Yeri started looking through books on the shelves, assuming something could be slipped between some of them. Siyeon on the other hand, was checking in compartments around the room. After a few minutes of rummaging around the office room, Siyeon held a small file that she found lying inside a small side-table. After a few minutes of intense reading, her eyes widened in shock.

- END -

ddwqrym-5ae3598d-0975-4fae-a413-72c550c79867.png

ddwl7il-8a86ea9d-7918-4d37-b926-18699655ad86.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom