Yuju and Jihyo - Second Chance is meaningless in KPop

yknok

Nugu Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭273,220
I have lived long enough to comment on life's wisdom, and although quite a lot of encouragement was given to those who were cheated in the Produce48 contest, with IZone having defeated Lee Jieun's OST, IZOne is fully legitimized and the final hope for those who were cheated is now over.

None of those who did not make will ever make more than those who are IZone members, for the rest of their lives. Cruel, but true.

The acts where those who didn't make it ended up will probably never make enough money to pay them a penny. Never. Ban me if you wish, but what I am saying is based upon many years of observation, so if you do not want such opinion in here, I have no intention to fight it.

Empirical evidence:

For the female acts which debuted after 2014,

Only Big 3 company acts (Red Velvet, Twice, BlackPink and Itzy), plus Mamamoo (which is kind of its own company), GFriend (ditto), Bol4 (ditto) and WJSN (only in this year, although a couple people with individual activities were paid first).

That's it. (Lovelyz was paid a signing fee) Even OhMyGirl, who have worked like hell and is somewhat known, was not paid a penny as of now.

All of these who didn't make into IZOne only have this fate which Jesus predicted for those which didn't make it into heaven: (they) will be cast out into the outer darkness; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. (Matthew 8:12_

===

I have written a lot about GFriend's Yuju and her recent struggle to survive in a group whose new owner thinks she is replaceable. She carried GFriend from the gutter, but her singing style of shouting does not fit today's trends and Mr. Hitman Bang, who now owns GFriend's company, has inside track with Eunha and SinB but not with the others. So Eunha gets all the choice lines, while Yuju gets less important lines.

I have said that Yuju's life basically ended at the age of 14, when JYP rejected her in the KPop Star 1.

Yuju's subsequent career seemed to prove that there is a silver lining in life after all, but after a brief flash of glory in 2016, GFriend is just hanging by a thread to remain in the first tier, and from 2018 all the good lines are done by Eunha, whose position only got stronger after GFriend's company was bought by Big Hit.

Meanwhile, while Jihyo's vocals were said to be weaker than Yuju's, she, as the leader, exercised a control over Twice and found time for you-know-what.

I don't know how individual GFriend and Twice members earned, but it is not unreasonable to estimate that Jihyo, and other Twice members, on the average earned at least 5 times each GFriend members earned. (Since their individual activities are minuscule there are not much difference among the members)

In addition, without saying anything, Jung Yerin showed how important Yuju was for the group when Yerin invited Jihyo to Yerin's own eating show, displaying to the entire world that even Yerin thinks Yuju is not very important. Of course Jihyo was very happy in that show, since she got to insult Yuju without saying a single word.

Given today's environment where singers not backed by a major company are unlikely to go too far, Yuju appears to have decided to remain in GFriend no matter how little lines she might get or how much insult she might receive, but despite of that, if Hitman Bang decides to replace her with a younger face , Yuju is gone next year when GFriend's contract renews.

Yuju is probably the most successful second chancer in KPop's recent history. And that's where she ended up. No words need to be wasted upon those who were cheated by Produce 48, those who were released by SM Rookies, et cetera. Chances are they will not see even 1/3 of the money those who had made it will make.

Such is the cold fact of KPop. There is no second act, and one's life is basically decided before one is old enough to take alcohol. There might be a few exceptions who prove me wrong, but generally that is the fact of life.

This might be my final post if they ban me because of this, so so long if that is the case.

hatmixx

Ain't Nobody Fifth Place HoE VIP+ Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭29,250
Pronouns
No Sana No Life
ClearInfatuatedChimneyswift-small.gif

Pyron

The Blue Lightning Donor Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭4,423,330
I have lived long enough to comment on life's wisdom...

You're forgiven if you are younger than 30 for saying this nonsense. However, if you're over 30 and write this kinda stuff with a straight face, I think you need some specialized help.

yknok

Nugu Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭273,220
You're forgiven if you are younger than 30 for saying this nonsense. However, if you're over 30 and write this kinda stuff with a straight face, I think you need some specialized help.
Well, I am old enough to remember Seotaiji. When one grows older, sometimes one gains wisdom to see all the bullshit in life said by those who have power.

Pyron

The Blue Lightning Donor Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭4,423,330
Well, I am old enough to remember Seotaiji. When one grows older, sometimes one gains wisdom to see all the bullshit in life said by those who have power.

Is 90s music old? Old enough for wisdom would be listening to Hurrian Hymns and smoking some good Kush weed...

perspherspley

Apink ~ I.O.I ~ Loona ~ IZ*ONE ~ fromis_9 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭991,330
No one is banning you here, your article is always full of insight and well thought out.

Yupuplover

Senpai Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭20,577,628
I don't care about your view. I just here to comment there is no single evidence that proved Eunha is from an ex trainee from BH. so your fact about Eunha is an ex BH is BS.

Because she already mention mutiple times on her profile fact is Lee Riwon, an ex Loen staff , current GFRIEND PR staff who brought Eunha into GFRIEND. She never once mentioned she from Big Hit Ent. Bang PD who introduced her to the company. Is all shipper who create the fact. Even on her Weekly Idol profile facts, she never even wrote that she was used to be on Big Hit.

Even majority Kbuddies who follow the girls since debut , said eunha was never from Big Hit. Stop being in your delusion.

To add-on: GFRIEND recent songs distribution line was discussed among by the members themselves, they mentioned it on some interviews. Yes the most recent cb, they didnt mention but they said they know which part is best for them.They mentioned million times in the interviews. They know which part they suit the best.

Also, they know Yuju is still recording guide for them, it was mentioned during their vietnam vlive interview & that time Bighit already acquired Soumu. So, the producer or composer or yuju herself feel the members are capable to do it. You may think recording for guide version is nothing. But you know how much time & effort is required on this guide version. also she was not yet recovered from her cold & she still recording those guide song. You may keep getting her to do the guide song is showing their non-supportive but do you know a lot of main vocalist are recorded most of their group guide song. They are usually the first to listen to the guide song of their title track.

So Your opinion are just delusional

Last edited:
Top Bottom