What idol who almost debuted in another group surprised you?

RussianRoulette

Trainee User of the Month
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,352,600
Pronouns
She/Her
I feel like there are some idols who are such a perfect fit for their group, we can’t imagine them in any form that groups.

With how often trainees are passed around though, tons of idols could have debuted in different groups.

Is there an idol who revealed they almost debuted in another group that surprised you a lot?

A few idols who almost debuted in different groups who I can list off the top of my head are:

- EXID’s Jeonghwa could have been in twice
- Seomi was supposed to be in Itzy
- Jhope could have been in Got7
- Soloist Chaeron was supposed to be in itzy instead of her sister Chaeryeong. It was rumored she left to let her sister debut cause JYP would only debut one sister.
- Chaeryeong could have been in Twice
- Natty also could have been in twice
- Miyeon could have been in Blackpink
- Jinny of secret number also could have been in BlackPink (her name would have been confusing with Jennie’s if she did debut 😅)
- Lily of NMixx could have been in Itzy and Yuna could have been in NMixx, I heard it was between them two when Seomi left but they went with Yuna.
- Ateez’s Yeosang and Wooyoung were almost in TXT (they left for KQ before debut)
- Jisoo could have been in Red Velvet
- Taemin could have been in EXO
- Johnny from NCT was also supposed to be in EXO but got removed last minute because the training schedule was inter fearing with his school schedule.
- Ten was supposed to be in 127 instead of Winwin
- Johnny and Jungwoo of NCT 127 were supposed to debut in “NCT China” (aka WayV) and even learned to speak Chinese for it. When they had to rename the group to WayV, Johnny and Jungwoo were added to 127 instead and we got Yangyang, Hendery, and Xiaojun.
- I’m also pretty sure Bangchan could have been in Got7 and we almost got Bambam in stray kids? (I feel like I could see Bambam there)
- CLC’s Seungyeon almost debuted in Apink.
- Apparently Zico could have been in Shinee??? But he hated sm so he didn’t stick around long enough to even get into the debut lineup.

What news of an idol almost debuting somewhere else surprised you?

Last edited:

munyuna

孟美岐 ♡ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭80,835
Yena being a Polaris trainee along with the LOONA girls, i think she would be a great fit
also Ryujin and Heejin almost debuting together on Mixnine

UMJI MOODS

엄지는 내 장미 VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭45,091,213
Jenny from DIA was in a 7 member predebut GFRIEND but left so they became a 6 member group.
Also soloist Minseo could have been in GFRIEND as well as notorious trainee Han Sohee.

BianTwo

Girl Groups Supporter Donor+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭302,400
Heo Chanmi was close to debut with SNSD but was too young
DIA Huihyeon almost debuted with Lovelyz, from what I heard she left or didn't make it, Woollim chose Mijoo instead
STAYC Seeun was among the PlayM Girls and could've debuted with Weeekly

And it's worst in the nugu world with so many trainees moving around and almot debuting, etc

Beefy

Billion Dollar Bitch
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,774,285
Pronouns
They/Them
wooyoung and yeosang (ateez) were close to debuting in TXT

one of my OG biases Jang Hyunseung (former Beast) was in the lineup for Big Bang but got replaced by Shitgri last minute :(

fromisSakura

Jelly | Seoyeon best girl VIP+ Donor Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,264,050
Heo Chanmi was close to debut with SNSD but was too young
DIA Huihyeon almost debuted with Lovelyz, from what I heard she left or didn't make it, Woollim chose Mijoo instead
STAYC Seeun was among the PlayM Girls and could've debuted with Weeekly

And it's worst in the nugu world with so many trainees moving around and almot debuting, etc

Sumin was also in PlayM if I do not recall wrongly.

hatmixx

Ain't Nobody Fifth Place HoE VIP+ Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭419,550
Pronouns
No Sana No Life

Your Biggest Fan

OPPA!!!!
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭139,600
Future2NE1

Moon Sua (Billlie) and Seoyeon (Fromis9) were in this group.

Sistar's Soyou training with 4Minute, then being cut.

The first time I heard that T-ara's Soyeon was originally meant to be the leader/10th member of SNSD 😲
She was so close! Pictures and everything were taken but she left the group for personal reasons.
75401208692081c2289e7446dd0d14b8.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom