OTHER UN: A House Targaryen Fanfiction / Installment #5 Into the Red

Aquamaraqua

Jinyoung's Wife
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭970,145
dragons-divider.png

✧ Listen as you read ✧

Yuqi and Siyeon’s ride up the elevator was in complete silence. Once the elevator doors opened, both of the girls stepped out and climbed the stairs to the rooftop. Siyeon was annoyed at the fact that her alone time was disturbed by no one other than Yuqi. Her competitor who cheated her way into the elections last fall to become president of the campus’s Student Government Organization (SGO). Rather than settling for vice president or even treasurer, Siyeon’s anger simply overrided her passion for invigorating the school and she bowed out of the competition entirely.

Yuqi and Siyeon made their separate ways to the opposite sides of the rooftop. Two green dragons could be heard flapping their wings above them, but the two looked out into the east and west courtyards absentmindedly instead.

“You know I didn’t cheat right?,” proclaimed Yuqi, loud enough for Siyeon to hear, but still not facing her.

Siyeon looked back at Yuqi, her hair, which was in a low ponytail, now becoming loose due to the wind and the dragon wings’ force.

“And you expect me to believe that?,” Siyeon scoffed before walking over to Yuqi. “I thought we were friends so it didn’t matter who came in first. A whole year and a half I trusted you, even when my-” Siyeon stopped herself mid sentence. “Anyway, I want to believe you didn’t do it, but the evidence was put out there already for me.”

Yuqi’s eyes watered. Everything about today was utter crap. It seemed that all the compounding issues in her life were rolling into one and nothing could save her from the feeling of her heart being run over.

Siyeon’s look softened, and she proceeded to put a hand on Yuqi’s shoulder, “I’m kind of over it now so it doesn’t matter.”

Yuqi whipped her body now to face Siyeon. She shut her eyes, then looked at the ground, and screamed, “IT WASN’T ME. I DON’T KNOW WHO DID IT. BUT IT WASN’T ME SIYEON!”

~

“All students report to the training fields at 10AM” blasted loudspeakers all over the college campus. Students rushed out of all the buildings and filed in their year’s designated lines.

“Hey Yohan, ya ready to conquer em dragons?” asked a female student with short, orange hair.

“Eh, we’ll see if I flop at this too. As if learning about how these things make babies wasn’t enough,” Yohan joked.

UN was a fairly large school, with about 1,500 students per year, making days where dragon training had to occur all the more frantic. Even after 10 years of being an established university, this was the one particular kink college administrators were still trying to figure out. Dragon training took all day, and if you spread it out each week for different grades, it took too long. But if you had all students come together in one day, it was too packed even for the large football-field sized training grounds, considering dragons were in the mix. Plus the dragons seemed to be alarmed at the amount of students that came out into the fields at once.

This year training grounds were split into three sections: first years would practice indoors in the large greenhouses that housed baby dragons. Second and third years would be in the main training fields. And fourth years, the ones that showed up anyway, would get extra credit working as assistant trainers for the second and third year students.

Siyeon and her group were paired with a trainer that Siyeon found to be annoyingly drop-dead gorgeous. She was known all over the campus for her incredible talent as she could play multiple instruments and even dabbled in painting. To top it all off, she was an ace student and was secretary in SGO. In other words, she was perfect. Kwon Eunbi. One of the few students that came from a relatively lower class background, but due to her skills that could impress even Juilliard professors, she was granted a scholarship at Neyragrat.

Eunbi smiled at the circle of underclassmen surrounding her, some of them clearly ogling at her beauty, others too quiet to speak.

“Okay guys. Now second years have it the hardest because you guys go from baby dragons to full blown behemoths, but I promise you they’re really friendly! You just need to create a language with the dragon you’re paired up with and it becomes second nature.”

The crowd around Eunbi was entranced, but Siyeon wasn’t as impressed. She didn’t want to admit it, but she was jealous of how Eunbi was so well-liked, while maintaining her individuality. Siyeon rarely trusted people, and even when she did, they somehow ended up hurting her. Siyeon thought about Yuqi’s words the day prior. How Yuqi had cried about the situation with the SGO presidency. Maybe she was telling the truth… but who else would want Yuqi to be president to the point of rigging her win in the ballots? Siyeon sighed and tried to regain focus as a large red dragon suddenly made its way on the landing podium.

“This is Ella! She’s got two young kids, so she’s pretty gentle. Who wants to give her a pat?” asked Eunbi, excitedly.

“I’ll go” a soft male voice proclaimed. Siyeon looked back to see who was talking, and she recognized it was the same guy that knocked on the multipurpose room earlier the previous week. What was it… Minsoo? Min-

Her thoughts were interrupted by Eunbi’s voice, “lovely! What’s your name by the way?”

“I’m Choi Minki. Pleased to meet you,” he said, as he extended his hand.

What the hell. Who even says that. “PlEasEd tO meEt yOu” she mumbled mockingly.

~

Minki’s long black hair brushed his shoulders as he made his way into the music room. His group film project focused on talented students, and he just had to get to know Kwon Eunbi better. Her grace, her poise as she lifted her gentle fingers to play each piano key, her overall presence simply spoke to him no else had before. Minki knocked on the music room’s door before entering.

“Sorry to interrupt, I just couldn’t help but follow the beautiful notes in the air down the hall all the way here,” he proclaimed, with glittering eyes as he took in Eunbi’s astounding beauty. She was wearing a long light blue chiffon dress with floral prints. Her wrists were delicately embellished with a few silver bracelets, which clinked as she moved around her forearms on the grand piano.

Kwon Eunbi gave Minki a warm smile, “not at all! I heard second year media students were filming a project this year for campus talents.”

Minki sheepishly looked at the floor as he proclaimed, “you must have been visited already by so many people, is it okay if I film you as you play anyway?”

Eunbi chuckled to herself before responding, “You’re too kind haha. But, nope! Nobody has filmed me yet. Feel free to do so!”

Minki was shocked. Nobody from Media filmed Eunbi yet for the talent project, of all things? Weird. Regardless, he was pleased to have been the first one to approach Eunbi, and be in her presence while she was in her element.

~

The foreign exchange students’ hall was quiet, minus the clicking noise of red stiletto heels and a suitcase that rolled behind a student. The smell of magnolia perfume permeated the blue chenille adorned chamber.

Writer's note:

Character map updated

ddwi3rs-eb3c9c9c-abe5-4b8c-bc96-0e93fba822e2.png

Last edited:

sm maid

Global Star Administrator Events VIP+ Eighth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭60,454
Pronouns
She/Her
kim flop yohan is very much like the person who inspired the character :munchlax:

sm maid

Global Star Administrator Events VIP+ Eighth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭60,454
Pronouns
She/Her
And you induce nightmares just like your character​

I don't think that's what that line meant, your character just thinks about her a lot :CupPar:

Top Bottom