sm maid

Global Star Administrator Events VIP+ Eighth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭79,214
Pronouns
She/Her
teImFr1.png

This is an expanded version of my usual NCT yearly wrap-up thread because in comparison to the two previous years they didn't release nearly as much which means I can get more in-depth about each category. Still, they did 5 of every thing which is kind of a funny coincidence I guess so here we go.
Here are the 5 categories:

No7Rykp.png

With 127 mainly on tour and WayV left to sort out their lineup issues, this year's NCT was mostly carried by NCT DREAM group releases. They had a full album with 'Glitch Mode', its repackaged album 'Beatbox' and a winter mini album 'Candy'. 127 managed to squeeze a comeback in their schedule with '2 Baddies', and WayV came back at the very end of the year with 'Phantom', after a hiatus of over a year since their last release 'Kick Back'.

As for 2023, we already have two confirmed releases: a very unusual repackage album by 127 released months after its main album, 'Ay-yo', set for January 30th and NCT DREAM's Japanese debut single 'Best Friend Ever', set for February 8th.​

Last edited:

sm maid

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭79,214
Pronouns
She/Her
yqTsWLY.png

This year, SM launched NCT's own STATION branch, NCT LAB, where it promised to release some promotional singles consisting of NCT solos and units. We had 5 NCT LAB releases spread throughout the year, plus one SM STATION that included NCT but was not released under the NCT LAB label, possibly because it was a collaboration with a different artist: Taeyong's Love Theory with Wonstein. Whether NCT LAB will continue into the next year and beyond is still uncertain, but I hope they keep up with the project as it's a good opportunity to let members show different styles they can't usually explore with their respective units.

Last edited:

sm maid

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭79,214
Pronouns
She/Her
zr5JZ1q.png

The live video above includes 3 OSTs:
Doyoung - A Little More (Soundtrack #1 OST) [in the video, Taeil joins him]
Taeil - Starlight (Twenty Five Twenty One OST) [in the video, Haechan joins him]
Haechan - Good Person 2022 (Friends OST) [in the video, Doyoung and Taeil join him]

Last edited:

sm maid

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭79,214
Pronouns
She/Her
ZfBE447.png

NCT is not made only of noise. In fact, their 'noisy' songs are probably around 10% of what their discography has to offer. For those of you with grandma ears no interest in this stuff, they have plenty of R&B and mid-tempo jams, among other things. And we know they also have some of the best vocalists in the industry to pull it off.

Overall, NCT released a total of x songs in 2022, which isn't as much as 2021 (84) and 2020 (83), but still a whole lot of songs. It was expected that they would slow down in releasing insane amounts of music considering most of it was compensation for the fact they couldn't do much other than release music during the pandemic. Now that they're back to touring and attending events it's understandable that they would prioritize that over just album sales.

Year distribution
1 in 2014 (pre-debut);
19 in 2016;
34 in 2017;
53 in 2018;
53 in 2019;
83 in 2020;
84 in 2021;
62 in 2022.
Total: 389 songs

For 2023, other than the already confirmed releases mentioned above, it's expected that they will once again have a full group project as NCT 2023, as well as debut a new sub-unit with Sungchan, Shotaro and the introduced rookies. Moreover, SM promised a SuperM comeback as well, we'll see how that goes.
Aaand just like that.. it's a wrap once again. Hope for more good music and fun moments with NCT in 2023!​

Last edited:

sm maid

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭79,214
Pronouns
She/Her
if you saw the mess I just made out of this thread no you didn't :iwillfightyou:

Bellamy

Riding on your rhythm through the solar system VIP+ Early Supporters Second Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭36,634,914
Pronouns
She/Her
NCT is not made only of noise. In fact, their 'noisy' songs are probably around 10% of what their discography has to offer. For those of you with grandma ears no interest in this stuff, they have plenty of R&B and mid-tempo jams, among other things. And we know they also have some of the best vocalists in the industry to pull it off.
This x100!! I mean NCT are the representatives of noise music (at least in the last 2 generations) but they have b-sides easy to listen to, so there's no excuse to give them an opportunity.
if you saw the mess I just made out of this thread no you didn't :iwillfightyou:
As expected from the #1 NCTzen, amazing thread!!!👏👏👏
tumblr_olsdly4hGT1vtzx3lo4_400.gif

Last edited:

sm maid

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭79,214
Pronouns
She/Her
This x100!! I mean NCT are the representatives of noise music (at least in the last 2 generations) but they have b-sides easy to listen to, so there's no excuse to give them an opportunity.

