Will you be around for the 5th Gen of Kpop?

MVSica

✨🐻Ujung🛰️✨ Donor VIP+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭130,653
I think its safe to say we're in the 4th gen of kpop with bgs and ggs. Personally I started as a 2nd gen fan and grew to become a mostly 3rd gen fan. Now that a lot of 3rd gen groups are in disband, hiatus, reformat or veteran groups status. I think we can say we're nearing the point where 4th gen groups will be taking over soon, if they haven't already.

Girl groups historically don't last past 7 years so I think we can see that in just 2- 3 years most 3rd gen girl groups will have moved on. It's sad, most of my favs are 3rd gen. :pandafrozen:

3 years from now Itzy will be a veteran group and JYP will debut a new gg maybe 2023-24. The 5th gen. Seems kinda crazy to think about. Maybe it will be 2025

Do you think you'll still be around for the 5th gen of kpop?

Last edited:

hatmixx

Ain't Nobody Fifth Place HoE VIP+ Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭360,400
Pronouns
No Sana No Life
Depends of if my bias is still here :somicry:

jk. i dont know. i did n't really plan on being here in the first place, so maybe? there are very few 4th gens i am crazy for right now. i don't really like the new trends, but who knows what tomorrow will bring.

Last edited:

Dragon of the West

Iroh VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭798,150
Definitely not. With each year my interest for K-pop diminishes, especially with just how stupid stan culture gets. Now that I have a full-time job and I'm graduating from uni around this time next year, I can't see myself sticking around for much longer.

I'll probably just keep up with releases from a few of my faves, but I have no intention of getting into newer groups.

Last edited:

MedicationHelps87

Bi Racial Ruler Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,500,501
Pronouns
He/Him
I haven't gotten into anything new k-pop wise besides Blackpink.
All the older groups I liked are all disbanded.

I will probably just collect jpop releases and thai pop (t-pop) in time.

Nothing really sparked my interest and knowing that cignature is not doing so well.
I possess a wash of paranoia whenever I get into a group, they are either going to disband or have a negative controversy.

yongfilms

Taeyong wanna talk to some BOYS
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,928,757
Pronouns
he but not him cuz i'll never be lee taeyong </3
probably not. i really only keep up with nct these days since these newer groups don't exactly interest me. most of my faves were 2nd gen (with a few 3rd gen and nugu groups) and since many of them are either inactive or disbanded my interest in kpop is kinda 📉📉📉

hatmixx

Ain't Nobody Fifth Place HoE VIP+ Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭360,400
Pronouns
No Sana No Life
look at all of us still tryna fit into kpop :viva:

giphy.gif

Last edited:

ARandomFan

(っ◔◡◔)っ<3 Content+ Donor Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,029,645
Pronouns
idk
I only actively keep up with some groups. Being an adult, you don't have the time to be so invested. But I think I'll keep listening to the songs I like and I'm sure I'll try to keep up with my favs. But even rn I have a hard time getting into new groups.

Grape Soda

SKZ Simp 🍇🍇🍇 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,180,125
Probably not. Im entering my 30s and becoming one of those kboomers that just compares now to when I entered almost 15 years ago and thinking this stuff is trash compared. Also im getting older these kids are getting younger and i just have almost nothing in common with what they are talking about.

Seriously

Pretty 💜 Psycho Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭69,700
Depends, I have some new baby groups i enjoy, but it's way too early to tell whether their discographies will hold my attention in the long run.
I've never really been one for stan culture anyway. I enjoy interacting with people over a shared interest sure, but it's music to me first. So, if anybody 5th gen ends up dropping something I like, then sure i guess.
There is of course another thing that comes with being a male fan of GGs. The growing social stigma of following younger and younger idols... I may eventually, just feel like too much of a weird old guy to be watching girls dance around.
:doge:

Vampire

Astarion approves. Community Manager Moderator VIP+ Ninth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭98,367
my biggest priority in kpop is the music! as long as there's still releases i enjoy, i'll stick around
don't get me wrong - i have biases and idols that stand out to me in general, but yeah, that'll basically always be 2nd when it comes to the music itself

Top Bottom