[10/19] Kpop News Roundup (Jeongyeon, NJ, Karina, and More)

RussianRoulette

Taemin’s Wife Blog
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,315,500
Pronouns
She/Her
∘•ʚ Howdy Howdy ɞ•∘

twice-sana.gif

Once again, I have been a bit too busy with school work to make posts in the moment about the latest kpop news so here is a compilation of random tibdits that's been going on the last day or two.

∘•········ʚ ♡ ɞ ········•∘
Jessie Leaves New Company

jessi-jessica-ho.gif

Just one month after signing with her new company, DOD, the company had released a statement that Jessi has left the company following the recent event's that has happened.

Here is the company's statement:​
Hello, this is DOD.
We would like to once again apologize for any concern caused by the recent unfortunate news.
After extensive discussions about her future activities, we have decided to terminate our exclusive contract with Jessi as of October 18, 2024, at her request and after careful consideration.
Although it was a short period, we are grateful to Jessi for her time with us and sincerely wish her all the best in her future endeavors.
Thank you.​

Although Jessi did not start or participate in the fight (in fact it was shown in the security footage she tried to stop the fight before walking away), Jessi is currently being sued by the underage fan for assalt for the fight and was brought in to questioning by the police on October 16th.

Source Article
(Just to add a side opinion: I know everyone think's this is a bad thing Jessi is leaving and thinking Jessi got kicked out, but i think it's honestly for the best interest for herself that Jessi left this company. To my understanding at least it was her group from this company that started the fight and introduced the guy who punched out the underage fan, so if I were her I would want to leave this company ASAP as well. Everyone is saying it's terrible she's being "kicked out of her company", but is this company really worth staying in if 1 month in stuff like this is happening?)

Twice's Jeongyeon To Hold Concert

Jeongyeon has recently been hosting a youtube channel show called Inspector and it's been a hit!
There has been a running joke on the show where Jeongyeon would tell each guest who appears they need to appear at a concert she will be holding at the end of the year and apparently she wasn't kidding!

On December 1st Jeongyeon will be holding her "The Inspector" Concert where the guests from her show will be invited back to perform.

There is no confirmed act line up so far, but based on her guest list these are all the possible idols who have a chance of performing:

Kim Jaejoong
Onew
Hanhae
BamBam
Kim jun-ho
Son Ho-jun (+colleagues)
Sanghwa
Jihyo
Han Jisung
Jeong Hyung don
Kwon Eunbi
Hyojung & Seunghee
John Park & Jukjae
Somi
STAYC

I'm not sure how serious of a concert this will be, but nevertheless this is exciting!

SM Announces Legal Action for Seunghan and RIIZE

riize-riize-seunghan-shotaro.gif

Due to all of the recent chaos, SM released a statement that they will be taking legal action against people who make malicious and defamation posts against former member Seunghan and RIIZE.

Here is a big translation of the post from Soompi:

Hello, this is SM Entertainment.

We would like to provide an update on the legal action being taken regarding the infringement of rights of our artists RIIZE (Shotaro, Eunseok, Sungchan, Wonbin, Sohee, Anton).

We have been collecting malicious posts and comments that include threats, defamation, and insults against RIIZE members through fan reports and our own monitoring. We are focusing on filing lawsuits against individuals who continuously spread false information on specific platforms.

In particular, we would like to inform you that some individuals who impersonated acquaintances of RIIZE members on Instagram and wrote false information, as well as individuals whose illegal actions have been confirmed, have been identified and forwarded to the prosecution. We are responding firmly in accordance with the principles, and we will update you on the progress of these cases later on.

Creating and spreading malicious rumors based on fabricated or unverified information, as well as generating malicious content by editing or manipulating the artists’ images, are clear illegal acts. We will continue to take strong action and take measures against those who post malicious content and videos targeting RIIZE on platforms such as Instagram, X (formerly Twitter), and YouTube, both domestically and internationally. We reiterate that there will be no settlements or leniency for such illegal activities, so please be cautious not to get involved in any unfortunate situations.