As expected from the #1 NCTzen, amazing thread!!!👏👏👏
tumblr_olsdly4hGT1vtzx3lo4_400.gif
Thanks for supporting my NCT threads bell :sejeongcry:

Seunghee's Eyebrows

그댄 나의 Angel Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭13,508,888
As an SM group stan (still trying to get into AESPA), I want to like NCT but there's only a handful of songs I like at the moment. (see what I did there? :wendyayy: )
Love Jaehyun's vocals.

I like Favorite, Make A Wish, Lemonade

sm maid

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭79,214
Pronouns
She/Her
As an SM group stan (still trying to get into AESPA), I want to like NCT but there's only a handful of songs I like at the moment. (see what I did there? :wendyayy: )
Love Jaehyun's vocals.

I like Favorite, Make A Wish, Lemonade
do you check out all nct's group releases or only some? :poggers:

Seunghee's Eyebrows

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭13,508,888
do you check out all nct's group releases or only some? :poggers:
Funny thing is that I started liking NCT songs by "accidentally" running into their songs when I'm in the streets
EG.

There's no surprise their vocals are insane since they're trained by the best in SM. Just find it hard to follow them cos there's so many members and so many units. They have so many that it takes at least 2 episodes of these to cover them :irene:

sm maid

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭79,214
Pronouns
She/Her
Funny thing is that I started liking NCT songs by "accidentally" running into their songs when I'm in the streets
EG.

There's no surprise their vocals are insane since they're trained by the best in SM. Just find it hard to follow them cos there's so many members and so many units. They have so many that it takes at least 2 episodes of these to cover them :irene:

oh yeah for sure there's a lot to digest when it comes to nct

hope you'll find more songs you like in the future :poggers:

Seunghee's Eyebrows

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭13,508,888
oh yeah for sure there's a lot to digest when it comes to nct

hope you'll find more songs you like in the future :poggers:
Favorite era Jaehyun still melts me
"See that" "Hands down" "Take that"
As a straight dude, he can rip me apart and all I'd say is "does tomorrow work for you too?"

db0802b4810aa50553c50314592e72b72fe4d8ae.gif

83e7b4963a8befff8b4330d5e99867d769594465.gif

Vampire

IDLE TRANSFIGURATION Community Manager Moderator VIP+ Ninth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭80,550
My favorite title tracks were 2 Baddies and Phantom! :poggers: Wasn't super into NCT DREAM this year, tbh; I think Glitch Mode was alright, though.

I have a confession—I don't think I listened to all the NCT LAB songs... or the collabs, in general. I'll have to remember to come back to them. :squirtlechristmas:

My favorite B-sides were Faster, Time Lapse, and Vitamin! :happymagi:

sm maid

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭79,214
Pronouns
She/Her
My favorite title tracks were 2 Baddies and Phantom! :poggers: Wasn't super into NCT DREAM this year, tbh; I think Glitch Mode was alright, though.

I have a confession—I don't think I listened to all the NCT LAB songs... or the collabs, in general. I'll have to remember to come back to them. :squirtlechristmas:

My favorite B-sides were Faster, Time Lapse, and Vitamin! :happymagi:
From the NCT LAB stuff I highly recommend jaehyun's and ten's! from the collabs villain is a must listen

Glitch Mode/Beatbox album was a downgrade from Hot Sauce/Hello Future imo but it still gave me sorry heart which is one of my fave nct songs of all time, plus the bsides on the winter album are wonderful

Bellamy

Riding on your rhythm through the solar system VIP+ Early Supporters Second Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭36,634,914
Pronouns
She/Her
From the NCT LAB stuff I highly recommend jaehyun's and ten's! from the collabs villain is a must listen

Glitch Mode/Beatbox album was a downgrade from Hot Sauce/Hello Future
Agreed 100%:munchlax:

Top Bottom