GVK

Hopeless Multifan Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,390,211
what to do when you know some of your faves won't make it
:peepoblanket:
Just cry. Can't do anything about it anyway. :okbye:
I think the problem in China is that there's not much of a platform or space for idol promotion. So there are these shows like cz101 or ywy which do get very popular and reach mainstream consciousness. But the group can't easily translate that interest and popularity into their music and post show promotions to the level of success that Korean versions have. Not to mention, I don't even think the managing companies seem to have much interest investing and having quality promotions for the final groups. I think they just want to make fast and easy money. Idols really have to join variety shows or dramas just to stay relevant because there aren't a lot of good stage opportunities. So on the one hand, I think that these shows are sustainable because there's no immediate risk of overcrowding the idol market. On the other hand, it means success in China as an idol is so so so difficult to obtain and even harder to sustain.
It's also the mindset towards idol groups. They're not as favored as in Japan & Korea.

hess

SNSD ♡ S.H.E ♡ IOI Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭20,860
Just cry. Can't do anything about it anyway. :okbye:

It's also the mindset towards idol groups. They're not as favored as in Japan & Korea.
Exactly. Idol music does not have the same share of the music scene in China compared to Japan/Korea. I can count the number of successful groups with one hand.

GVK

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,390,211
007uXItSgy1geefbrkmsxj32aw1j9npf.jpg

00805Q1ugy1geejryhlngj31900u0hdz.jpg
00805Q1ugy1geejrstk50j31400u04qs.jpg
007uXItSgy1gef3we3wykj31900u0b2a.jpg

o o o

Last edited:

rektinq

regrettable...but there was no other way. VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭600
havent been talking much on H+ but u bet I'll be here 24/7 : )

ok well my friend got me to watch ywy and holy I'm so obsessed, I caught up in 2-3 days and I love the trainees so much like...
anyways I have a list of my favs rn

1. snow kong
2. yuyan
3. eliwa
4. kiki
5. xinran
6. xiaotang
7. shaking
8. yu zhang
9. anqi
10. bunny zhang
11. joey chua
12. roada xu

I know a lot of my favs are top rn but like- some of them aren't and if ya'll caught up.... yup crying
at first my favs were xiaotang and kiki but recently damn, I suddenly started liking snow kong and now shes my top aye idk why I don't really have an exact reason she's just, my fav now lmao. and then with yuyan holy her stage presence in f&e and then her personality and everything idk I love yuyan so much now like I'm so obsessed lol. and eliwa I've always liked cause shes so kind and such a leader and so reliable like when kiki was sad she comforted her 😭 but yeah those 3 are my top 3 now.

who do yall like I'm curious lmao

Reactions: GVK

GVK

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,390,211

ok well my friend got me to watch ywy and holy I'm so obsessed, I caught up in 2-3 days and I love the trainees so much like...

1. snow kong
2. yuyan
3. eliwa
4. kiki
5. xinran
6. xiaotang
7. shaking
8. yu zhang
9. anqi
10. bunny zhang
11. joey chua
12. roada xu

I know a lot of my favs are top rn but like- some of them aren't and if ya'll caught up.... yup crying
at first my favs were xiaotang and kiki but recently damn, I suddenly started liking snow kong and now shes my top aye idk why I don't really have an exact reason she's just, my fav now lmao. and then with yuyan holy her stage presence in f&e and then her personality and everything idk I love yuyan so much now like I'm so obsessed lol. and eliwa I've always liked cause shes so kind and such a leader and so reliable like when kiki was sad she comforted her 😭 but yeah those 3 are my top 3 now.

Good taste. Saw you join the discord. No much going on here.

I'd say my surviving top 3 is JinZihan, KongXueer & YuYan.

rektinq

regrettable...but there was no other way. VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭600
Good taste. Saw you join the discord. No much going on here.

I'd say my surviving top 3 is JinZihan, KongXueer & YuYan.
yeah seems like your the main person on this thread lol, joined the discord and cause my friend actually owns it and I was like bruh why didn't you tell me you had a discord lmao.

oo another snow kong fan finally oop- all my other friends think snow is kinda boring and wish others were in top 9 but like- idk man
oh aria jia- taste shes such a mood lmao and then yuyan such great taste too tbh after seeing her in f&e I was so shook, and then she did amazing in lion too, tbh I kinda wish she didn't do ellas song and instead did like, idk, kunkuns?? Lisas?? idk also my surviving top 3 would then be kiki for 3rd f

Mina

ᴊᴜɴɢᴡᴏᴏ ʙᴇʏᴏɴᴄᴇ ᴏғ ᴋᴏʀᴇᴀ Shop Lead Awards
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭14,650
Pronouns
she/her

1. snow kong
2. yuyan
3. eliwa
4. kiki
5. xinran
6. xiaotang
7. shaking
8. yu zhang
9. anqi
10. bunny zhang
11. joey chua
12. roada xu

my fave is aria dfsffsdds but i told you already
:peepopbirthday:

Top Bottom