Why hasn't JYP managed to have a boy group with the same success as Twice?

DramaDramaDrama

Trainee
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭46,975
Only 2PM and 2AM during peak were big.
But I read it was thanks to varieties skills of these boys.
For me the error was not follow good music concepts and feed good fandom.
They were considered only varieties boys and maybe succesfull idol actors.
Taecyeon and Nichkhun are still loved by general public. Same Jo Kwon and Seulong from 2AM.
With GOT7 they failed to not push more local activities because JYPE send them to making tours soon thanks foreign line popularity.
With Stray Kids the company wants someone more experimental following music concepts and tours but the problem is zero local recognition because they never have tv things, internal promos in cities out of Seoul or internet stuff in Dingo (yt channel watched by a lot of korean non fans).
I read former 2PM manager is actual Chungha boss.

BlessMeAchoo

Excuse My Charisma
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭201,500
I mean 2PM were pretty big back at their peak, maybe not Twice's level, but they were certainly popular back then.
I'm not really sure why JYP's boy groups aren't as popular as their girl groups though tbh.

zai

HIP HOP RAPPER Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,790
JYP need scout some visual that knetz loves, and promote them either busking or something like university festival and variety but ofcourse they need good song too.

SJK

Stan Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭11,410
JYP's Big 3 privilege has its limits, but instead of just admitting it, most people use it to shit on the groups themselves as if they're somehow inherently less stannable than the other 27790316712 groups in Kpop. See above.

DramaDramaDrama

Trainee
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭46,975
Another question:
JYPE should be push Hyunjin, I.N. or Lee Know who seem popular in kfandom because fancams and fansites?
The tv content what I remember are the Hyunjin Music Core MC, Felix on Arirang and Han on Mask Singer. And the Hyunjin and I.N. cameo in web drama.

Cosmic Friend

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭15,910
2pm were considered competitors to Big Bang at their peak but JYP fucked up with how he handled the Jay Park situation and the rest was never the same.

fullofjoy

The innocent one!
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭913,845
2pm were considered competitors to Big Bang at their peak but JYP fucked up with how he handled the Jay Park situation and the rest was never the same.
It wasn't the Jay Park situation that cause the group. It was 1 1/2 year hiatus & Nick's DUI.

Last edited:
Top Bottom