‘Naruto’ Live Action Film in the Works at Lionsgate (The Hunger Games, Twilight) Destin Daniel Cretton (Shang-shi) Directing

Stan BiSH

Global Star Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,548,625

‘Naruto’ Film in the Works at Lionsgate With Destin Daniel Cretton Directing​

naruto_movie-lionsgate.jpg

Lionsgate has closed a deal with “Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings” director Destin Daniel Cretton to write and direct a live-action film adaptation of the manga classic “Naruto.” The announcement was made today by Adam Fogelson, chair, Lionsgate Motion Picture Group.

The movie will be based on the manga created by Masashi Kishimoto. “Naruto” has printed over 250 million copies in more than 60 countries and territories. It follows adolescent ninja Naruto Uzumaki, who dreams of becoming his community’s protector and leader known as the village ninja.

“It was a true honor to meet Kishimoto-san in Tokyo and hear his expansive vision for his creation,” said Cretton. “We are very excited to collaborate and bring ‘Naruto’ to the big screen.”

Masashi Kishimoto said, “When I heard of Destin’s attachment, it happened to be right after watching a blockbuster action film of his, and I thought he would be the perfect director for ‘Naruto.’ After enjoying his other films and understanding that his forte is in creating solid dramas about people, I became convinced that there is no other director for ‘Naruto.'”​

Last edited:

Stan BiSH

Global Star Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,548,625
Ohh no...enough of anime live actions, please!!!:facepalm:
because super hero movies aren't making money like they used to Hollywood executives are jumping in the Anime Live action train hoping they are the next big thing, aside from Naruto we know there is also a My Hero Academia movie in the works

honestly if it was a series i think it wouldn't be so concerning the thing is how you fit a Naruto arc in a 120 minute movie? for example the first two volumes of Naruto are of him meeting Sasuke, Sakura and Kakashi and end in the bell training in volume 3, you can't rush that stuff since the friendship / rivalry of Naruto with Sasuke is the central plot point of the story but i can't imagine people going to the movies just for that
(I'm scare to see who will be playing Sasuke)
Probably some Japanese idol lol
i'm more worried about Naruto:sweat:

since ONE PIECE got Arata Mackenyu there is no way they are missing the chance to put a Japanese celebrity as Sasuke, at least is going to be fun trying to guess the cast for example for OP we knew that Mackenyu and Emily Rudd were the sure picks for Zoro and Nami years before it was even announced but the rest was a surprise

babyv004

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭48,395
There always been live action movies of animes/manga in japan but not everything will result.
The ones that tend to work better are the ones that are not the typical shonen with a lot of fantasy/supernatural elements on it.
The more grounded the work is, the more easily will translate well into cinema
I think the "slice of life" and "romance" type of anime/manga tends to work better

One of the few shonens that i know that worked well was Rurouni Kenshin but that is bc japan have the samurai thingy all figured out and they just needed to grounded the more they could the fantasy aspects of the work.
Kingdom and Tokyo Revengers also worked well

Last edited:

Bellamy

Be strong, be brave〰 VIP+ Early Supporters Second Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭31,437,964
Pronouns
She/Her
honestly if it was a series i think it wouldn't be so concerning the thing is how you fit a Naruto arc in a 120 minute movie? for example the first two volumes of Naruto are of him meeting Sasuke, Sakura and Kakashi and end in the bell training in volume 3, you can't rush that stuff since the friendship / rivalry of Naruto with Sasuke is the central plot point of the story but i can't imagine people going to the movies just for that
I feel it will end like Avatar: The Last Airbender:sweat:

Top Bottom