Wtf happened to JYP's Nizi Project?

itzy

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭204,385
JYP has been hyping up plans for their Japanese girl group since last year and JYP himself held a press conference a few months ago to give full detailed plans for the project, but so far nothing has happened since. We were supposed to be getting a reality TV programme this month, but there's been 0 teasers, news, anything. It's like they completely forgot they were supposed to be doing any of it and there's only a week left of this month

At 5:21 he mentions that they'll be bringing 20 contestants to Tokyo and film the entire process for a show in October​

Whisky23

"Kind but not soft" Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,200
Pronouns
Stud/Studmuffin
The group is not slated to be announced till 2Q 2020, and will only debut near the end of next year, so I don't think anything is wrong with the project itself. I suspect they probably delayed airing the show - there may have been delays in the audition process, agreement delays with tv networks, or they may have opted to keep a low profile for now. JYP was getting some flak by "patriots" who was pissed of at him giving the Japanese the kpop "secret sauce". Given the current state of JP-SK relations, any negative publicity JYPE gets now may impact their groups' year-end promotions and awards in the coming months. If Nizi is slightly delayed, then it can wait.

lusobr

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭558,935
This kind of thing happens all the time. These kinds of announcements are more projections than actual promisses. They do it for investors sake and not for "fans". In business plans change all the time. There are literally a million reasons nothing else has been announced yet. Until we get a report or announcement there really is no reason to speculate. Anything at this time is possible, so you can list 100 possibilities which all have equal chance of being true to our knowledge or just wait for something concrete to show up, be it a reporter's expose, an official announcement or another investor's briefing.

yerm

I can make the beat go! Graphics Lead Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,505,706
Pronouns
she/her
There's still some of October left :judgingyou: The only trainee I thought might be part of Nizi Project I found out today has moved companies so it's entirely possible it has been postponed.

Top Bottom