Which K-pop companies released great music this year?

Lilac

fearless of adventure Third Place HoE Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,231,858
Are there companies who met or exceeded your expectations in terms of music this year? There is a good number of companies that released at least one song I like.

Below are the top two companies that dominated my 2022 playlist.

1) Hybe- within the company itself there are multiple labels (Big Hit, Source Music, Belift Lab, Ador, Pledis, etc), and each of them operate differently in terms of music and concept. While having multiple labels is confusing, I like the variety that they offer and find that many songs are catchy and listenable.

Songs I enjoyed from them are:

-Le Sserafim's Fearless, Blue Flame, The Great Mermaid, and Sour Grapes…. Their debut album has no skips! I liked Fearless for its memorable beats and lyrics; “what you lookin’ at ”part is forever stuck on my head. I like their luxurious and elegant concepts; looks like they will continue model concept in their upcoming comeback next month!

-BTS- Run BTS…. is the bside of the year. It’s a banger with its heavy bass instrumentals as well as the rap sounds. It’s a fast paced song that was executed really well; the members went back to their original sounds before they started releasing English tracks two years ago. It’s a great song for a drive out and gives a different vibe from the title track ‘Yet to Come’ which is beautiful in its own way and have meaningful lyrics about their past and the future.

-Enhypen - Shout Out….not that many 4th generation BGs have rock sounds in their discography. It’s nice to see them staying away from the noisy music trend while exploring various genres.

-TXT - Thursday’s Child Has Far To Go….I’m a sucker for retro sounds so this song immediately caught me on first listen. Their latest album is solid-another song that stood out to me was ‘Opening Sequence’.

-Fromis_9 – DM…this song has made me their fan! It’s a bright, happy song but at the same time MV gives gorgeous nighttime vibes. This should have been a hit song (sigh). Their bsides this year are also great (e.g. Escape Room, Blind Letter, Rewind).

-NewJeans –Attention and Hype Boy… they debuted with bops!

2) Starship

-WJSN Chocome - Super Yuppers!.....I knew the year started off great musically when Super Yuppers! was released in January. I love the song for its cheerful energy, quirky concepts, cute lyrics, and repetitive rhythm. They’re my favorite subunit (sorry wjsn the black).

-WJSN - Last Sequence, Done… They continued to deliver musically this year. If Starship would please renew their contract next year….

-IVE- Love Dive, After Like…. LD is a certified bop that’s deserving of its SOTY title. I like ‘After Like’ even more, maybe because of its retro vibe and the sampling from ‘I Will Survive’.

-Cravity- Adrenaline…. it’s a catchy bop! One of the few title tracks from BGs this year that I enjoyed.

Both Hybe and Starship met or exceeded my expectations in terms of music this year. Looking forward to the rest of the year with all K-pop companies who work hard to release music.

hatmixx

Ain't Nobody Fifth Place HoE VIP+ Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭19,200
Pronouns
No Sana No Life
Dreamcatcher Company is the only flawless company as far as i'm concerned :sanapray:

Starship did great and JYP and SM both had some of my favorite GG/solo GG member songs.

Bchip

ᴀ ʜ ɢ ᴀ s ᴇ Events VIP+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,813,150
Pronouns
He/Him
Can't think of one in particular. GGs did really well this year...STAYC, IVE, fromis_9 (DM), Twice, NewJeans, GIDLE, ITZY (Voltage) etc.

I think it's easier for me to choose a company that disappointed me: SM. Their songs kinda fell flat for me this year.

Last edited:

Seriously

Pretty 💜 Psycho Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭17,550
Starship and JYP... to a degree, jyp has for sure had some misses, but the good stuff was GOOD.

Last edited:

Beefy

Billion Dollar Bitch
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,768,935
Pronouns
They/Them
I’ll have to go with Starship too! WJSN, IVE, and Cravity’s releases have been excellent this year.

kimsguardian

🄳🄾🄾🅁🚪 Sixth Place HoETop Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,378,470
Pronouns
He/Him
yeah unfortunately it's STARSHIP. :sweat:
not the best company but their music releases are awesome this year.
also honourable mention for Pop Music, they're doing good music as a small company with their rookie gg & ailee​

Lilac

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,231,858
Dreamcatcher Company is the only flawless company as far as i'm concerned :sanapray:

Starship did great and JYP and SM both had some of my favorite GG/solo GG member songs.

Let me guess for SM solo gg member

This was my soty for the first quarter this year!

Woolim >>>> every other company in terms of consistency across the board

I have to check out Drippin. Rocket punch consistently releases good title tracks! I also like this bside from them

Lilac

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,231,858
Can't think of one in particular. GGs did really well this year...STAYC, IVE, fromis_9 (DM), Twice, NewJeans, GIDLE, ITZY (Voltage) etc.

I think it's easier for me to choose a company that disappointed me: SM. Their songs kinda fell flat for me this year.
You didn't like ITZY 'Sneakers'? :catpopcorn:

yeah unfortunately it's STARSHIP. :sweat:
not the best company but their music releases are awesome this year.
also honourable mention for Pop Music, they're doing good music as a small company with their rookie gg & ailee​
Yeah, there's no good company out there jsnsjsj.

I haven't heard of pop music before-who is the rookie gg?

hatmixx

Ain't Nobody Fifth Place HoE VIP+ Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭19,200
Pronouns
No Sana No Life
Let me guess for SM solo gg member

This was my soty for the first quarter this year!

hehe it's my song of the year PERIOD!

also the album is really good! many of the best songs of the year are on that album too!

Bchip

ᴀ ʜ ɢ ᴀ s ᴇ Events VIP+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,813,150
Pronouns
He/Him
You didn't like ITZY 'Sneakers'? :catpopcorn:

Yeah, there's no good company out there jsnsjsj.

I haven't heard of pop music before-who is the rookie gg?
It's nice, but it's not on the same level as the other good releases this year (LOVE DIVE, Talk That Talk, RUN2U, DM, etc) :TeaPar:

Top Bottom