BREAKING NEWS ZOC member Kannagi Maro and WACK president Watanabe Junnosuke photographed at USJ together

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789

Bunshun published photos taken at Universal Studios Japan of former S/mileage and ANGERME member and current ZOC member Kannagi Maro (26) out with WACK president Watanabe Junnosuke (37). Photos show the two wearing matching hats, holding hands, and eating together, among other shows of public affection. Both parties have already issued personal statements on their Twitter accounts, apologizing for any concern they have raised. Watanabe stated that he is separated from his wife and that divorce proceedings have been initiated.

ZOC and WACK group BiS are soon to be releasing a joint single and are scheduled to venture on a joint tour. Watanabe mentioned in his statement that he will be discussing the situation with ZOC producer Oomori Seiko and their management on how they will proceed following the publication of these photos.

Stan BiSH

Global Star Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,565,925

Bunshun published photos taken at Universal Studios Japan of former S/mileage and ANGERME member and current ZOC member Kannagi Maro (26) out with WACK president Watanabe Junnosuke (37). Photos show the two wearing matching hats, holding hands, and eating together, among other shows of public affection. Both parties have already issued personal statements on their Twitter accounts, apologizing for any concern they have raised. Watanabe stated that he is separated from his wife and that divorce proceedings have been initiated.

ZOC and WACK group BiS are soon to be releasing a joint single and are scheduled to venture on a joint tour. Watanabe mentioned in his statement that he will be discussing the situation with ZOC producer Oomori Seiko and their management on how they will proceed following the publication of these photos.

i call BS, he and ZOC literally have no contact until just a few weeks ago

this seems like a publicity stunt from Watanabe and Seiko Oomori, the "i'm secretly dating a member of a group" is one of Watanabe's favorite (and dumbest) pranks, he has pulled this several times with Pour Lui (BiS1) Coco (GTTB), Toggy (BiS3), he goes in "dates" and gets caught or "accidentally" post pictures in private and then puts a statement admitting they are dating

i feel bad for Maro, she is a nice girl that keeps getting pushed around by her asshole boss, a few weeks ago a tape was leaked of her crying while getting verbally and physically abused by Seiko

Seiko is not only is a member of ZOC but also the owner of the company so it was a boss attacking one of the employees, Seiko then put a statement saying how it was just a misunderstanding, that it was the first time that it ever happened, etc basically a bunch of lies

and now Maro is being force to play the role of Watanabe's mistress, i wish someone help her get away from ZOC, such a shitty and toxic work place

also i don't buy that Watanabe is getting divorced, we know his wife works at Wack and for whatever reason she is fine with his behavior, she probably is in too, also Watanabe is huge asshole that boast about going to strip clubs while being married and other shit like that, i don't think he cares about his reputation

Watanabe x Seiko is truly the unholy alliance of idol

Last edited:

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
Watanabe x Seiko is truly the unholy alliance of idol

Both are chaotic, but I'm of the belief that only one is evil.

For what it's worth, fan reactions to their statements have been complete opposites: Maro's fans are telling her it will be okay and they just want her to be happy and that she's worked so hard to get where she is, and Jun's responses are... memes.

Now, as someone who has followed Maro since her early idol days, I know that she, too, is extremely chaotic (just more on the side of good), so I wouldn't put it past her neither to be a part of a prank not to actually be dating him. Still, the last few years have been hell for her so I want her to catch a break in any case.

