What race do you want Prince Eric to be in Little Mermaid remake?

Kinky

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,397
Even if you think it doesn’t matter, still which race do you want him to be?

I want him to be a black guy with African features like Michael B Jordan to give the cast more diversity.

BlessMeAchoo

Excuse My Charisma
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭201,500
I honestly don't care, so long as the actor plays the role well I couldn't care less.

Ulmicola

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭88,990
I mean, it's a Danish fairy tale, it should have Danish actors. :p Since Denmark's a very small country, that'd give local talent (that isn't Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) more exposure.

Kinky

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,397
He’ll probably be white tbh I think women of color are getting popular for their beauty but men of color...

Bellamy

Be strong, be brave〰 VIP+ Early Supporters Second Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭31,165,214
Pronouns
She/Her
Am i the only one who actually want a white men with black hair and blue eyes? Eric was my first cartoon crush, and i always remember him that way.
But i think at the end of day, the only thing that matters is the acting skills.

enhanced-32101-1427223714-9.jpg

izru_17

^^
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭43,410
He's probably gonna be white, no way Disney's going to change both leads race, that's too much for the internet to handle...

Kinky

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,397
Am i the only one who actually want a white men with black hair and blue eyes? Eric was my first cartoon crush, and i always remember him that way.
But i think at the end of day, the only thing that matters is the acting skills.

Actually I think a lot of people want a white man as Prince Eric but there was a lot of people wanting a woman of color for Ariel and I wonder why it’s not the same for Prince Eric

Bellamy

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭31,165,214
Pronouns
She/Her
Actually I think a lot of people want a white man as Prince Eric but there was a lot of people wanting a woman of color for Ariel and I wonder why it’s not the same for Prince Eric

Well apparently people have preference for the birracial couple formed by a white men and another race women. (This is just my point of view).

SM's Kunta Kinte Silence

Stan Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭36,335

No me too. And I'm black. I just want what looks like my childhood, less it feels like one of those dozen knockoff films. Is it so bad to want what stays faithful to the source material? The whole point is to see the animation come to life, and that's what I want to see. In the original story (not the one by Disney) they were also white. Forget where they came from.

And no, Harry Styles does not count. Neither does Zendaya.

Pochahontas, Tiana, Mulan, Moana, and Lilo all already exist.

Bellamy

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭31,165,214
Pronouns
She/Her
No me too. And I'm black. I just want what looks like my childhood, less it feels like one of those dozen knockoff films. Is it so bad to want what stays faithful to the source material? The whole point is to see the animation come to life, and that's what I want to see. In the original story (not the one by Disney) they were also white. Forget where they came from.

THIS!!! i'm black too and i feel the same. Well Halle Bailey was already picked as Ariel, and it's really cool to see a new face (because lately they choose the same ones as always) but i just wanted the characters of Ariel and Eric to be loyal to the animation.

Now...
what done is done...
so i hope the movie has a good script.

sexy cutie

N.FIA / BABY / DEOBI / FOREVER / MYDAY / ONCE Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,376,100

personally, in my opinion, if they're not going to stay faithful to the characters in the original, they might as well reinvent the story. making a live adaptation of a story but changing the character is weird. Like in Beauty and the Beast, they tried to make Emma Watson look like Belle. And Beast was kinda the same (arguably handsomer)

Top Bottom