We sincerely thank all the fans for their unwavering support and interest in RIIZE. We ask for your continued active reporting and information sharing with us if you discover any illegal actions related to RIIZE.

Thank you.​

Hello, this is SM Entertainment.

We would like to provide an update on the legal action being taken regarding the infringement of rights of our artist Seunghan.

Since his debut, we have been continuously monitoring malicious posts and comments that include false information, personal attacks, insults, and slander against Seunghan. We have already collected a substantial amount of evidence and are proceeding with legal action, including filing complaints against various illegal activities.

In particular, we would like to reiterate that impersonating acquaintances on social media to write false information that damages the artist’s character and reputation and maliciously reproducing and indiscriminately spreading such false information are clear criminal acts.

We are taking immediate legal action whenever any illegal activities related to Seunghan are confirmed, and we will continue to respond firmly without settlements or leniency.

We thank all the fans who support Seunghan, and we will continue to do our best to protect our artists.

Thank you.​

Statement 1 Statement 2

Many are unhappy with how late SM is at releasing these statements.

Previously, around 1000 funeral wreaths were left outside of SM Ent from Korean OT6 RIIZE fans in protest over the announcement of him previously rejoining the group.

SNL Korea Mocks NJ Hanni

GaRNknEXsAA9c_f

In the most recent episode of SNL Korea there was a skit where they made fun of Hanni when she was speaking at the assembly. In the skit they were making fun of her not being fluent in Korean, and also I believe making fun of the politicians by/for making it seem more like a NJ fan meet than a political hearing.

Many Tokki's are upset over this skit.

MHJ Curses F(X)'s Krystal Via Shaman

jrystal-krystal-jung.gif

This was apparently included in the MHJ text leaks back in July but it's just making it's name around the news now.

In some text messages from MHJ that were leaked, MHJ has apparently accuse F(X)'s Krystal of copying her and asked her shaman to possess and curse her on her behalf.
:clowned:
Here is a translation of the text message from twitter:
GaGpFoqb0AYnY2s

Here is the source article from July where the text messages are from.

I have two comments on this.
1. I thought the Shaman was gone in the wind?
2. Krystal does some acting here in there, but she hasn't made music in years and of what I can see from her instagram has just been living her best life traveling around on vacation with her sister Jessica. I would LOVE to know what exactly MHJ think's Krystal is doing that she's copying her and/or New Jeans???

Aespa Karina 1st Music Show Win

karina-aespa.gif

Aespa recently released their solo songs which they have been preforming in concerts this year on social media platforms.

Karina won this week's Show! Music Core with her solo song UP!

Karina posted a tearful thank you selfie on her bubble to thank fans for the win.

Karina's solo song has no MV and is not being promoted, so her winning despite all of this is a big accomplishment! Congrat's Karina!

Rose and Bruno Mars gets PAK

ros%C3%A9-apt.gif

Rose has reached #1 on all charts with her collaboration song APT with Bruno Mars!

Congrats Rose! You deserve it!

∘•········ʚ ♡ ɞ ········•∘

Well, That's about everything I can think off the top of my head.

MHJ needs to calm down with the copying claims. What's next, is MHJ going to accuse me of copying her/new jeans because we both breathe air?

:jy:

I tried to end this round up on some happier news at least?

∘•ʚ Tune in next time for another Kpop News Roundup! ɞ•∘

Apparently no one read my last post all the way so this time if you've read this far please comment your favorite twice gif.

sana-heart.gif

SirTim0thy

🦋 Karma Butterfly 🦋
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭778,600
The SNL skit jab at Hanni seems in poor taste imo. Especially since the whole ongoing mess is unresolved.

MHJ now bringing Krystal into this isn't helping her any. She's looking to me like she's lost touch with reality.

Congrats to Rose/Bruno on their success, and to Karina as well for the victory.

Thanks for the effort put into these posts.

tzuyu-twice.gif

Top Bottom