OTHER UN: A House Targaryen Fanfiction / Installment #4 Asphyxiation

Aquamaraqua

Jinyoung's Wife
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭970,145
dragons-divider.png

Installment #4

A girl with bright red hair was walking down the foreign exchange students’ hall and spoke into her phone in a pensive voice, “I’ll think about it ma” in Mandarin. As she opened her dorm door she noticed two girls in her room: one with bright blonde hair and another tall girl with dark hair.

“Uh, I thought this room was supposed to be mine?” the girl inquired.

“Oh hey!” a bright smile appeared on the blonde girl, “you must be my roommate, I’m Nana from Iceland. This is Doyeon, she’s just here to visit.”

The auburn haired student was puzzled with the sudden “intruders”, and lightly shook Nana’s extended hand.

“I’m Yuqi… I thought this room would be mine, but, I guess I can deal with a roommate,” Yuqi exclaimed as she shrugged, and then went onto sit on the king sized bed adorned with black blankets with silver borders.

Song Yuqi was an exchange student from Malaysia, who specialized in archaeology. Coming from an affluent background, much of UN’s grandiose environment did not seem to stun her. She simply was there to get work done.

Doyeon observed Yuqi quietly and didn’t see the need for her to stay any longer. “I’ll be going now Nana, nice to meet you.. Er, Yuqi. Goodbye.”

With that Doyeon left and Nana felt a bit taken aback at Doyeon’s abrupt attitude, then regained her focus on Yuqi.

“So Yuqi, you must be the new exchange student that was supposed to be here earlier this week. So glad to not be alone anymore. What’s your major?”

“Oh yeah, I was on a holiday which is why I wasn't here then. And, I’m an archaeology major,” Yuqi replied, with a small smile. “I like your hair by the way, are you naturally blonde?”

Nana nervously chuckled, “oh this ol’ thing? Nah, I’m naturally a brunette but I’ve dyed my hair since I like it better this way. Also, archaeology sounds dope. I’m assuming you’re also in year 2?”

Yuqi raised an eyebrow, “nope… I’m a third year.” With a chuckle she stated, “kind of weird how they paired the two of us together, to be honest.”

Nana didn’t really know what else to say, so she changed the subject to something more mundane, or so she thought, anyway. “So how long until you take your first dragon training exam? I heard it’s the third years that get to even ride the dragons in the spring!”

Yuqi looked down, with a sullen look on her face. “Oh yeah… that… yeah we do that.”

Nana realized she fucked up, somehow. She tried to change the subject again but Yuqi already left the dorm room.

“I need to get some fresh air. Sorry.”

~

Doyeon didn’t really know what to think about the whole exchange between her and Yohan earlier that day. Was he really trying to turn back things like they were supposed to be? Or was he just playing another stupid practical joke on her. She didn’t know, and frankly, at this point, she didn’t want to know. Whatever was between them since high school was now gone, and she didn’t want to unearth any other monsters.

“HEY BOZO! LOOK WHERE YOU’RE GOING!” a loud voice shrieked across the hallway.

Doyeon looked up only to almost bump head-first into a senior student. She bowed and quickly apologized before turning her head toward the familiar voice.

A short girl with light brown hair, circular glasses and a goofy smile approached Doyeon and gave her a pat on the back, “you thinking about your harem again huh?” she teased.

Doyeon gave the girl a small chuckle before giving her a soft punch on the shoulder, “what harem, pfft.”

“Oh you know, you got Minki, Lucas, Byungchan, Yoha-” before the shorter girl could finish, she realized a name she shouldn’t have said slipped her tongue.

“Hani…,” Doyeon gave the girl a look that was intense, yet also riddled with vulnerability.

“Oh heh… sorry sorry sorry, you know I’m just playing around.”

Hani was a second year student who was street smart and book smart, yet also incredibly obtuse at times. As one of the few girls in her major, one would assume she’d get attention from her male peers. But due to her ditzy nature and lazy dress-code, she was just “one of the guys”.

Doyeon sighed, then let out a small smile before looking back at her friend, “hey, are you going to the spring serenade with anyone this year? I heard this year they’re also letting 2nd years go.”

Hani looked back up at Doyeon and playfully nodded, “yeah, I’m going, just pass me down a boy from your harem and we’ll be all good to go.”

Doyeon gave the girl a soft punch before sticking her tongue out, “bish I’m telling you I have no harem! They’re just classmates.”

“Uh-huh.. Suuuureeee I totally believe you were not fantasizing about making out with any of them.” Hani retorted back, sticking out her tongue cheekily.

“SHUT IT!”

~

As Yuqi hurriedly got into the elevator, she let out a long, deep breath. I can’t believe it. Why am I even SGO president if I can’t even ride dragons? I fucking hate everything.

Just as the elevator door was about to close, a blonde girl entered.

Lee Siyeon. Fuck.

- END -

Writer's note:

Updated character map

ddwgalt-26bfa843-cad5-4f7e-8252-db0924aab336.png

Last edited:

ZikyungDerp

Khaleesi of House Targaryen Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭537,060
Nana nervously chuckled, “oh this ol’ thing? Nah, I’m naturally a brunette but I’ve dyed my hair since I like it better this way. Also, archaeology sounds dope. I’m assuming you’re also in year 2?”
NOT AT ME BEING EXPOSED AS A FAKE BLONDE IN FANFICTION TOO
tumblr_o51i2bWUf11s6piteo2_400.gif

I'm loving this story so much so far alskdjfslsldkfj

Top Bottom