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,565,925
Both are chaotic, but I'm of the belief that only one is evil.
the relationship between Watanabe and Seiko reminds me of the one he had with Pour Lui (founder of BiS), while they weren't exactly angels on their own when the two were together horrible stuff would happen, people would get mad and the media would get involved

Maro's fans are telling her it will be okay and they just want her to be happy and that she's worked so hard to get where she is,
poor souls, they still believe things are going to be fine :vaderecto:
and Jun's responses are... memes.
i don't know if it was on purpose or not but i love that you avoided using the words "fans" for Watanabe

also are you sure those are just mere memes? the hate for him is unironic :doge:

the thing is he has played the illicit affair card too many times, is hard to believe that this one is for real
Now, as someone who has followed Maro since her early idol days, I know that she, too, is extremely chaotic (just more on the side of good), so I wouldn't put it past her neither to be a part of a prank not to actually be dating him. Still, the last few years have been hell for her so I want her to catch a break in any case.

unfortunately other than the incident with Seiko i don't know much about Maro or ZOC but i can't image someone actually getting to know Watanabe and thinking that he is the one

doesn't help that the BiS x ZOC single goes out next week, so for now i choose to believe this is just a publicity stunt

...and at least it wasn't with one of the Wack members! that's a small victory (i guess)

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
the relationship between Watanabe and Seiko reminds me of the one he had with Pour Lui (founder of BiS), while they weren't exactly angels on their own when the two were together horrible stuff would happen, people would get mad and the media would get involved

poor souls, they still believe things are going to be fine :vaderecto:

i don't know if it was on purpose or not but i love that you avoided using the words "fans" for Watanabe

also are you sure those are just mere memes? the hate for him is unironic :doge:

the thing is he has played the illicit affair card too many times, is hard to believe that this one is for real

unfortunately other than the incident with Seiko i don't know much about Maro or ZOC but i can't image someone actually getting to know Watanabe and thinking that he is the one

doesn't help that the BiS x ZOC single goes out next week, so for now i choose to believe this is just a publicity stunt

...and at least it wasn't with one of the Wack members! that's a small victory (i guess)

Fans is a very strong word for the people who interact with Watanabe :wesmart:

The only thing here that's a tad more convincing is that Bunshun is also reporting that the two were seen coming and going from the same apartment building for several consecutive days, which tends to be a lot more damning in terms of revealing relationships. To the best that I am aware he has never gone that far in his previous stunts, but I'm not 100% convinced in either direction, still.

Honestly, though, as someone who is very familiar with Maro (I translated her blog for several years when she was in Hello!Project) and the way she thinks, I actually don't think this is the worst match I've ever seen. She is a little more fragile than she gives off, between her deep confidence issues stemming from her idol career and her dad passing away, so I do worry about her, but if I'm being completely frank, I wouldn't be too upset if this turned out to be real. But us Maro fans are weirdos, so :brbdying:

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,565,925
Fans is a very strong word for the people who interact with Watanabe :wesmart:

The only thing here that's a tad more convincing is that Bunshun is also reporting that the two were seen coming and going from the same apartment building for several consecutive days, which tends to be a lot more damning in terms of revealing relationships. To the best that I am aware he has never gone that far in his previous stunts, but I'm not 100% convinced in either direction, still.
he loves pulling unnecessarily complex and morally questionable stunts just some examples
  • set up an audition show with judges, journalists, etc then told the participants that they killed his love for music and walked away
  • started the BiS league inspired by ABK48... then dissolve it because he dislikes the AKB system
Flash magazine published pictures from Nao of Mameshiba drinking at a party with her friends as a minor (she was 19)

Watanabe had a field day with it, he couldn't stop making a big deal about it

he even released a music video reenacting the party

and much more but that's how far i'm willing to unwrap my repressed memories about him right now
She is a little more fragile than she gives off, between her deep confidence issues stemming from her idol career and her dad passing away, so I do worry about her, but if I'm being completely frank, I wouldn't be too upset if this turned out to be real. But us Maro fans are weirdos, so :brbdying:
reading that i feel bad about Maro, i don't want to play armchair psychologist but Seiko and Watanabe do have strong personalities and both are figures of authority, they can also be charismatic, that may be the reason why she looks up to them
...i'm going to try not think much about it :sweat: for once i'm just glad that this isn't directly related to one of the Wack groups

Top Bottom