Who are your favorite voice actors & actresses in anime?

Vampire

Astarion approves. Community Manager Moderator VIP+ Ninth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭84,567
I've been watching anime for years and years now, and have gotten to the point of recognizing a lot of voices; I have a huge appreciation for them! I'll name just a few of them below. :heartublob:

The funny thing about this guy is that the characters he voices are usually either over-the-top, goofy characters (Koutarou Tatsumi from Zombieland Saga, Tamaki Suou from Ouran High School Host Club) or—the complete opposite—really smooth, intimidating characters (Chrollo Lucilfer from Hunter x Hunter 2011, Light Yagami from Death Note). He can also sing and is part of the long-standing anime idol franchise known as Uta no Prince-sama or UtaPri for short! But, he releases music outside of that as well. Like seriously, he's an actual great performer. He's really charismatic and fun! :wow:

Has a tendency to get casted as an antagonist (Sasori from Naruto: Shippuden, Shougo Makishima from Psycho-Pass) and because I... am the way that I am... Should I say more? :doge: LOL No, but really, to be totally honest, I just think he has one of the hottest voices ever. Some of his more recent characters include Ayame Sohma from Fruits Basket and Giyuu Tomioka from Demon Slayer, so not always an antagonist! By the way... this guy has been doing voice acting for, like, 20 years... at least. :catpopcorn:

He voiced Haruka Nanase from Free! and after the success from that, he started getting A LOT of more roles, like, way more than he ever had! It feels a little special to have paid attention and seen his growth over the years. His sweet-sounding giggles would move an angel to tears. Some of his more recent characters include Yuki Sohma from Fruits Basket and... *dundundun*... Mahito from Jujutsu Kaisen! Exciting, in my opinion, since he hardly ever plays a villain! :TzuyuKek: He's also really close friends with another favorite voice actor of mine, Yoshitsugu Matsuoka. Wholesome. :fab:

Ah... enough from me, though! Who are y'all's favorite voice actors & actresses in anime?

Stannie

Philippians 4:11-13
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,001
Honestly, I've mostly watched dubbed animes since I'm not good at multitasking (reading subs and watching at the same time) :sejeongcry: Sooo my answer will be for dubbed version. I liked the dub for FMAB. It was pretty good and fit the characters well.

Baymax

(•—•)
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭13,550
I also like the ones you've mentioned!
There's a bunch of VAs that I like but never really put much thought into who my favourites are.

If I have to name a couple...

Kenichi Suzumura
I have a SUPER soft spot for him because he voiced one of my all-time favourite characters (Lavi). To me, he literally made that character his own. In DGM: Hallow, Hanae Natsuki voiced Lavi and it just... didn't feel right? I was quite sad to hear that he wasn't going to reprise his role for it... Anyways, his voice has a certain charm and cheerfulness to it which I absolutely love!

Jun Fukuyama
I loved him Kuroshitsuji as Grell Sutcliffe, such a fun character! I really enjoy it when he sings. :hehe:
He's also voiced a lot of other series/characters I like such as Shinra in Durarara!!, Koro-sensei in Assassin Classroom and Kazuma in Noragami.

Last edited:

Polaris_Tae

🚀🚩 Social Media Lead Donor+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭466,259
anime voice actors. b-but I am an Eng dub elitist. :tears:
I like the VAs from Coyboy Bebop & Samurai Champloo. The voices in FMAB were also pretty good!
For the few JP dubs I've seen, Nobunaga Shimazaki is pretty great in Fruits Basket, though I don't like his VA in Genshin Impact. The voice just doesn't fit the character's face. It's too damn deep :peepoblanket:

soozie

✴︎ Events
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭98,533
i don’t really follow VAs but I also like Mamoru Miyano! Besides the characters you listed, he also voiced Osamu Dazai which is one of my fave character, and I like how diverse he is with his selection :poggers:

