What Phases Have You Had In Kpop?

Polaris_Tae

🚀🚩 Social Media Lead Donor+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭667,759
Started out as a casual stan > shooter for bts that would never catch myself stanning a girl group > having a girl group (HJSN) as one of my top bias groups (along with WayV ofc). I'm a somewhat multi but only stan a few groups (less than 5)

Last edited:

Pyron

The Blue Lightning Donor Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭4,423,330
I had an anti-Korean stage during my teens till early adulthood which included hating irrationally the 1st gen Kpop. I guess I'm stuck on 3rd gen ggstan stage. I was into survival show. More than I'd like to. I think I'm still pretty "casual" and wanna stay this way.

Qoptyi

Hallyuboo Donor+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭304,200
2011: Didn't know Kpop.
2012: Gangnam Style. Curiosity took me to SNSD.
2013: SNSD. Gee over and over and over again! Some SHINee too.
2014: SNSD quite a bit, but less Kpop overall.
2015: Less Kpop to start with, then Twice Ooh-Ahh over and over and over again!
2016: Red Velvet, but still not that much Kpop really. Russian Roulette a lot.
2017: Everything changed. I started to listen to music at work and discovered Kpop songs from before 2012. Opened my eyes a lot.
2017: The Idolmaster.KR drama. Perhaps the most important thing for me, because I discovered forums for the first time due to that show. And Lee Suji of course (that's her in my picture). Qoptyi was born!
2018: Just a intense deepening of all things Kpop, mostly GGs. Loona, UNI.T, (G)I-dle. (Also started on K-dramas.)
2019: Actually visited Seoul for a few days! So weird actually hearing Kpop for the first time not on the internet. You know, in actual shops. Seeing lifesize cutouts of Irene holding a soju bottle. And visiting a music store in Seoul was very overwhelming. Also learnt very basic Hangul to try and read a little bit.
2020: Pretty much continuous Kpop. I've recently become slightly obsessed by Feel Special over and over again!

Wow, 8 years. Time flies.

sm maid

Global Star Administrator Events VIP+ Eighth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,060,604
Pronouns
She/Her
Oh I've had so many I don't even know where to begin

Back in 2012 my best friend showed me Fantastic Baby because she heard it somewhere and was obsessed with it. I liked it too and so we started our kpop journey together. We would watch variety shows and go through some old stuff from the boy groups we liked (back then, suju, boyfriend, u-kiss, bigbang etc). I was purely a bg stan, mainly a Suju stan. Then I discovered forums and that led me to try out all kinds of k-music. I realized gg music was much more to my liking and also got into k-indie and k-hiphop. My friend never got into any of it so that kinda just made us go our own ways when it came to kpop.

Then Tumblr became a huge thing. I think that's when things kinda started to go south cause it was pretty toxic and unhealthy. I got into running fanbases for every other artist I liked with a friend that I made from akp. We stanned a lot of nugus together. That was a pretty weird time as my mental health was... not at its best state. I had a BTS phase too. I went to a lot of concerts at that time.

After some time, I moved on from Tumblr to Twitter. I stopped running too many things because it was putting pressure on me. I basically just enjoyed the music and the artists. I had a huge Seventeen phase. I bought my first albums (both versions of Boys Be signed).

After Twitter was completely ruined and as bad as Tumblr on its prime days, we had the surge of Discord. Much more chill, doesn't force you to see anything that you don't want to. You can keep in touch with your close friends only, if things get overwhelming. I started stanning NCT (2k18), and that's where I've been ever since. I check all music releases from kpop groups but I don't really stan any group other than NCT anymore. I think I'm in a comfortable place where I don't feel bored just stanning one group, since it's a super big group who is constantly doing things. I don't force myself to watch every single thing my faves put out and don't have the pressure to stay on social media either. I let go of some of my old habits like saving every pic in existence and downloading every song I like (thanks, Spotify). All in all I feel like I'm into kpop in a much more casual way nowadays, considering I had times where it was lowkey obsessive.

Top Bottom