What Yixing posted abt HK is just disappointing and disgusting

Baby Pickle

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭61,075
honestly as someone who once supported him, I'm really disappointed and my heart goes out for those brave and strong people who are fighting for their freedom, it's a shame his fans are just blindly supporting him, this is just disgusting

AKID❀KI

Death's Mistress
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,921,164
I mean... he is in China. a.k.a a country where freedom of speech is just a concept and not a reality. I don't think he or any of the other idols have a choice to pick a side. They either have to sprout the one china thing or say goodbye to their career and head to jail. Not every country allows you to talk against the government and go Scots free. definitely not China. Was it wrong? Of course what they said was wrong but do they have a choice to not say it? I doubt it. It is easier to say something is right or wrong when you don't actually live there.

Mina

ᴊᴜɴɢᴡᴏᴏ ʙᴇʏᴏɴᴄᴇ ᴏғ ᴋᴏʀᴇᴀ Shop Lead Awards
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭37,350
Pronouns
she/her
CHINA HAS NO FREEDOM OF SPEECH.
''Blindly supporting him'' my ass.

I understand why he had to post it, even though I don't agree with it.

I mean... he is in China. a.k.a a country where freedom of speech is just a concept and not a reality. I don't think he or any of the other idols have a choice to pick a side. They either have to sprout the one china thing or say goodbye to their career and head to jail. Not every country allows you to talk against the government and go Scots free. definitely not China. Was it wrong? Of course what they said was wrong but do they have a choice to not say it? I doubt it. It is easier to say something is right or wrong when you don't actually live there.

+1

emily

개냥이 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭23,750
aren't they supposed to use weibo and not twitter anyway? why am i see loyal party members using vpns

domination

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,330
IMO Lay has always been the most sinocentric member among the Chinese idols in Kpop. I've always thought that among the 4 Chinese EXO members, he distanced himself most from the Korean members and if there's any chance, he'll definitely bring up up China or Chinese culture and make a big deal of it. There's just so many interactions from the OT12 days which rubs me the wrong way. But of course no one can say this without getting bashed because he's the "minority".

Perhaps as an ironic twist of fate, he's the one still with SM now (I wouldn't even consider him as an EXO member anymore, he is effectively not there so people need to let it go) but that's because his fame (Kris) or family wealth (Tao) or both (Luhan) isn't as high back then. He's at a point now where he could leave easily but obviously he has cut a super sweet deal with SM as keeping him was a necessary PR move during Tao-gate. He won't leave SM but at the same time he's just going to continue his ways. It's not wrong that he is focusing on China, in fact I'll say it's the logical thing to do. It's just that I already have no expectation of him to show any ounce of consideration for EXO/SM/KPOP/anything Korea related.

BTW, back when all the Chinese celebrities were posting the 9 dash line thing on social media, he went a step beyond and made it his Instagram DP. It was hella uncomfortable tbh. It's not that I can't respect his views but quite honestly, anyone, celebrity or not, that changes their DP on their personal social media to something like that comes across as a tad too extreme for my taste unless they are politicians.

Last edited:
Top Bottom