Why are 2nd gen groups getting a revival this year?

Bobo

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,100
like brave girls going viral with rollin, after school trending for their recent perfomances
and more 2nd gen groups having comebacks this year like shinee and 2pm
like why?
imo we should say out with the old and in with the new (unless you are f(x) and girl'sday ♡)
raHRVXJ.gif

raHRVXJ.gif

i'm really curious so answer​

bibbidi

your heart's not broken, it's only growing Graphics
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭32,150
Pronouns
She/Her
The new groups are finally serving again, so I lowkey agree.
After hearing the uncles we call Super Junior screech "skrrt, skrrt," I knew it was time to move on
tenor.gif

bibbidi

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭32,150
Pronouns
She/Her
I see Stayc girls in the OP so I agree. (On mobile so) :cheapversionblushblob:
829004143682650157.gif

STAYC is such a good example, tbh. It's so nice to have bright girls back, with nice and simple concepts.
I really missed being able to just enjoy a song rather than do research on a topic to understand a concept where pieces are released over a 6 months span and the members don't even understand the core story :teehee:

Bobo

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,100
After hearing the uncles we call Super Junior screech "skrrt, skrrt," I knew it was time to move on
tenor.gif
exactly!!!
some of them are hitting mid 30s and they still sing about their first love...​
I mean, 2nd gen groups fans didn't suddenly disappeared but since Brave Girls' revival everyone is trying to revive old songs (MMTG tried hard for example) or old groups are trying to comeback in order to get some attention
so you are saying brave girls going viral was what made 2nd gen revive this year? :omgwhat:
I see Stayc girls in the OP so I agree. (On mobile so) :cheapversionblushblob:
i hope sumin made it to the cards
1243.jpg

bibbidi

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭32,150
Pronouns
She/Her
exactly!!!
some of them are hitting mid 30s and they still sing about their first love...

so you are saying brave girls going viral was what made 2nd gen revive this year? :omgwhat:

i hope sumin made it to the cards
1243.jpg
THIS RIGHT HERE
tumblr_pqpi6k5V8R1rca8gq_540.jpg

DO THEY REALLY REMEMBER 3 CENTURIES AGO??

Last edited:

OutroTearTheFirst

Oh, I'm sorry, but nobody does evil the way I do! Fourth Place HoE
Reaction score
On a picnic with gasppepe eating nugget peepo
Plus Coins
⨭30,050
Pronouns
She/Her
tenor.gif
They really skrrt skrrted?? :brbdying:

Anyways to try and answer, some 2nd gen groups have always stayed active with comebacks like suju and SHINee, but I’m not sure about the others. SHINee had two years of no comebacks because of military stuff, but idk if 2pm had something similar as well:poggers: like stated above I think rollin’ may have done something to influence some of the others to comeback/do a reuinion! :poggers:

Last edited:

Baymax

(•—•)
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,400
Professor Boo and his 'We Remember K-Pop' broadcasts :sanapray:

E3qFsefVkAEOHV6

In a way, I kind of like seeing the 2nd gens being revived but only for nostalgic sake like when After School performed old songs.
But as for new music the 2nd gen release, it's usually not for me dsajkhfaf

Last edited:

bibbidi

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭32,150
Pronouns
She/Her
They really skrrt skrrted?? :brbdying:

Anyways to try and answer, some 2nd gen groups have always stayed active with comebacks like suju and SHINee, but I’m not sure about the others. SHINee had two years of no comebacks because of military stuff, but idk if 2pm had something similar as well:poggers: like stated above I think rollin’ may have done something to influence some of the others to comeback/do a reuinion! :poggers:
Right! Major/successful groups have always been present. I think Heechul once specifically said that these groups like to make sure they don't fade out. A good example would actually be OH!GG. I think Rollin' might have sparked something for the lesser known groups, but to me it feels like they always come around every so often. Kind of like the 1st gen groups. When Sechskies had their anniversary a while back, first gen groups started coming out of the woodworks.

MVSica

✨🐻Ujung🛰️✨ Donor VIP+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭130,653
Idk I think Brave Girls is a unique situation where they weren't popular before and then skyrocketed to some unheard of level on the charts because of the military, not going to recreate that imo. SHINee are always popular, the bgs had to do their military service. The MMTG thing was fun and I like giving 2nd gen ggs a chance to get interest from new fans. After School was a really popular group so not surprising they would get a lot of attention again for a reunion type thing.

I do kinda agree that it's time to move on but a large part of me has always disliked the 7 year thing because its dumb. I guess for me unless SNSD or SISTAR come back I probably wont pay that much attention to it lol I guess the thing is would any of the groups on MMTG that are disbanded actually come back? I personally don't think so but I would probably take an interest just to see if that did happen.

Top Bottom