Chiharu

The Worst Girl in the World Events VIP+ Tenth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭11,427,232
:HidePar: I don't rlly follow VA's enough to have a fav. I do like Rie Kugimiya, Megumi Ogata, and Kana Hanazawa. I like Aoi Koga too, aka Paimon and Kaguya's VA :heartublob:

If we're talking English VA's, I like Cristina Vee and Johnny Yong Bosch

unicorn

Gay Street Fighter
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,695,731
saori hayami yumeko and shinobu va is the first person came into my mind, her voice is intimidatingly cute

and shoyo hinata's va i<3

watch Saiki K if you havent Nobunaga Shimazaki voiced my fave character in there

Vampire

Astarion approves. Community Manager Moderator VIP+ Ninth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭84,567
Honestly, I've mostly watched dubbed animes since I'm not good at multitasking (reading subs and watching at the same time) :sejeongcry: Sooo my answer will be for dubbed version. I liked the dub for FMAB. It was pretty good and fit the characters well.
anime voice actors. b-but I am an Eng dub elitist. :tears:
I like the VAs from Coyboy Bebop & Samurai Champloo. The voices in FMAB were also pretty good!
For the few JP dubs I've seen, Nobunaga Shimazaki is pretty great in Fruits Basket, though I don't like his VA in Genshin Impact. The voice just doesn't fit the character's face. It's too damn deep :peepoblanket:
Hey, that's totally fine! Although I typically watch anime with Japanese voices + English subtitles, I still have a few anime that I enjoyed with English voices instead. Steven Blum and Crispin Freeman are two English anime voice actors that immediately come to mind that I like in particular! And I agree with you both, the English dub for FMAB was really solid. :poggers:

I also like the ones you've mentioned!
There's a bunch of VAs that I like but never really put much thought into who my favourites are.

If I have to name a couple...

Kenichi Suzumura
I have a SUPER soft spot for him because he voiced one of my all-time favourite characters (Lavi). To me, he literally made that character his own. In DGM: Hallow, Hanae Natsuki voiced Lavi and it just... didn't feel right? I was quite sad to hear that he wasn't going to reprise his role for it... Anyways, his voice has a certain charm and cheerfulness to it which I absolutely love!

Jun Fukuyama
I loved him Kuroshitsuji as Grell Sutcliffe, such a fun character! I really enjoy it when he sings. :hehe:
He's also voiced a lot of other series/characters I like such as Shinra in Durarara!!, Koro-sensei in Assassin Classroom and Kazuma in Noragami.
Oh, great choices, Bay as usual! :fab: I listen to Kenichi Suzumura pretty regularly since he's in the UtaPri franchise. :hehe:

i don’t really follow VAs but I also like Mamoru Miyano! Besides the characters you listed, he also voiced Osamu Dazai which is one of my fave character, and I like how diverse he is with his selection :poggers:
Nice! :poggers: I've never seen Bungou Stray Dogs, but if I did, I'd probably like Osamu Dazai, too... Mamoru Miyano usually ends up playing characters I like. :TzuyuKek:

:HidePar: I don't rlly follow VA's enough to have a fav. I do like Rie Kugimiya, Megumi Ogata, and Kana Hanazawa. I like Aoi Koga too, aka Paimon and Kaguya's VA :heartublob:

If we're talking English VA's, I like Cristina Vee and Johnny Yong Bosch
Oh, I like Kana Hanazawa quite a bit, too. Good choices! And oh my god, Johnny Yong Bosch—he's one of those English voice actors I know relatively well. That guy is everywhere! :TzuyuKek:

saori hayami yumeko and shinobu va is the first person came into my mind, her voice is intimidatingly cute

and shoyo hinata's va i<3

watch Saiki K if you havent Nobunaga Shimazaki voiced my fave character in there
Saori Hayami! I've always liked her, but over the last year or two, she's really become one of my favorites. :heartublob: Noted about Saiki K! :omgwhat:

Top Bottom