A singer whose live singing is underestimated

grainy

Hallyuboo Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭851,511
The way Hebe just gets better with time :peepopbirthday:

I say underestimated because people mostly remember her from S.H.E's early days, before they really became good & developed their own styles. She gets a lot more recognition now, but she's still comparatively unrecognised for her live ability & discography variety.

Last edited:

rektinq

regrettable...but there was no other way. VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭600
I love her voice! :peepopbirthday: her live stages are the best
yess I love her chinese pronunciation- it's hard to explain but their are certain pronunciations that i just love- like- their chinese voice or whatever

grainy

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭851,511
yess I love her chinese pronunciation- it's hard to explain but their are certain pronunciations that i just love- like- their chinese voice or whatever
Oh aye I know what you mean I think! For me it's hard to get into some singers because their enunciation feels a bit weird :/ and it's more obvious for chinese music sometimes!

i think even when hebe tries out a different way of singing and pronunciation it's still easy to hear what she's singing? That makes her easy to listen to for me

rektinq

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭600
Oh aye I know what you mean I think! For me it's hard to get into some singers because their enunciation feels a bit weird :/ and it's more obvious for chinese music sometimes!

i think even when hebe tries out a different way of singing and pronunciation it's still easy to hear what she's singing? That makes her listen to for me

also the thing is I'm Chinese, i was born in china (fun fact if u know who meiqi is i was born in the same city as her xD) and so it was my first language and theres just something about some chinese peoples voice that i just love.. like an example is YUQIS CHINESE VOICE OH MY GOD. i think like 1 month before gidle debut they releases some "voice teasers" with them talking about their past or whatever and yuqi did it in chinese and omfg i loved her voice in it-

grainy

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭851,511
also the thing is I'm Chinese, i was born in china (fun fact if u know who meiqi is i was born in the same city as her xD) and so it was my first language and theres just something about some chinese peoples voice that i just love.. like an example is YUQIS CHINESE VOICE OH MY GOD. i think like 1 month before gidle debut they releases some "voice teasers" with them talking about their past or whatever and yuqi did it in chinese and omfg i loved her voice in it-
oo i went to listen to yuqi speaking in chinese and you're right, she really enunciates well! and the tone of her speaking voice is good too :love:

oh I see! :) Luoyang? That's cool! :) I've always kinda wanted to visit the four ancient capitals of china! wouldn't have known english wasn't your first language if you hadn't said though!

I'm ethnic Chinese, it's my second language but I have to work on it quite a lot because I usually speak English only in my daily life. So I find it helpful to listen to singers with good enunciation :)

rektinq

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭600
oo i went to listen to yuqi speaking in chinese and you're right, she really enunciates well! and the tone of her speaking voice is good too :love:

oh I see! :) Luoyang? That's cool! :) I've always kinda wanted to visit the four ancient capitals of china! wouldn't have known english wasn't your first language if you hadn't said though!

I'm ethnic Chinese, it's my second language but I have to work on it quite a lot because I usually speak English only in my daily life. So I find it helpful to listen to singers with good enunciation :)
ah i see nice ! i moved to USA when i was like 5 xD so my chinese now isn't too good but i can still communicate really well and can understand chinese songs and stuff which makes me really really wanna get into cpop more but sadly I can't find too many groups i like 😭

grainy

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭851,511
ah i see nice ! i moved to USA when i was like 5 xD so my chinese now isn't too good but i can still communicate really well and can understand chinese songs and stuff which makes me really really wanna get into cpop more but sadly I can't find too many groups i like 😭

Ahh I see, that makes sense! I'm about the same level I think actually :eek: Because I understand pretty well but I have a bit more trouble forming sentences

What if I recommend some Chinese songs? I don't really listen to groups, but Mandopop has been my fav for pop music for a while now, since the lyrics are still pretty good! :eek: They're more focused on singers as opposed to groups tho

rektinq

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭600
Ahh I see, that makes sense! I'm about the same level I think actually :eek: Because I understand pretty well but I have a bit more trouble forming sentences

What if I recommend some Chinese songs? I don't really listen to groups, but Mandopop has been my fav for pop music for a while now, since the lyrics are still pretty good! :eek: They're more focused on singers as opposed to groups tho
Mmmmm maybe I usually prefer groups > soloists unless I really really like the soloist- atm i mainly like chinese bgs lol like Nex7, ONER, and Nine Percent, but i also love some of the snh48 sub units and Sing and some other groups

grainy

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭851,511
Mmmmm maybe I usually prefer groups > soloists unless I really really like the soloist- atm i mainly like chinese bgs lol like Nex7, ONER, and Nine Percent, but i also love some of the snh48 sub units and Sing and some other groups
Ahh okay then! :)
'cause rn the market is still focused on soloists, and they get much more interesting music after they establish themselves :)

i took a look at nex7 & ONER's music and I think you might like these, though, I totally understand if it's just not your thing! :) (you def know jolin, so i haven't included her music!)

rektinq

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭600
Ahh okay then! :)
'cause rn the market is still focused on soloists, and they get much more interesting music after they establish themselves :)

i took a look at nex7 & ONER's music and I think you might like these, though, I totally understand if it's just not your thing! :) (you def know jolin, so i haven't included her music!)

yeah jolin is a QUEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNN
queen of cpop XD

Top Bottom