"We were deceived by Avex" idol group "WA-SUTA / The World Standard" held an emergency press conference to apologize for being disrespectful to all th

Stan BiSH

Global Star Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,429,625

FgUcK2jakAEuPUC

On November 1st of 2022 the idol group Wa-SUTA (or "The World Standard") unexpectedly called for an emergency press conference, in it the group acknowledged the backlash caused by their actions and apologized for being disrespectful to all dogs and dogs owners around the world by only singing songs about cats (the members claim they only did it because they were deceived by Avex)

"the cat idols" as they are popularly known, announced that as an apology their next single is going to be called "Sumimasen, Inu" or "I'm sorry, dog" and is going to be released on February 22 (Japan's Cat day)

FeIdaSL.png

i was checking comments from when they announced the conference and fans were genuinely scared, honestly i can't blame them earlier this year i was tricked in a similar way so i known how they must had feel

in any case i love how these days idol groups seems to be aware of the stereotypes surrounding Jpop and how they are openly making fun of them

i've been aware of WA-SUTA for a few years, i think their latest singles have been good

Last edited:

sm maid

Global Star Administrator Events VIP+ Eighth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭60,904
Pronouns
She/Her
My fave jpop group, but I must admit I was also scared :TzuyuKek:

Bellamy

Be strong, be brave〰 VIP+ Early Supporters Second Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭29,828,714
Pronouns
She/Her
I don't listen to Jpop, but even i was scared because of the title. This is the second time after that other thread.

Stan BiSH

Global Star Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,429,625
they just released the single

Last edited:
Top Bottom