[10/26] Kpop News Roundup (Attrakt, Blackpink, LSM, etc)

RussianRoulette

Taemin’s Wife Blog
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,315,300
Pronouns
She/Her
∘•ʚ Howdy Howdy ɞ•∘

yuta-yuta-nakamoto.gif

The main headlines in kpop today is the Hybe audit leak but there were other small stuff I thought I would share.

∘•········ʚ ♡ ɞ ········•∘

Lee Sooman's new trainees revealed

A2O, former SM Lee Sooman's new company, has released a video of some of their new trainees:

Not a lot of the trainees seem Korean so i'm wondering if these are the people he scouted in China?
I'm surprised he was able to put things together so fast.

Blackpink goes on hiatus

Rose said in an interview recently that Blackpink decided in a mutual agreement with each other that they will be taking a year long hiatus to focus on solo activities.
After focusing on solo stuff, they will then regroup to think about group activities again:

Attrakt issues statement dismissing ABlume

With the news of Ablume (three former 50/50 members) redebuting soon, Attrakt and the Korean Management Federation has issued a join statement condemning them.

The website will not let me copy and paste the full statement here. I took a screenshot so here it is under spoiler:
lCJmcNL.png

Here is the source article for anyone who wants to read the whole thing.

Attrakt goes MIA on social media

Shortly after releasing this statement Attrakt went MIA on social media, baffling everyone.

First their twitter account went private and is still hidden.

This didn't surprise people too much at first. People were attacking Attrakt over their statement, so maybe they just went private themselves to shield from hate comments.

Then awhile later their instagram account was completely deleted.

Since Attrakt is currently promoting the new 50/50 lineup it is sort of strange for them to go MIA on social media.

As of right now Attrakt is nearing the deadline to submit evidence for their lawsuit against The Givers (it ends at the end of October).

Minho solo album collaborations

shinee-minho.gif

Minho's first full solo album Call Back is nearing!

It was recently announced that Aespa's Ningning and RIIZE's Sohee will be featured on his album.

We look forward to this collaboration!

Happy Birthday Yuta!

Not news but since today's news roundup falls on Yuta's birthday I wanted to end this post wishing Yuta a very happy 29th Birthday
Yuta!

yuta-yuta-rose.gif

Please check out his solo debut Off The Mask

∘•········ʚ ♡ ɞ ········•∘

I didn't think I would be making this into a reoccurring series but I guess this is now?

wooyoung-bobawooyo.gif

∘•ʚ Tune in next time for another Kpop News Roundup! ɞ•∘

And for anyone who's read this far in the comments please let me know what your go-to coffee shop order is (coffee, tea, hot chocolate, etc).

I don't drink coffee so I either get hot chocolate with caramel (and oat milk if possible) or a frozen hot chocolate also with caramel.​

Last edited:

RussianRoulette

Taemin’s Wife Blog
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,315,300
Pronouns
She/Her
LSM needs to let those babies go! They crave the classroom and cocomelon pls :yooheadache:

and I either get a chai tea latte or cold brew (black), thank you the updates!
I'm deeply confused how he can legally have trainee's already since he still has another year at least before he can participate in the entertainment industry in South Korea?

Correct me if i'm wrong, but the majority of the trainees in the video seem to be the trainee's he recruited in China so my tin hat theory is that's a loophole or something.

(Also thank you for reading the whole post :heartublob:)

Doyochi

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,300
Pronouns
She/Her
Blackpink goes on hiatus

Rose said in an interview recently that Blackpink decided in a mutual agreement with each other that they will be taking a year long hiatus to focus on solo activities.
After focusing on solo stuff, they will then regroup to think about group activities again:

Honestly a smart move. They've been doing super well individually and I would hate that YG would keep them "busy" with their cb (aka postponing it).
Would be nice if they meet up once in a while and maybe do like a full group live once in a while but I'd understand if that's hard for their schedules

Happy Birthday Yuta!

