Which anime did you drop after being enthusiastic in the beginning?

Vampire

Astarion approves. Community Manager Moderator VIP+ Ninth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
β¨­85,667
Beyond the Boundary
I've enjoyed several KyoAni anime over the years and thought this would be pretty cool, especially since it appeared to be more supernatural/action-y than other works they've done. Instead, I found it to be boring and I didn't really like any of the characters.

Black Butler
Victorian-era? Dramatic plots and shady dealings? Demons and contracts? This is so Meβ„’! ... I really tried to like this, but after about 14 episodes (which was already past the halfway point), I had to swallow the painful truth that even if the base concept sounded amazing and everyone had such great designs... it meant nothing if the execution was so incredibly subpar. One of the biggest wastes of potential.

Sailor Moon Crystal
I couldn't shut up about the Sailor Moon remake leading up to its release, and then I tried to watch it as it was airing and... I'd much rather just watch the original version again. A lot of the charm the original had was lost here in the remake somehow, sadly.

Katniss

Idol
Reaction score
Plus Coins
β¨­115,050
probably Attack on Titan & Kill La Kill. I got sidetracked with school & forgot ab it.
I'll probs pick them up again one day
:pandasantacookie:

Beyond the Boundary
I've enjoyed several KyoAni anime over the years and thought this would be pretty cool, especially since it appeared to be more supernatural/action-y than other works they've done. Instead, I found it to be boring and I didn't really like any of the characters.

Black Butler
Victorian-era? Dramatic plots and shady dealings? Demons and contracts? This is so Meβ„’! ... I really tried to like this, but after about 14 episodes (which was already past the halfway point), I had to swallow the painful truth that even if the base concept sounded amazing and everyone had such great designs... it meant nothing if the execution was so incredibly subpar. One of the biggest wastes of potential.

Sailor Moon Crystal
I couldn't shut up about the Sailor Moon remake leading up to its release, and then I tried to watch it as it was airing and... I'd much rather just watch the original version again. A lot of the charm the original had was lost here in the remake somehow, sadly.

Same for me on Sailor Moon Crystal and Attack on Titan.
I never watched the original Sailor Moon (it wasn't a thing in my country like in the US).

kimsguardian

πŸ„³πŸ„ΎπŸ„ΎπŸ…πŸšͺ Sixth Place HoETop Poster Of Month
Reaction score
π–π–Šπ–Ž'π–˜ π–—π–Žπ–Œπ–π–™ 𝖍𝖆𝖓𝖉
Plus Coins
β¨­1,174,920
Pronouns
He/Him
One Piece. :teehee:
i was excited to follow them when i was highschooler, then life took over. now I'm kinda lazy to starting all over again when now they're already got hundreds of chapter. :sadpepe:

Katniss

Idol
Reaction score
Plus Coins
β¨­115,050
One Piece. :teehee:
i was excited to follow them when i was highschooler, then life took over. now I'm kinda lazy to starting all over again when now they're already got hundreds of chapter. :sadpepe:
Yes, I know several people who couldn't keep up :D

Nice avatar you got by the way. I'm still with same old Hobi :p

yerm

I can make the beat go! Graphics Lead Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
β¨­2,505,706
Pronouns
she/her
Sword Art Online. I really tried but it quickly became awful and I couldn't put myself through any more of that rubbish.

Top Bottom