What's your favourite historical series or movie?

hatmixx

Ain't Nobody Fifth Place HoE VIP+ Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭25,050
Pronouns
No Sana No Life
I don't really watch many historical TV series... i know i like the historical movies but i don't even know if i can pinpoint a favorite...most of my favorite movies and tv shows are comedies...

kimsguardian

🄳🄾🄾🅁🚪 Sixth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭950,620
Pronouns
He/Him
is a historical movie must be a documentary one?
one of the most famous historical movies in my country is G30S PKI (it's abbreviations from 'Gerakan 30 September PKI' which means 'The Movement of September 30th, while PKI itself is a communist party in 1960s)
This movie tells a story about a communist party who attempted a coup in September 1965, how they survived and solved it, basically it's kind of civil war.
they broadcasts it every year on September 30th in national television channel.

camille

MY | ningmeng Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭139,931
Very basic but the 2005 version of Pride and Prejudice... I also really like the 2020 version of Little Women. But I'm not really into historical series/movies usually, I only watch them if they're adaptations of the few classics I like (Pride and Prejudice being one of them).

Recently I liked Bridgerton on Netflix but it's really not historically accurate and I watched it only because I like romance novels and it is a series adaptation from an historical romance LMAOO.

AstroBaby

Trainee
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭520,400
I don't tend to be a fan of historical fiction tbh in my mind I'd rather watch a documentary or something entirely fantastical rather than trying to figure out what's accurate and what's fake not that docs don't create narratives as well but yk what I mean. But if it counts I'd say Derry Girls is my favorite historical series although it's set pretty recently in 1990s Ireland but it incorporates the historical elements into it's comedy very well. For movies I'd say Grave of the Fireflies although it extremely depressing.

MedicationHelps87

Bounced Back 2024 Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,488,851
Pronouns
He/Him
Salem, Reign and Victoria, The Crown.

Even though the Crown has been disputed because of heaps of inaccuracies to the current royal family.
the fact people want to call it fiction as a general viewing reference, rather than saying it's accurate.

Katniss

Idol
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭115,050
is a historical movie must be a documentary one?
one of the most famous historical movies in my country is G30S PKI (it's abbreviations from 'Gerakan 30 September PKI' which means 'The Movement of September 30th, while PKI itself is a communist party in 1960s)
This movie tells a story about a communist party who attempted a coup in September 1965, how they survived and solved it, basically it's kind of civil war.
they broadcasts it every year on September 30th in national television channel.

It can be a movie/series or documentary if you like.
Thanks for your reply

Katniss

Idol
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭115,050
Very basic but the 2005 version of Pride and Prejudice... I also really like the 2020 version of Little Women. But I'm not really into historical series/movies usually, I only watch them if they're adaptations of the few classics I like (Pride and Prejudice being one of them).

Recently I liked Bridgerton on Netflix but it's really not historically accurate and I watched it only because I like romance novels and it is a series adaptation from an historical romance LMAOO.
Don't worry. Pride and Prejudice is not basic at all, but one of the great works of English literature. There are definitely more romance films/series set in history. Hope you'll find some more.

I saw this one on Youtube:

Also a book by Jane Austen, like P&P. It has a bit of a mystery behind it as well, unlike Austen's other books :)

Last edited:

camille

MY | ningmeng Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭139,931
Don't worry. Pride and Prejudice is not basic at all, but one of the great works of English literature. There are definitely more romance films/series set in history. Hope you'll find some more.

I saw this one on Youtube:

Also a book by Jane Austen, like P&P. It has a bit of a mystery behind it as well, unlike Austen's other books :)

Thank for the recommendation ! I like Jane Austen work, but I haven't read this one (yet). I'll definitely watch it :)

Top Bottom