Not news but since today's news roundup falls on Yuta's birthday I wanted to end this post wishing Yuta a very happy 29th Birthday
Yuta!

yuta-yuta-rose.gif
Yeeeeyyyy happy birthday to our Scorpio king!!!

I didn't think I would be making this into a reoccurring series but I guess this is now?

wooyoung-bobawooyo.gif
OMG yesss I'd love if you keep it around. I can't really keep up with kpop so much so this is a godsent for me OP noona

And for anyone who's read this far in the comments please let me know what your go-to coffee shop order is (coffee, tea, hot chocolate, etc).
I don't really go to coffee shops but I drink lots of tea

Chiharu

The Worst Girl in the World Events VIP+ Tenth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,556,482
most of those a20 trainees don't look any older than like, 12...hopefully they won't be debuting for several more years

heather

your heart's not broken, it's only growing Blog Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭92,470
Pronouns
She/Her
most of those a20 trainees don't look any older than like, 12...hopefully they won't be debuting for several more years
That’s my hope too!

Fundamentally, I feel like parents and the other adults are always going to make this a difficult path. I think extracurriculars are good for kids but when kids debut really young, they are being thrown into a huge industry without the capacity to process it when even adults can’t manage. Don’t get me wrong, trainees are also being introduced to the industry, but I don’t see it as something different from being on one of the national dance teams or doing ballet.

My assumption is that they probably have some older trainees who are ready, but aren’t being advertised.

Chiharu

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,556,482
That’s my hope too!

Fundamentally, I feel like parents and the other adults are always going to make this a difficult path. I think extracurriculars are good for kids but when kids debut really young, they are being thrown into a huge industry without the capacity to process it when even adults can’t manage. Don’t get me wrong, trainees are also being introduced to the industry, but I don’t see it as something different from being on one of the national dance teams or doing ballet.

My assumption is that they probably have some older trainees who are ready, but aren’t being advertised.
well, dancers aren't usually made to get plastic surgery, as far as I'm aware...but yea, the problem isn't so much becoming a trainee as debuting way too young...all this hybe drama being a prime example of why kids shouldn't debut

heather

your heart's not broken, it's only growing Blog Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭92,470
Pronouns
She/Her
well, dancers aren't usually made to get plastic surgery, as far as I'm aware...but yea, the problem isn't so much becoming a trainee as debuting way too young...all this hybe drama being a prime example of why kids shouldn't debut
As I said, the problem is the adults around them. Most minors don't have the money or legal leverage to get plastic surgery done on their own.

Last edited:

RussianRoulette

Taemin’s Wife Blog
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,315,300
Pronouns
She/Her
Something I want to shout out:
I always thought SM debuting young idols was a MHJ thing. There was a trending post on Twitter talking about it but pretty much they explained it was when MHJ was a creative director at SM that we had all of these idols debuting so young in kpop groups and they pointed out as soon as MHJ left that SM no longer debuted minors. (I know ningning was 18, RIIZE everyone else was at least 18 to my knowledge. The only exception might be NCT wish but I know they debuted via a survival show.)

I always sort of believed the facts twitter presented because we all know how MHJ feels about youth and beauty :jy:

If LSM debuts minors I guess I’d be a bit surprised, but since LSM can’t even legally debut a group yet the trainees need to wait to debut anyway.

Last edited:

Chiharu

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,556,482
Something I want to shout out:
I always thought SM debuting young idols was a MHJ thing. There was a trending post on Twitter talking about it but pretty much they explained it was when MHJ was a creative director at SM that we had all of these idols debuting so young in kpop groups and they pointed out as soon as MHJ left that SM no longer debuted minors. (I know ningning was 18, RIIZE everyone else was at least 18 to my knowledge. The only exception might be NCT wish but I know they debuted via a survival show.)

I always sort of believed the facts twitter presented because we all know how MHJ feels about youth and beauty :jy:

If LSM debuts minors I guess I’d be a bit surprised, but since LSM can’t even legally debut a group yet the trainees need to wait to debut anyway.
Given that the youngest member of SMNGG will probably be 16 or 17, I don't think this theory has much credence. Probably more of a coincidence

Top Bottom