OTHER UN: A House Targaryen Fanfiction / Installment #6 Click-Clack

Aquamaraqua

Jinyoung's Wife
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭970,145
Dragondivider.png

Listen as you read

(right click the loop button for the best experience)

Yohan looked out at the dragon field and sighed to himself. He just wanted to go back to the music room and practice for the spring serenade instead of dealing with dragons. Yes, even practice enticed him more than anything to do with the flying creatures. His parents always boasted about their achievements, and it didn’t help that his older brother, who also majored in dragon biology and graduated from UN two years ago, was the valedictorian of his class. Kim Yosei now worked as a dragon physician while simultaneously taking part in dragon research. Why couldn’t his parents be satisfied with him, and just leave Yohan alone?

As the day was nearing its end, Yohan thought a quick music break wouldn’t hurt anyone. He ran to the west wing where the music room was located and started playing his trumpet alone. Little did he know from the window he was being followed by a very large companion. A black dragon he was tending to earlier had followed him, and was waving his wings, almost as if to the tune of what Yohan played.

As Yohan peered out the window to his right and took notice of what was going on, he let out a small smile and said, “huh, so you like Nielson too? Perhaps the taste jumped out.”

For a while Yohan let go of the fear of his grades and simply continued with Nielson’s Aladdin Suite as his dragon companion bounced around the courtyard. Yohan even let out a laugh, but he was suddenly greeted by a scowling human face through the window.

Oh shit. Third year’s dragon field professor, Dr. Jun Jin. “Heh.. I thought the dragon could also use a break?”

~

Yeri was seated in her lab ready to snap at anyone that was attempting to ruin her experiment. As a dragon biology major, she wanted to work with the best professors so she could excel in her career in dragon science, and none of these foolish freshman kids were going to stop her. Her older step-sister, Siyeon, had already warned her about freshmen who often goofed around during lab, and she was ready to protect her territory with every cell in her body.

A girl with strawberry blonde hair and a chirpy attitude approached Yeri, “hey, why are you putting the liquid magnesium thingy over the dragon yolk?”

Yeri, whose eyes were closely following her test tube did not move her head, but instead her pupils stared at her classmate as she glared through the test tube’s glass, “because it says it in the manual, duh?”

~

Yeri was curious about the guy she met last week, Choi Minki. She didn’t know why but she was interested in his uniqueness. His way of talking seemed so dated, yet it made her ponder about him almost in an affectionate way. She heard Minki was working on a project in the music room these days, so she scurried her way through glistening glass halls and let out a deep breath, before peaking into the room. To her surprise there wasn’t anyone else there, aside from a girl with long brown hair who was wearing a white cotton dress and Minki himself.

“Minki… I don’t know what to say,” said the girl.

Minki’s face was flustered and pink with embarrassment, “Eunbi, I know I’m younger than you and I might seem immature, but I thought I would regret it if I didn’t tell you how I felt about you.”

Yeri’s eyes widened and she whipped her head back into the hall, just behind the door’s threshold. Did she just… reject him?!

Eunbi looked down and opened Minki’s palms, placing the small flower he had given her earlier in it.

“I don’t think you’re immature,” she said, looking at him in the eye, “but I don’t think I have the time or energy right now to be with someone. I’m really sorry.”

Wait, why do I feel upset yet relieved at the same time… Yeri thought to herself, as she quietly tip-toed out of the corridor toward the library.

~

Hani scratched her bottom through her grey sweatpants while she munched on a bag of salt and vinegar chips and frantically tapped her keyboard.

“God damn it why isn’t the code working UGHHHH,” Hani said, as she frustratingly attempted to find the area of the code she didn’t correctly input for her statistics homework.

Doyeon, who was lying down on her bed with her eyes closed, listening to “Limitless” by her favorite band sarcastically stated, “probably the same reason why you don’t have a boyfriend. Coz you impatient girl.”

Hani turned her head to face Doyeon with her eyebrows furrowed, “BITCH! The reason why I don’t have a boyfriend is because I’m an independent woman who don’t need no man. Period.”

Doyeon laughed at her roommate and took off her earbuds. As she went to put away her phone, her smile wiped off her face as a little frog trinket came into her sight.

~Flashback~

Yohan just finished shooting his last ball as the buzzer rang and the arcade lights lit up.

“Nice one!” proclaimed Doyeon, cheekily taking away the basketball and faked throwing it at Yohan’s face.

“You’re just jealous coz you didn’t win!” Yohan said, coming closer to Doyeon, tauntingly waving the little stuffed frog he won. Doyeon was unusually tall for someone her age, but he also wasn’t exactly the shortest person in the room, and he liked how his eyes could meet hers whenever he turned his head toward her. The two had met in his third year of high school when Doyeon joined his school orchestra, who at the time was trying to figure out if she was actually interested in playing music professionally or wanted to do something else with her future prospects.

“Jealous of someone who flops at everything but playing basketball in a dumb arcade game? I don’t think so!” Doyeon retorted, sticking out her tongue, her arms wrapped around the basketball tightly.

Yohan leaned into Doyeon’s face, with the basketball being the separating distance between the two.

“Mmm, I think you are,” Yohan said softly, with a playful grin. Doyeon’s eyes were now fluttering, her face flustered, nearly matching the red of her lips.

Doyeon’s heart was racing. Never before did she feel so greatly about someone before. Yohan was always a people’s person, and he extended his help toward Doyeon as well. Yohan helped her realize her decision to stop playing the violin wasn’t about failure, it’s just that the shoe didn’t fit for her, and that was normal. She didn’t think Yohan ever had feelings for her besides being a friend though, and while she didn’t want to admit it to herself, she wasn’t okay with that.

Yohan stared into Doyeon’s dark brown orbs and then slowly leaned in, closing his eyes as he did so.

Doyeon’s forehead was met with the warmth of Yohan’s lips, and she could feel a small smile creep up into them before he released her from them.

~

Students gathered around in the freshman’s cafeteria hall. Yeri looked around and saw people buzzing about a new student.

“Another one? And this time in the middle of the semester? She’s got some nerve,” said one student.

“Probably had her daddy pay her way in like they did with blondie long legs haha,” said another.

“I heard her dad owns Weibo, that’s how much power her family has.”

The students’ murmuring was distracting, so she would have to head elsewhere if she wanted to study.

Yeri finished her kimbab, and was ready to head to the library, but before she could get up and throw away her tray, a click-clacking of shoes near her stopped her as she was getting up.

“So what if my daddy paid my way into this school. What are you gonna do about it?” she heard a stern voice say. It was coming from a girl with brown hair, dressed head to toe in Valentino, accompanied by red louboutins. The girl had an assured look on her face, with her arms crossed, confronting the two students who had been speaking about her earlier.

While most students did not have a nametag on their bosoms, this girl did, perhaps because she was new to aid professors.

The nametag read, “Zhou Jieqiong”.

- END -

Writer's note:

Updated character map

ddwi92v-b4aab0af-f3f3-46a1-a2b9-a96c488e5a73.png

Last edited:

Dragon of the West

Iroh VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭797,050
Hani scratched her bottom through her grey sweatpants while she munched on a bag of salt and vinegar chips and frantically tapped her keyboard
I haven't finished reading it yet but lmao! This is 100% something the irl Hani would do regularly

Edit: another great installment! I really like the addition of the background music!

Last edited:
Top Bottom