OTHER UN: A House Targaryen Fanfiction / Installment #8 Exsanguination

Aquamaraqua

Jinyoung's Wife
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭970,145
Dragondivider.png

⸸ Listen as you read ⸸

(right click the loop button for the best experience)

Trigger warning: contains blood and gore.

It had been a month since the spring semester began. Jieqiong sat in her physics homeroom, staring at her desk as she drew formulas with her fingers out of boredom. Her thoughts then started to ambush her mind. She felt like she could have done a better job at making friends. While yes, Yuqi was there when she needed someone to vent to, and she would sometimes also greet Nana if she was with them, being a freshman majoring in physics made it so that she had no classes with either of the girls. It didn’t help that Jieqiong’s mother paid for a room in which she would be all alone. “It will help you concentrate on studying, and having a room all to yourself is much more relaxing, isn’t it?” Her mother was so wrong. Despite Jieqiong’s self-proclaimed resting bitch face, she was still only a college freshman still figuring out her way in the world. It was with great insistence she even got to decide her own major, as she loved math. It was her father who kept pushing her to go into business administration to assist with the conglomerates her family owned, but Jieqiong was too invested in the wonders of physics to let herself be swayed.

Jieqiong felt a poke on her right shoulder, causing her to look at the source of the interruption. Not him again...

Mark smiled at her, “so what are you doing with those delicate little fingers? Preparing for midterms like that?”

Jieqiong now sat upright, and took out a book from her bag before proclaiming, “none of your business.”

Mark’s voice softened as he said, “you know, I see you all the time all alone, I wonder if you’ve been having trouble adjusting? I can show you around the campus clubs if you want, there’s a lot of great stuff you’re missing out on. Oh and, I also speak Mandarin so, if you ever want to just vent more comfortably, I gotcha.”

Jieqiong was surprised at his sudden change in words. Mark was in a lot of classes with Jieqiong, and would always try to strike up a conversation with her. Due to her past credits from Shanghai, Jieqiong was able to skip a few introductory classes, so most of her peers day-to-day were upperclassmen. It was no wonder she felt so awkward, most people already had their circle of friends, and so all her encounters within her major never really made it past formalities.

Jieqiong pursed her lips before looking at Mark straight in the eyes, “I’m doing just fine! Worry about yourself.”

With that Jieqiong abruptly got up from her chair and was about to leave when Mark grabbed her wrist and said with a somber tone, “I saw you crying yesterday in the library’s computer room… I’m worried about you, you know?”

~

Students rushed outside of the dormitory rooms, some carrying heavy suitcases, others with only one bag on their shoulders. Before the spring midterms in March, all second and third year students would go on a field trip together and volunteer at a site for a few days. This year the students were going on a trip to North Hempstead Beach Park to assist with a beach cleanup and take part in a nitrogen pollution awareness campaign.

Jieqiong was standing near a bus, twiddling with her fingers before she bashfully looked up at someone who had become so close to her, and gave her comfort. Mark Tuan.

“I-I’ll.. I’ll miss you,” she whispered.

Mark leaned into her, cupping his ear with his hand, “sorry what was that? I can’t hear you.”

Jieqiong crossed her arms and huffed, “nevermind then,” then turning around, ready to walk away.

She felt Mark wrap his arms around her waist, pulling her in close. Jieqiong felt the heat rise to her face as she stuttered, “hey, people are looking! What are you doing?!”

Mark didn’t let go, tightening his grip on her, “so what? Am I a secret to you sweetie, huh?”

Jieqiong loosened her body and then turned around, she didn’t know what came over her but she hugged him back, despite the onlookers who were starting to whisper. She rested her head on his shoulder and stated, “no, and I’ll miss you... So you better text me!”

~

“AMAZING~ AMAZING~ BAD LADYYYY” sang Hani unabashed, seated next to Doyeon on the travel bus.

Doyeon was listening to music on her phone. Doyeon was used to Hani’s random loud behavior, especially when it came to field trips. Last summer Hani sang the same song for the entire ride to New York City, so she took precautionary measures this time around and brought her survival kit which consisted of a sleeping mask, earplugs and tape, in case she had to go that far.

Other students on the bus were amused at the “entertainment”, some even sang along, while others were shifting in their seats trying to nap.

On one of the third year’s travel bus Yuqi was on her phone, the voice on the other end saying, “physical therapy is of utmost importance right now. Regular physical therapy sessions will need to be made, please call back at this number-”

The voice was cut off as Yuqi slammed the end call button and frustratingly threw the phone in her bag.

~

Yeri sighed as she watched from the glass walls all the travel buses leave the fields. She wasn’t particularly interested in the volunteering trip, or even the beach itself, it was Minki she was going to miss that week. For the past few weeks, she had been making excuses during her breaks to go to the arts building and sneaking into the media lounge. There she would observe Minki from afar, until last week, that is.

Yeri was pretending to study her chemistry book, when Minki walked over to her table and calmly stated, “I think we met before, remember the multipurpose room? Haha… that book you’re reading looks so interesting! Are you reading it for fun?”

Yeri blushed before she peered up at his beautiful sparkling brown eyes and she stuttered, “I-I don’t think we met before! But erm, no, I’m actually a dragon biology major.”

Minki smiled as he took a seat next in Yeri, “don’t worry about it. I don’t mind what happened then. And your secret,” he said, pointing at her textbook, “is safe with me.”

~

Eunbi entered the women’s bathroom, needing to do a little bit of changing as she had an event with her parents later that day to see an opera. She looked at herself in the mirror and smiled, her makeup was light and fresh, her hair in wavy curls. She felt ready. As she was putting on the last of her jewelry, her silver bracelet fell, bounced off the sink and rolled into one of the stalls.

“Ugh, come back you little thing,” she said to herself, crouching down in her black dress, trying to keep it folded so it wouldn’t become dirty. She knocked on the stall but did not hear anything, so she opened the door, ready to grab that little run-away bracelet.

There seated on the toilet seat was a girl, with her long legs almost reaching the end of the stall, with Eunbi’s bracelet planted near the heel of the girl’s mary janes.

Eunbi began to profusely apologize, looking up at who she had disturbed, “I’m so sorry I didn’t reali-” before it dawned on her.

The girl whose black hair was sprawled over her shoulders had a peculiar neck. There was a clear horizontal line that ran through its middle, with a dark red tinge lining it, some of this same tinge also splattered in the surrounding walls of the stall. The girl’s skin was oddly blue in color and a weird stench filled Eunbi’s nose.

Eunbi’s eyes quivered in fear, her body tense. That red tinge was blood. And this girl’s neck had been sliced in half.

ddwj62w-6eebad62-0e07-47be-a65e-433af6b38b0a.png

Writer's note:

As no new characters are revealed in this installment, I instead created a Netflix poster for the series, coming May 25th!

ddwivjj-c28adb70-3e5f-4d26-9c94-8f4b44e0fe01.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom