What animes do you hope to see a remake of in the near future?

Chuuya

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭37,765
Pandora Hearts.
The anime had the potential but since the manga was still on-going, they didn't have enough content and decided to rush the end.
The manga is such a masterpiece and I would love to see it all in motion one day but I doubt it will happen.
:sadpuppy:

YES.
One of my favourite manga <3

And Black cat I guess. But it will never happen😅

Also, I'd like to see a remake of Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni or Umineko no Naku Koro ni!

And not a remake but I want a sequel for Darker than Black:somicry:
Every two years I check Animelist to see if there are news lol

yerm

I can make the beat go! Graphics Lead Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,505,706
Pronouns
she/her
Claymore, One Outs, Sekirei, Deadman Wonderland, Rosario + Vampire.

I second Deadman Wonderland. A remake with a better overall adaptation would be neat. Plus, the plot after where the anime stopped is pretty good and deserves to be adapted.

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,490
none, i hate remakes :ughh:

the 2019 Fruits Basket remake >>>>>>>> the 2001 Fruits Basket, though. The difference and improvement in art quality is like night and day.

@topic: I'd like to see another Sailor Moon remake, but one that's better than Sailor Moon Crystal (a lot of people complained about the lazy animation and anatomical mistakes). But unfortunately given how SMC ended up it's unlikely we'll see Sailor Moon getting any more remakes.

Cafuné

J-ROCK SLUT | The Only Primadonna
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭31,520
One outs had a good story until the end. It’s sad that the anime wasn’t able to finish it. I hope they remake it
oho a person of culture

Honestly, there isn't much I wanna see remade. Idk. Maybe Jing King of Bandits? Serial Experiments Lain? I hesitate mostly because a remake usually means eviscerating the heartful 90s/early 2000s style that made different shows actually individualized and making it generic A-1 studios moe style (or terrible CGI). So I guess I'd only be on board if it was like, Bones, Madhouse, or maybe Trigger depending on the show. Really just any studio that still has a style with a soul lmao

Ah, though Escaflowne would be cool because the original got cut short several episodes so the end was a MAJOR cluster fuck. And I'd love to see those amazing mech designs in even nicer animation wahh

Polaris_Tae

🚀🚩 Social Media Lead Donor+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭466,259
Vampire Knight, do my boy Zero some justice.
Also, maybe Inuyasha, though tbh, I'd rather a remastered DVD/Blu-Ray release instead of a remake, the OG series is just too good ~

gsl

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,450
Slam Dunk. That show supposed to be the representative of basket ball manga/anime not Kuroko no Basket (I like KnB but Slam Dunk is far more superior in everything).
Also Berserk should get Netflix money lol

dannyy

The limit is inside your mind.
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭15,030
Ouran Hign School Host Club, Yamato Nadeshiko Sichi Henge, and DN Angel. And Fruits Basket remakes one of the best damn thing happen in this 2019 because of how injustice Fruits Basket 2001 back then. They kind of left one of the most fundamental part from Fruits Basket back then.

Pyron

The Blue Lightning Donor Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭4,423,330
Slam Dunk. That show supposed to be the representative of basket ball manga/anime not Kuroko no Basket (I like KnB but Slam Dunk is far more superior in everything).
Also Berserk should get Netflix money lol

I had a similar feeling with Ashita no Joe and Hajime no Ippou. People just use Hajime (deservedly), but they don't know Ashita no Joe's influence. I guess Slam Dunk is kinda getting there as well in terms of age. Dunno if it's as forgotten as Ashita no Joe, as it was from the time not many people touched when anime was becoming a thing.

Of course, I'm talking more about non Japanese audience. They have better reverence from past works than us.

gsl

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,450
I had a similar feeling with Ashita no Joe and Hajime no Ippou. People just use Hajime (deservedly), but they don't know Ashita no Joe's influence. I guess Slam Dunk is kinda getting there as well in terms of age. Dunno if it's as forgotten as Ashita no Joe, as it was from the time not many people touched when anime was becoming a thing.

Of course, I'm talking more about non Japanese audience. They have better reverence from past works than us.

Tbh I'm not following Hajime no Ippo (1000+ chapter is too much to follow) so I don't know how much of the impact. And tbf Ashita no Joe is a very old manga. Beside their current reimagining so different it looks like a different anime. But I think Ashita no Joe in terms of legacy is already set. You can say they're like Astro Boy of sport manga. Even if you don't know it you can't deny its influence

But the thing of Slam Dunk is its still fairly new. Its started between DB and OP era. Beside KnB is not really about basket ball. But beating the generation of miracle and their super power. Slam Dunk beside teaching you the very basic of basket ball its show you how great basket ball game can be. Something that I don't feel on KnB

Pyron

The Blue Lightning Donor Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭4,423,330
Tbh I'm not following Hajime no Ippo (1000+ chapter is too much to follow) so I don't know how much of the impact. And tbf Ashita no Joe is a very old manga. Beside their current reimagining so different it looks like a different anime. But I think Ashita no Joe in terms of legacy is already set. You can say they're like Astro Boy of sport manga. Even if you don't know it you can't deny its influence

But the thing of Slam Dunk is its still fairly new. Its started between DB and OP era. Beside KnB is not really about basket ball. But beating the generation of miracle and their super power. Slam Dunk beside teaching you the very basic of basket ball its show you how great basket ball game can be. Something that I don't feel on KnB

The problem is people just didn't know so they can't even deny its influence. Yeah, the reimagining helped a bit with non Japanese audience. Before thou, it was pretty rare seeing some mention. Maybe articles reminding some of us of really old series or stuff that had bigger impact in Japan than outside it.

KnB represents 10s trend pretty well thou and the public seems to dig this. Yeah, when mentioning about basketball, Slam Dunk is freshier than Ashita no Joe in comparison and a lot people around that time is still very active in anime/manga community passing the world (in comparison to people from Ashita no Joe era), but I see some of the younger audience mentioning KnB more and more while ignoring Slam Dunk or not even knowing its existence. DB and OP may be around the same era, but it is still continuing. While Slam Dunk run is over for over two decades!

It's not that old, but it's getting there. Mid 90s is already becoming history :viva:

Top Bottom