Who would be your dream participants for Momoiro Uta Gassen?

abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Momoiro Uta Gassen is Japan's second biggest New Year's music show competition (after NHK's Kouhaku) and is broadcast live online. The line-up includes a variety of artists split into two teams with the viewers voting for their favourite team at the end. The line-up will be revealed at the end of the month, which begs the question: "who will attend this year?".

This year I'd like to see:

Leo Ieiri!
25101.jpg

She's my favourite Japanese soloist and an artist I could see performing.

Ariyasu Momoka!
Enf0MsmVQAM4pX7
Not very likely, but I can't think of any other participant that would be more exciting than Momoclo's former green member.

AKB48/48G-members
AKB48_logo%28pink%29.png

AKB48 won't participate in Kouhaku this year, so they might as well join Momoiro Uta Gassen instead! Last year the SKE48 unit "Coming Flavor" joined, and STU48 will be part of AYAKARNIVAL, produced by Momoclo's Aarin, so I wouldn't be surprised to see some 48G representation at the end of the year. Ideally I would want the full AKB senbatsu, but other units/groups could also join. Furthermore it would not be unreasonable to see Matsui Jurina, Yoshida Akari (not as a singer) or even Kashiwagi Yuki if AKB don't hold their own event.

Hyde/Yoshiki
RMMS-Yoshiki-Hyde-Red-Swan-Music-Station-20180917-A1064.jpg
Two of Japan's biggest rock divas who both have a history working with Momoclo. It would be a bonus if X Japan joins and announces their new album during the show.

DISH//
31eed5054618520b7ab3b24a8176f5b153d2f02e_hq.jpg

Stardust's male band DISH// had one of the biggest hits of the year with their song "Neko" but aren't performing at Kouhaku. Maybe they'll be at Momoiro Uta Gassen instead.

Stardust girl groups
DLI5yfTVwAIBJ1K.jpg

My top choices would be TEAM SHACHI, Ebichu, Iginari Tohoku San and Batten Showjo Tai but I would be happy with any choice.

Last edited:

abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
Who attended before or is it a first time a thing?
Among others: Ebichu, Tacoyaki Rainbow, Tokyo Girls Style, Koda Kumi, Wada Ayaka, Coming Flavor, Division Mic Battle, Yoko Takahashi, Creepy Nuts, Division Rap Battle, Kishidan, Fischer's, Ohara Sakurako, Starlight Kukugumi, a couple Morning Musume OG members, Boys and Men, C&K

S

Some

Among others: Ebichu, Tacoyaki Rainbow, Tokyo Girls Style, Koda Kumi, Wada Ayaka, Coming Flavor, Division Mic Battle, Yoko Takahashi, Creepy Nuts, Division Rap Battle, Kishidan, Fischer's, Ohara Sakurako, Starlight Kukugumi, a couple Morning Musume OG members, Boys and Men, C&K
Koda kumi 😳. I searched google but couldnt find anything about this is this their second year of doing this ?

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
Koda kumi 😳. I searched google but couldnt find anything about this is this their second year of doing this ?

They've been holding it since 2017, so this would be the 4th year running.

Top Bottom