Will PRODUCE48's Next Season featured CHINA48?

tseunhadoku

Nation's Little Sister
Reaction score
Plus Coins
β¨­1,830
PRODUCE%2B48%2BSNH48%2Bversion.jpg

(discussion thread)

so I saw this idea being put out there on another plateform and I actually found it to be very interesting.

What is CHINA48?

CHINA48 is basically the 48 groups based in China (of course) with it's most well known group being SNH48 in Shanghai. Now unlike the other known overseas 48 groups of AKB48, SNH48 was an actual sister group of AKB48 but due to a legal issue with AKS (AKB48's company) SNH48 went to court and was allowed to succeed from the 48 Groups.

Note: the "legal issue" was pretty dumb and hypocritical. SNH48 wanted to have their own sister group within the country but AKS wouldn't let it happen so SNH48 did it anyway

but just this year AKS allowed BNK48 (Thailand) to have their own sister group in CGM48....... literally wasted money over a dumb choice

currently CHINA48 consist of the following:

SNH48
(Shanghai)

BEJ48
(Beijing)

GNZ48
(Guangzhou)

CKG48
(Chongqing)

Others:

SHY48
(Shenyang/Disbanded)

AKB48 Team SH*
they aren't apart of CHINA48, but are affiliated with the 48 Group

-

My Thoughts

I think right is not a good time for a number of reasons. Mnet is under fire for their obvious rigging of final lineups, SK and China's beef goes just as far as SK and Japan, and obviously China and Hong Kong is really not in any way gonna be peaceful enough for this to go without notice politically.

but putting all that aside, PRODUCE48 coming back with just the CHINA48 group would be beneficial to both sides like the JAPAN48 groups.

CKG48 actually was a new group when it was announced just like SHY48 but after a while they were both disbanded and later that same year CKG48 was given another chance and revive. Not to mention it gives us a whole new group of kids compared to AKB48 since China is very domestic with their entertainment.

It's like a regular season of Produce, seeing trainees we never met before so I'm actually for this espeically if it gives CHINA48 more confidence to expand within the country (because SHY48 looked so damn promising imo)

also this could at least do something with the relations at least among the kids and even the viewers when it comes to cultural differences.

(except for Team SH, screw them I heard they agreed to support China with the Hong Kong protests which is obviously AKS using the group for alt right support so I could care less for them -_-)

-

Anyway, what do yall think?

Echo

π•Žπ• π•Ÿπ••π•–π•£π•π•’π•Ÿπ•• Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
β¨­23,441
If they debut as a kpop group they won't be able to perform normally in China so what's the point?

Edit: also idk if Korean public would want to spend money on a group with more than a few Chinese members because they will go back to China after taking their money anyway

tseunhadoku

Nation's Little Sister
Reaction score
Plus Coins
β¨­1,830
They don't really have to promote in China on there own if it's like IZONE then SNH48's management would be more in charge of them in the country and give them support at least from my outline of it.

If they debut as a kpop group they won't be able to perform normally in China so what's the point?

Edit: also idk if Korean public would want to spend money on a group with more than a few Chinese members because they will go back to China after taking their money anyway

tseunhadoku

Nation's Little Sister
Reaction score
Plus Coins
β¨­1,830

for the edit, I mean IZONE exists and that's happening anyway so I can't really understand the difference in situation

Echo

Reaction score
Plus Coins
β¨­23,441
They don't really have to promote in China on there own if it's like IZONE then SNH48's management would be more in charge of them in the country and give them support at least from my outline of it.
So instead of a k+cpop group they would be a kpop group with random SNH48 members in it? That can work but what's the difference with just making a group with Korean agencies who already have some Chinese trainees anyway?

Echo

Reaction score
Plus Coins
β¨­23,441
for the edit, I mean IZONE exists and that's happening anyway so I can't really understand the difference in situation
You're right, but I assume they will be less welcoming since they've seen too many Chinese idols leaving to China than Japanese ones. Also Japanese "trainees" showed their love for Korea many times, idk if the Chinese trainees will do that yet

tseunhadoku

Nation's Little Sister
Reaction score
Plus Coins
β¨­1,830
So instead of a k+cpop group they would be a kpop group with random SNH48 members in it? That can work but what's the difference with just making a group with Korean agencies who already have some Chinese trainees anyway?

I mean, it would kind of be the same question for why they did it with the japan groups. It's just how they will do it, obviously the chinese or Japanese kpop trainees are not the same as 48 group members so it's up to who joins the show

tseunhadoku

Nation's Little Sister
Reaction score
Plus Coins
β¨­1,830
You're right, but I assume they will be less welcoming since they've seen too many Chinese idols leaving to China than Japanese ones. Also Japanese "trainees" showed their love for Korea many times, idk if the Chinese trainees will do that yet

That's true, but many people thought the same for the japanese girls and if you watch the show you can hear them refer to the experience with bias and prejudice, it shows the difference in teaching bc when i watched it you could tell the korean trainees knew what they were doing and had no time to let relations get to them since the 48 groups don't always train around korean kids compared to AKB

It's a cultural difference at least to me

Echo

Reaction score
Plus Coins
β¨­23,441
I mean, it would kind of be the same question for why they did it with the japan groups. It's just how they will do it, obviously the chinese or Japanese kpop trainees are not the same as 48 group members so it's up to who joins the show
Pd48 produced a kpop+jpop group, if the new group can't promote in China the same way as Izone does in Japan, what's the point?

tseunhadoku

Nation's Little Sister
Reaction score
Plus Coins
β¨­1,830
Pd48 produced a kpop+jpop group, if the new group can't promote in China the same way as Izone does in Japan, what's the point?

but the group can promote in China, in China they wouldn't be under the Kpop banner especially if they are in association to SNH48's management. They would have a chinese company taking care of their advance into China

Echo

Reaction score
Plus Coins
β¨­23,441
but the group can promote in China, in China they wouldn't be under the Kpop banner especially if they are in association to SNH48's management. They would have a chinese company taking care of their advance into China
Why can't Winwin promote in Korea for 127 then go back to China and promote then?

lurker24

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
β¨­700
Are SNH48 had announced that they will participate in Idol Producer season 3?

