US Police vs Italian Police

Pyron

The Blue Lightning Donor Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭4,423,330
Source: https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/12/us/fort-worth-police-shooting/index.html

Basically US police officers got a call from neighbor to investigate some open door at her home, got spooked for some reason and shoot the home owner dead from her window when she was checking what the heck was happening. Of course police won't reveal the murder's name. It's probably another case of trigger happy white officer shooting black "suspect" that is too commonplace with US police.

vs

Source: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...y-couple-crying-neighbours-rome-a7178691.html

Basically neighbors reported some distress from an elderly couple, but they found out it was nothing much besides the couple being pissed about the state of the world in the news. The officers decided to cook pasta for them to cheer them up.

Whisky23

"Kind but not soft" Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,200
Pronouns
Stud/Studmuffin
Seems like people are better off living with crooks and drug dealers than dealing with US police. They might lose stuff, but at least they won't lose their life. I hope they put him/her behind bars like the recent case of the white police officer killing her neighbor in his own house, but I won't hold my breath.

niyin

少女A Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭107,670
the article you linked on the italian side its such a joke, not because its true "lol funny italians" but because paint the local law enforcement like its nicer when its not
and pitting two different system (US and Italian (but i'd say European)), not considering how every country train their own the law enforcement and the society they live in (and the country's history), its so stupid

i'd say no more, because as much as what happened in the US its disgusting and should not happen ever, it's not like other countries polices (european or not) shouldn't be put in a better light because US has a questionable system.
i'd just put some links that will make my point clear, there is sensitive content in them

Pyron

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭4,423,330
the article you linked on the italian side its such a joke, not because its true "lol funny italians" but because paint the local law enforcement like its nicer when its not
and pitting two different system (US and Italian (but i'd say European)), not considering how every country train their own the law enforcement and the society they live in (and the country's history), its so stupid

i'd say no more, because as much as what happened in the US its disgusting and should not happen ever, it's not like other countries polices (european or not) shouldn't be put in a better light because US has a questionable system.
i'd just put some links that will make my point clear, there is sensitive content in them

Fair enough.

I'm a bit aware that Italian police system probably isn't nice as nice as mafia and corruption are a thing there as well and they don't quite have that great of a reputation as security goes for Western Europe average.

Still it's probably still nicer on taking routine checks like that. That was the situation I wanted to illustrate. It's not really to be taken as comparison of their system as a whole per se as it should be implied that each country has different and situations. After all the linked Italian article is old compared to the recent US case. It's more about how US are too trigger happy way too often in mundane situations. The Italian one could be whatever.

Still your criticism is valid. It could be taken this way and maybe I should just have linked the US case by itself.

niyin

少女A Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭107,670
It's more about how US are too trigger happy way too often in mundane situations.
but that its has to put in a context, as much as i hate how law enforcement works and how the system get easily damaged by "few bad apples"

a videos about just about this

AKID❀KI

Death's Mistress
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,921,164
but that its has to put in a context, as much as i hate how law enforcement works and how the system get easily damaged by "few bad apples"

I watched that video. It is informative and made me understand the issue better. The system in the us is badly in need of a change and I hope that they change it soon. Because innocent people should not die by the hands of the people who are supposed to protect them.

Pyron

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭4,423,330

Of course there are reasons of why the "few bad apples" keep happening. Everything is in context and I think it was implicit enough and if it wasn't, it can be discussed/cleared further. That's the point of the thread. To further discussion on this serious matter.

Ulmicola

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭88,990
LMAO the only reason why the Italian police is "better" than the American one, it's that they beat up and torture people regardless of the colour of their skin, that's it.

Top Bottom