Will Produce 101 Japan be a success?

GuardianofTheCosmicRealm

Servant Of Luda Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭229,700
It seems there isn't much hype around the program. I was intrigued over the idea, until I stumbled over this video:

I've heard that Johnny has monopoly over the male-idol scene. Could that create problems for the upcoming japanese ''Wanna One''?

SM's Kunta Kinte Silence

Stan Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭36,335
I heard some Jpop fans saying that if it finds success with the public as WannaOne did, it could be what shakes up Johnny's monopoly.

If there are English subs, I'll probably watch and if they promote like Kpop idols (meaning lots of available content) I will maybe stan.

My fear though is that the talent won't be on the same level as Kpop groups when it comes to dancing in sync or singing or the styles/concepts might not suit my taste.

Dawn

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭0
i think it will do good i heard idol groups are bigger in japan and the fanbases are stronger? not sure how true that is but... i'm sure it will be a success. i could be wrong though.. who knows

usshi

wherever you go, i'll follow Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭4,500
If it's subbed I'll definitely watch, I hope it's successful so we can see more diversity in the boy group scene

zai

HIP HOP RAPPER Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,790
If its have enough media cover and more juicy drama, i think it will be success

Epic

I don't need a cool message, I need a coffee! Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭970
if they made the series international maybe!

Yuki

Ç'est quoi ce merdier? Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,137,509
If your success mean only fandom driven then yes
They will be more success, if they have someone from big companies like JE or LDH
If your success mean public attention then i dont really know until the show start.

tseunhadoku

Nation's Little Sister
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,830
I think it's gonna get popular. When Produce first started it wasn't a very popular thing until the show continued on and built a following as it progressed. It's up to who has the backing big enough to take them on

Geumie

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,500
Probably not. The Johnny's still have monopoly and dominance in the industry. I know the founder/creator just died but his sister and niece are in charge now along with a new successor and the huge success of King and Prince likely will put Produce at disadvantage. Expect the whole cockblocking to happen like what happened to w-inds, day pump and TVXQ (though it was lifted for the latter after few years ).

Top Bottom