Anyway, it will be hard since:
  1. CJ E&M/Mnet have good relationship with AKS and collaborate with SNH48 can affect that relationship with not much benefits on CJ E&M/Mnet side since:
  2. The main reason why Produce48 exist is because CJ E&M/Mnet want to make money in Japan and I am not seeing that CJ E&M/Mnet is interested with China market.
Assuming that the final group is being promote in both Korea and China (If they only can promote in Korea, there is less motivation in the CJ E&M/Mnet side to go on with that project) with in China they will be managed by SNH48 management, are they allowed to use similar name? WayV cannot use NCT brand name.

tseunhadoku

Nation's Little Sister
Reaction score
Plus Coins
β¨­1,830
Why can't Winwin promote in Korea for 127 then go back to China and promote then?

Not every korean company works the same way, SM does what they do because they're SM. You really can't expect all of them to do the same desicions

tseunhadoku

Nation's Little Sister
Reaction score
Plus Coins
β¨­1,830
Are SNH48 had announced that they will participate in Idol Producer season 3?

Anyway, it will be hard since:
  1. CJ E&M/Mnet have good relationship with AKS and collaborate with SNH48 can affect that relationship with not much benefits on CJ E&M/Mnet side since:
  2. The main reason why Produce48 exist is because CJ E&M/Mnet want to make money in Japan and I am not seeing that CJ E&M/Mnet is interested with China market.
Assuming that the final group is being promote in both Korea and China (If they only can promote in Korea, there is less motivation in the CJ E&M/Mnet side to go on with that project) with in China they will be managed by SNH48 management, are they allowed to use similar name? WayV cannot use NCT brand name.

I do want to say CJ E&M is not scared of AKS. The point of working with AKB48 was obvious and from the rumored contract, CJ E&M literally made sure to in term "ruin" them.

Once Sakura, Nako, or Hitomi get too comfortable they're gonna most likely leave anyway. Juri who was a prime leader in the new era left and is in Rocket Punch, and so many 48 girls have graduated in this year allow. It's money and business at the end of the day so "loyalty" was never apart of the deal

+

I do think it's not gonna be an obvious name to the franchise just Produce like IOI, WANNAONE, IZONE, X1 make sure it's no different even if they have different promotional plans

lurker24

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
β¨­700
I do want to say CJ E&M is not scared of AKS. The point of working with AKB48 was obvious and from the rumored contract, CJ E&M literally made sure to in term "ruin" them.

It is not whether CJ E&M is scared to AKS or not. It is more on whether CJ E&M is motivated enough to do this project to the extend that willing to affect the relationship with AKS. Even you take "loyalty" out of equation, my point is that right now, I am not seeing that CJ E&M/Mnet is interested with China market. Hence, less motivation to cooperate with SNH48.

Once Sakura, Nako, or Hitomi get too comfortable they're gonna most likely leave anyway. Juri who was a prime leader in the new era left and is in Rocket Punch, and so many 48 girls have graduated in this year allow. It's money and business at the end of the day so "loyalty" was never apart of the deal

Well, people leaving is pretty much normal in AKB48. People come and go. Unexpected graduation happen. Nothing new. People learn to move on. They are not in the state of waiting for Sakura, Nako and Hitomi to come back to claim their rightful place. If they end up graduate not long after Izone disbanded, if it happens, it happens.

Juri is new era figure during post-Acchan maybe. She had stay in AKB48 for 8 years before graduate (debut 2011). That pretty much longer than typical KPop contract. She even debut earlier than SNH48 first generation (2012). Right now is different era.

Echo

Reaction score
Plus Coins
β¨­23,441
Not every korean company works the same way, SM does what they do because they're SM. You really can't expect all of them to do the same desicions
Let me answer my own question then, SM does that because Winwin can't be a k-idol and promote in China.

tseunhadoku

Nation's Little Sister
Reaction score
Plus Coins
β¨­1,830
It is not whether CJ E&M is scared to AKS or not. It is more on whether CJ E&M is motivated enough to do this project to the extend that willing to affect the relationship with AKS. Even you take "loyalty" out of equation, my point is that right now, I am not seeing that CJ E&M/Mnet is interested with China market. Hence, less motivation to cooperate with SNH48.

Well, people leaving is pretty much normal in AKB48. People come and go. Unexpected graduation happen. Nothing new. People learn to move on. They are not in the state of waiting for Sakura, Nako and Hitomi to come back to claim their rightful place. If they end up graduate not long after Izone disbanded, if it happens, it happens.

Juri is new era figure during post-Acchan maybe. She had stay in AKB48 for 8 years before graduate (debut 2011). That pretty much longer than typical KPop contract. She even debut earlier than SNH48 first generation (2012). Right now is different era.
Let me answer my own question then, SM does that because Winwin can't be a k-idol and promote in China.

again, not every company make the same decisions SM isn't the only group with chinese members that do both. For Example, WJSN has many chinese members that promote in both China and Korea + to support my point they are also under Yuehua which is a well known chinese company to which they promote in the country with.

ruru1006

Lurker Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
β¨­27,925
Will there even be a produce season4 that is the Question!
You mean season 5? Because we already have 4 seasons of Korea version

Btw, if China48 join survival shows, I think it will be Idol Producer season 3 (with already confirmed) and season 3 of Produce China (maybe Produce 48 China this time)

Top Bottom