OTHER UN: A House Targaryen Fanfiction / Installment #7 Blue Flame

Aquamaraqua

Jinyoung's Wife
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭970,145
Dragondivider.png

☽ Listen as you read ☾

(right click the loop button for the best experience)

Jieqiong entered the foreign exchange student’s lounge and heard a red-head girl speak in a tongue she could understand even better than English. She sighed in relief as she felt a bit closer to home.

“Hey, I’m Zhou Jieqiong,” she said in Mandarin.

Yuqi looked up at a girl with straight black hair waving to her. She just got off the phone with her mom, who called for the third time that day asking if everything was fine, and as usual, Yuqi had to go through the usual motions of answering: yes she ate, yes she’s doing well in school, and yes, she’s doing fine and doesn’t need more money.

“Oh hi… I’m Yuqi. Are you from the mainland?” asked Yuqi

“Ah… haha yeah. I guess you can tell by my accent. What about you?” inquired Jieqiong.

“My parents are Chinese Malaysian, but most of my life I grew up in England until a few years ago. Then I moved here for college almost three years ago.”

Jieqiong noticed a blonde girl next to Yuqi who looked extremely confused. Yuqi turned to her and giggled, then switched to English, “sorry, forgot to introduce you to my friend here, Nana. She’s from Iceland.”

Nana laughed, “I didn’t want to interrupt you guys, but I was dying of curiosity what you guys were saying after your intros, haha”

Jieqiong turned to face Nana, “Iceland huh? I’ve been there a couple of times. The views are gorgeous there. Even better than Switzerland, I’d have to say."

Nana blushed before gushing, “aren’t they? If you need somebody to tell you the best restaurants that aren’t tourist-y, hit me up. I gotchu!”

~

Siyeon was bored out of her mind in her accounting class. Apparently there were supposed to be software kids coming soon for a crossover project regarding some sort of taxation modules they would be going over.

A girl wearing a long blue skirt, a white t-shirt and her brown hair in a ponytail came and sat down next to Siyeon.

“Hey! I remember you, I think you were in my economics class last semester?”

Siyeon looked up to see a familiar girl. Crap, what was her name again?

“Oh hi, yeah I think we had a class together. Nice seeing you again…” Siyeon stated.

“You probably don’t remember, but I’m Hani. I was the one with the huge Jinyoung notebook, heh,” the girl responded.

Ah right. Hani. She was kind of weird, but in an endearing way. It seemed that this semester her fangirling antics didn’t hault, as some idol magazines peered out of her bag.

Hani smiled and started typing away at her computer. Siyeon was in awe of how quickly she was working on the project, while she still barely wrote an outline for herself.

“Hey, can you teach me python? I’ve been meaning to get myself better at coding but HTML is probably all I can do,” said Siyeon, sheepishly.

~

Jieqiong sat down at her very first class for her major that semester. She was a quiet girl who often suppressed much of her feelings, but to others she gave off a vibe of being stuck-up. As Jieqiong grew up in a secluded high society in Shanghai, she had little time to make friends outside of a small private school circle.

To Jieqiong’s left, a boy with wavy black hair was seated. Jieqiong only then realized that he had been looking at her… for a while.

Jieqiong pursed her lips together and looked back down at the table.

“You have really pretty eyes, you know that?” said the boy.

Jieqiong’s eyebrows furrowed, while her ears turned pink.

“Who the heck are you?” she asked, a bit annoyed, but mostly embarassed.

“Hmmm, I’m Mark Tuan, and you are Pinky, right?”

Jieqiong gave the boy a frown, “I don’t know what you’re talking about. My name is Jieqiong,” she said, pointing to her name tag.

Jieqiong soon realized she shouldn’t have done that, as Mark’s eyes landed right atop her breasts where her nametag was placed.

Ugh, I shouldn’t have let my mom convince me to put on this stupid thing. Who cares if the professors don’t know my name.

Mark gave Jieqiong a smirk, before resting his head on his hand, his head now tilted. Mmm the foreign exchange students are always the most fun to mess around with. “Mmm, China has Weibo, America has Twitter, and here we use Naver, for all the juicy gossip. You’re welcome.”

Jieqiong huffed, “don’t you dare tell anyone my name is Pinky! I’m having this blog removed as we speak.”

Mark chuckled and then whispered in Jieqiong’s ear, “I lied, it’s not on any blog. I just have my sources.”

~

Nana sighed as she crunched up another paper. She worked for the school paper now, thanks to them accepting her application even though she came in mid-year, but why couldn’t she phrase literally anything for her story? The Scale, the school’s weekly paper, she thought, would be a perfect opportunity to expand her journalism resume, yet nothing of her interest seemed to be happening lately.

Siyeon walked over to where Nana was seated and raised an eyebrow. “So you’re the new girl?”

Nana looked up to see a girl with long blonde hair, a perfectly pointed cupid’s bow adorning her lips, and eyes that felt like they could pierce through her heart. Nana was, in short, in awe.

“Y-yes! That’s me, I’m Nana, or Im Jinah you might have heard.”

Siyeon nodded slowly, before sitting down and peering over to what Nana had scrunched up.
“Huh… why did you crumble this up? The theatre kids messing up the King Lear play was actually pretty iconic,” Siyeon said, with a small laugh.

Nana blushed before continuing, “well, it’s not like I don’t like plays or anything, but I feel like I want to do so much more in journalism, and I feel like even what I’m writing right now isn’t going to get me anywhere.”

Siyeon stared at Nana. This girl is bonkers. What does she want, a meteor to hit the school before she writes something? Still, it was kind of cute how she worried so much about her future.

“Easy there woman, just take it step by step… your journalism career isn’t going to go anywhere with you not writing anything at all either.”

Nana took in Siyeon’s words, and started to slowly nod along. “I know, I overthink a lot. It’s just a habit of mine. I think I feel better now, thanks, for listening and,” she paused, “for everything.”

Siyeon was a bit puzzled. Everything? What exactly did she do aside from lending some advice. This girl rivaled the dramatics of Yeri.

“I uh, I need to use the bathroom!” Nana said, hurriedly.

Shit. You’re so stupid, “everything?!” you sounded so over the top ugh. I wanna punch myself. That was mega embarrassing.

Nana exited The Scale’s conference room and shook her head, trying to forget what just happened. As she approached the men’s room, which was just behind the women’s room, she noticed there was a match on the floor with a flame.

Some idiot probably trying to get a quick smoke, she thought, before continuing to pick it up and blow it, then tossing it in the trash before she walked off.

- END -

Writer's note:

Updated character map

ddwj62w-6eebad62-0e07-47be-a65e-433af6b38b0a.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom