abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
EpW4EEWVgAAH7mD

Up Up Girls (Kakko KARI) held their last concert as a quintet today as the group moves into a new chapter. Furukawa Konatsu, Mori Saki, Saho Akari and Arai Manami all graduated after spending 9 years with the group since its formation in 2011, while Sekine Azusa stays. Azusa will change her member colour to red as she becomes the leader for the group which will add 7 new members.

S

Some

I still don't get why they didnt let the uug2 members join weren't they supposed to be second gen ?

heather

your heart's not broken, it's only growing Blog
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,475,770
Pronouns
She/Her
Woooow! Congratulations to them! Hoping for the best ♥

S

Some

I think they were always supposed to be their own group. Back then I doubt there were any plans to add new members to Kari in the future.

really ? Then why give them the same name as uug that's weird. I have another question why does uug have (kari) in their name even that's not how you name a gg :/

Lurkette

Trainee Translation Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭495,789
really ? Then why give them the same name as uug that's weird. I have another question why does uug have (kari) in their name even that's not how you name a gg :/

Initially the group was called Up-Front Girls (Subject to change). When they settled on the name Up Up Girls, they decided to keep the (kari) as a representation that the group had limitless potential (they are also not the only group to use (kari) in idol nomenclature; Team Shachi's official image color is Murasaki Purple (Subject to change)). When they announced the UUG2 auditions, management stated that they did not know for certain what the new members would be doing: they considered adding them to UUG, having them as a trainee program/feeder group, and letting them become their own group. They settled on the last one. This time, however, since most of the group will be gone, they auditioned specifically for new members.

Also don't forget there is UUG (Pro Wrestling). They're their own little idol franchise at this point.

S

Some

Initially the group was called Up-Front Girls (Subject to change). When they settled on the name Up Up Girls, they decided to keep the (kari) as a representation that the group had limitless potential (they are also not the only group to use (kari) in idol nomenclature; Team Shachi's official image color is Murasaki Purple (Subject to change)). When they announced the UUG2 auditions, management stated that they did not know for certain what the new members would be doing: they considered adding them to UUG, having them as a trainee program/feeder group, and letting them become their own group. They settled on the last one. This time, however, since most of the group will be gone, they auditioned specifically for new members.

Also don't forget there is UUG (Pro Wrestling). They're their own little idol franchise at this point.

oh ok thanks for the information

Top Bottom