What are the most recent movies you've seen?

Chomiczewska

Hamster First Place HoE Chomi
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭25,438,649
Steven Universe: The movie
It was fun, except the villain girl highkey annoyed me since the beginning till the end (but as I've seen other people love her)

carol danvers

Higher, further, faster, baby ๑・ᴗ・๑
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭622,545
John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum (2019): It was a lot more violent than I was expecting but since I'm not super picky with action films, I didn't mind too much. The lack of dialogue sometimes bothers me but it's probably for the best lmao. Part 2 remains the best in the franchise imo. 7.5/10

It: Chapter 2 (2019):
I was expecting so much more and yet ;_; Idk, the plot wasn't cohesive enough and some of the changes did the movie no favors. Also, I don't understand why they kept Pennywise true form the same it was in the book but couldn't add an effing turtle. Several characters were wasted and in the end, I felt like I didn't know most of the adult losers. Both Bills were amazing though, and the highlight for me. Btw, the movie was so not scary which was disappointing. 7.5/10

boomimo

李永钦
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭654,538
American Pie 2 (2001) 4/10 I don't know what i was thinking when i decided to watch this movie, it was so stupid but hey i laughed.
Bajo la Rosa (2017) 6.5/10 For a low budget film it was nice, the script was great, the acting kinda questionable.
It: Chapter Two (2019) 7/10 Way too long, unnecessary flashback and less less scary than the first one.
Parasite (2019) 8/10 It was a nice. I enjoyed it but that ending...
X-men: Dark Phoenix (2019) 5/10 I don't know what was the point of this film but at least it was better than Apocalypse.

Last edited:

dannyy

The limit is inside your mind.
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭15,030
It: Chapter Two (US Movie): 5/10

I'm not hurt or try to shade this movie, but the most entertaining part of the prequel is how bad and traumatic all the events from the first movie was for 10-14 year old. That's why from the people of that age, the first movie will look terribly hard to watch, because the kid not even fucked up yet, but they have to face that kind of demon. I think the second movie kind of try too hard to connect their entire life to the former event that happens in a first movie and leave too far-fetched in a three-hour-long movie which I have to admit, a little bit boring. Again, this is just my personal opinion though, while the movie success to give me such jump-scare horror, but it changes drastically when the final scene unfold. The ritual seems kind of brought out of nowhere, as well.

boomimo

李永钦
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭654,538
Life Itself (2018) 10/10 Beautiful, wow it's been awhile since i've cried this much believe me this is not a sad story. It's about how unpredictable life is... again it will make you laugh, cry and reflect. Highly recommend.
Cube (1997) 6/10 A low budget psychological thriller film for the year I'd say was one of the first films with this kind of story line, sure it was interesting but in the middle to the end some choices make no sense and the ending a disappointment.
Tutta colpa di Freud (2014) 8/10 This is my second italian film I've watched and I loved it.
2 Guns (2013) 7/10 Denzel Washington and Mark Wahlberg, their chemistry was really good nice plot i enjoyed it.
Hannibal (2001) 9/10 I was just in the mood to re-watched this film finally give it my rate.

Last edited:

yerm

I can make the beat go! Graphics Lead Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,505,706
Pronouns
she/her
I'm back with my next Spider-Man review!

Amazing Spider-Man: 7.9/10. It's not quite good enough to get an 8. I preferred Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man than Tobey Maguire but neither of them are good Peter Parkers for me. Gwen Stacy is marginally more interesting than Mary Jane. Marginally. The Lizard was a ton less corny than Green Goblin, but not as iconic as Doc Ock or Venom. I got his motivation, I felt him a bit but could see his obvious flaws. Some of the sheer coincidences in plot are naïve and of their time (which is not what I expected to say about something from 2010 but I've sat through enough corny Doctor Who from that era to excuse it). I enjoyed it, but it's still not quite what I was expecting from the film. It was definitely better than all the Tobey Maguire films though.

dannyy

The limit is inside your mind.
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭15,030
10 Things I Hate About You (US Movie): 8.5/10 --> I'm a sucker for this kind of movie, mismatch character, blunt dialog and of course a lot of reference to explicit jokes and sarcasm.
The Departure (Japanese Movie): 8/10
Very Ordinary Couple (Korean Movie): 7/10 --> I like the idea why you should drop your ex laptop under such condition, it's funny and concerning at the same time!

carol danvers

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭622,545
This Is Where I Leave You (2014): Eh, watching this with my parents was so not a good idea lmao. I did enjoy it tho, despite the script feeling really half-assed. It was pretty funny most of the time despite the absurdity of it all and Adam Driver was a delight as per usual. 7/10

Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019):
Not as bad as MiB but man, this movie did not need to last over 2 hours. Every single character was a dumbass, I did not care about the family drama at all and some moments that were meant to be touching ended up being silly instead. I don't see how they can continue with this franchise when they put no effort at all. I was just rooting for Godzilla to kill them all. 5.5/10

carol danvers

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭622,545
Midsommar (2019): I am absolutely in love with this movie, IN LOVE. The cinematography, the music, the script, the costumes, the acting... it's just a really well-crafted film. Some people might have issues with the pace but to me, it was perfect. Florence was easily the standout but most of the cast is pretty good, even all the weird Swedish people in the background, lol. I've seen it 2 times already and I'll probably rewatch it a third time, Ari Aster did it again. 8.5/10

Annabelle Comes Homes (2019):
Let's just say that it wasn't as terrible as the first one, but that's not saying much. Not even my boo Patrick and his 5 minutes of screentime could save this mess. 5/10

carol danvers

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭622,545
The Dead Don't Die (2019): I still don't know how I feel about it, the humor didn't quite land a few times and the script was all over the place. The pace was off too and the movie as a whole could've benefited from better editing. Once again, Adam Driver was the highlight for me and the cameos were fun. 7/10

sleety

is alcoholic
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭40,325
Pronouns
She/Her
Aladdin (2019): 6/10 (only watched it for Will Smith)
Hobbs & Show: 7/10 ( I did expect nothing, so... soundtrack is really good)
Spider-man: In the universe: Amazing/10
Halloween (2018) - 7/10
Blade runner 2049: Masterpiece/10

Panda

VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,908,941
It: Chapter 2: I liked it but it wasn't as scary as people said.
Fractured: All I can say that it was a very enjoyable roller coaster of guesses and surprises.

S

Some

The last thing i remember watching was aladdin maybe i watched something after my memory is horrible

tseunhadoku

Nation's Little Sister
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,830
last movie was endgame, I was planning to watch The Bad Guys but since it's a korean movie I gotta wait until it's online or on netflix

Top Bottom