What is the most important sound to your favorite group? (Besides vocals)

MVSica

✨🐻UjungπŸ›°οΈβœ¨ Donor VIP+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
β¨­130,653
:TzuyuKek: BG stans "noise" doesn't count :wootonew:

For me in WJSN, the funky bass and space-infused keyboards are what make WJSN very interesting to me, beyond their great vocals and character. For EXO and SHINee(SM and starship share similar instrumentation at times with actual bass and guitar and other instruments). They usually have a very good vibe to their songs which is usually due to their(SM's) good understanding of how pop songs work with proper emotional catch and release.

Dreamcatcher of course, have an excellent sound. I usually am impressed with their songs which means a lot considering I use to be into many forms of hard rock and metal when I was an annoying Emo guitar player:LOL: The guitar player and drummer deserve a lot of credit! :shablob:

GWSN, that 4 walls sound is their Oyster now.

Red Velvet, two distinct sounds with one group. Sometimes more lol.

I will let you describe your favs, uwu

:shablob:

What is the most important sound to your favorite group? (Besides vocals)

Last edited:

yooamygirls

how deep is your love VIP+ Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
β¨­739,810
hmmm.......probably the really interesting usage of instruments and synth, i feel like a lot of txt and bts songs are super enjoyable even without the vocals. Run Away especially has that really good 90s electric guitar sounds in the chorus that's 10/10

For Oh My Girl, it's similar to your reason for RV! I love how they have the more fairy-like/ethereal sound and also the more bouncy/cute/energetic sound!

Sweetlight

β˜†β˜†β˜† Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
β¨­152,675
I don't think I know that much about music to answer your question well :sejeongcry: But for the past few months I've been listening to Lovelyz a lot and while they're not my favorite group I consider them ONE OF my favorite groups right now and I like the electronic sound that you can hear in their discography a lot. I realized it when I was playing Superstar Woollim and starting with Candy Jelly Love, they've always had these electronic elements in their music. I think it's cool :LovePar:

MVSica

✨🐻UjungπŸ›°οΈβœ¨ Donor VIP+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
β¨­130,653
hmmm.......probably the really interesting usage of instruments and synth, i feel like a lot of txt and bts songs are super enjoyable even without the vocals. Run Away especially has that really good 90s electric guitar sounds in the chorus that's 10/10

For Oh My Girl, it's similar to your reason for RV! I love how they have the more fairy-like/ethereal sound and also the more bouncy/cute/energetic sound!

I do love that sound!

Yes OMG are a great gg, always have a good song regardless of style :LovePar:

I don't think I know that much about music to answer your question well :sejeongcry: But for the past few months I've been listening to Lovelyz a lot and while they're not my favorite group I consider them ONE OF my favorite groups right now and I like the electronic sound that you can hear in their discography a lot. I realized it when I was playing Superstar Woollim and starting with Candy Jelly Love, they've always had these electronic elements in their music. I think it's cool :LovePar:

Aww thats ok you did a good job explaining!:LovePar: Lovelyz are great one of my 3rd gen favs. The electronic sounds are something I'm pretty weak for as well kekeke. I remember being obsessed with the sounds in Naengmyeon:TzuyuKek:

BianTwo

Girl Groups Supporter Donor+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
β¨­234,150
To be honest vocals were never the most important criteria for me :unsure: if I liked a song that was enough :ROFLMAO:

Dreamcatcher, I love rock and metal so when I discovered DC I was like "that's really cool". They easily stand out with this style. Of course some of their songs are perfect for an anime opening or ending.
Lovelyz, I ended liking almost all their main titles tracks, so I guess their songs and style are my taste. Hard to describe why I love them.

BlessMeAchoo

Excuse My Charisma
Reaction score
Plus Coins
β¨­201,500
Monsta X tend to have quite aggressive and intense sounding title tracks and they tend to start with full energy right off the bat rather than gradually building it up (e.g. Fantasia and Beautiful).

Polaris_Tae

πŸš€πŸš© Social Media Lead Donor+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
β¨­750,559
Good vocal mixing! Like if I can't tell the members vocal colours apart bc the pd did a trash job, I'm sorry but I'm dropping them!
Like... wtf is this?!!!

Honestly, I'm a sucker for show tunes-inspired music like this:

Enchanted

𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖
Reaction score
Plus Coins
β¨­50,785
Dreamcatcher is one of my fav groups and I really love the rock sound they had such as Good night, You and I, What, Scream etc.
Edit: I also love Chen's ballad sound he has outside of EXO.
ITZY's sort of party sound like with DD and Wannabe is also a huge plus.

There are so many groups I could mention. :LOL:

kimsguardian

πŸ„³πŸ„ΎπŸ„ΎπŸ…πŸšͺ Sixth Place HoETop Poster Of Month
Reaction score
π–π–Šπ–Ž'π–˜ π–—π–Žπ–Œπ–π–™ 𝖍𝖆𝖓𝖉
Plus Coins
β¨­1,102,320
Pronouns
He/Him
aegyo sound from her
XfLYsrm.gif

Top Bottom